Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Overtaking another bike

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Among the banter there is valid responses.

Start a 'what oil' thread. I like those.
    True, there was some good discussion at first. It is disturbing when you are encouraged to "grow some balls" when it comes to overtaking though!

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    Which group of riders did I slag off?
    Ask a Harley rider ...

And how am I responsible for some of the shit that’s been written in this thread?
    Basically ... this thread started with your whinge about your lack of ability/bike to pass a slower rider. Your lack of consideration for other riders was evident. As a result ... you gathered very little sympathy ...

There was some good posts at first, but most of the thread is just abuse.
    After your first post ... it was to be expected to head downhill pretty soon. At least the abuse was not entirely directed at you ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Ask a Harley rider ...

Basically ... this thread started with your whinge about your lack of ability/bike to pass a slower rider. Your lack of consideration for other riders was evident. As a result ... you gathered very little sympathy ...

After your first post ... it was to be expected to head downhill pretty soon. At least the abuse was not entirely directed at you ...
    Interesting interpretation of what I wrote. If you look for the negative, you'll always find it.

Bike
    A
    This was what I wrote. There have been a lot of Harleys on the road this summer and I can't recall any dodgy riding.

I'm not sure why, because I have had a couple of close calls in the past.
    The funny thing is that I don't disagree with your original post, but you don't get very far opening a conversation by slagging off one group. Just ignore the negative stuff on KB, put one or two folks on the ignore list and you'll find this place much nicer to spend time in. The only reason some of us respond to what cassina posts, is that so much of her stuff is just plain wrong and it needs to be countered. Free speech and all, but by crikey she spouts some BS

Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    I would say ride a Harley but your post suggests your knuckles aren't dragging on the floor.

/pt
    Not yet, but I've closely looked at some. For what it's worth I know a few Harley riders who can embarrass a good number of sports bike riders

My knuckles only drag on the ground some of the time

It does say rider coach in your profile.

I see the road to Port Waikato is now designated as a High Crash Rate area.
    No it doesn't actually say rider coach, although I do get into that

Bike
    R6
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Here's a reply from a riding instructor.

Positioning is a product of many things.

Including moving over when someone wants to overtake.

Positioning is a product of many things. And rarely involves simply adopting a rigid, unchanging lateral location within a lane.
    Prezactly. Move over when it is safe to let them overtake, but I'll be fucked if I'm going to open the door for some squid on a liter bike who has the potential to half arse it and run me wide.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Which group of riders did I slag off? And how am I responsible for some of the shit that’s been written in this thread?

There was some good posts at first, but most of the thread is just abuse.

...astute observation...there are things on this planet that, absolutely, on the first experience, blow ones mind...KB is one of those places...please start more threads, I implore you......

Bike
    Dad's garage (That I'm allowed to touch)
    Unless you're running late for an appointment, chill out and wait for an over-take opportunity or you could pull over for 5 minutes and let them get some distance ahead.

It is important to check your mirrors regularly if they even have mirrors *eye-roll*

Bike
    It was on the good
    Fuck, what did I do?

OP, you clearly weren't slagging off Harley riders. As a relative newcomer to this place I was merely pointing out that if you make a distinction between any groups someone is going to take offence. And if you are going to start a thread don't get shitty when it gets hijacked, it is not your thread just because you are post #1. Been there, done that.

Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    We're not debating your view on issues, we're merely pointing out you're wrong most of the time.
    Anyone with a modicum of intelligence and more than an ounce of post licence training will form the same opinion. But not many chime in, for it's a well proven fact you just can't be reasoned with.
    And that is it in a nutshell. It is hard when you see some of the shit she writes but I gave up 'debating' some time ago. Occasionally out of sheer frustration I will start a response to cassina and then realise it is a complete and utter waste of time to do so. Broken record with blinkers and a closed mind.

What is sad (an overstatement if ever there was one, this is only the internet, but you get what I mean) is that I no longer want to provide an honest and measured opinion on training, overtaking or group riding simply in case that idiot picks up on it and uses it in one of her "I read somewhere" or "someone on here" posted. Genuinely surprised that she has not been kicked off KB but hey, I don't run the place.

Bike
    GSXR1000

Moderator's Note

155 fucking posts removed from this thread. If I didn't get one of yours don't feel bad, it just means you either didn't contribute shit-content or you didn't reply to shit content. If yours did get removed and you're upset cry me a river. KB ain't a democracy, you don't get a say in what we do.

Freedom of speech is important of course, but on this site it comes with conditions. If what you post constantly disrupts the forum I'll delete it. Don't agree? Boo hoo.
    Last edited by onearmedbandit; 15th April 2018 at 18:58.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    If what you post constantly disrupts the forum I'll delete it. Don't agree? Boo hoo.

Shit mate you are going to be busy!

But fair call. I thought the OP was a reasonable situation to question the wider community. Apparently not!

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Shit mate you are going to be busy!

But fair call. I thought the OP was a reasonable situation to question the wider community. Apparently not!
    Indeed I am, but you know there's some really good threads on here, some great contributions, some good humour. But shit all gets lost when certain conditions exist so instead of watching nothing happen when these posts occur I'm of the mind to just delete the fuck out of them. I'm not on here much but will be keeping a bit more of an eye on these 'certain conditions'.

Bike
    A
    Indeed I am, but you know there's some really good threads on here, some great contributions, some good humour. But shit all gets lost when certain conditions exist so instead of watching nothing happen when these posts occur I'm of the mind to just delete the fuck out of them. I'm not on here much but will be keeping a bit more of an eye on these 'certain conditions'.
    Give it heaps, someone has to keep the FWF in check

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Riding back from a day of doing the Taranaki Tunnels on the ol Airhead BMW, I was thinking about JAG and riding death traps.

As the three cars in front of me was doing 100 and offered a nice buffer was happy to cruise along the Waikato road.

I was deep in thought about why KTM riders feel the need to stand on the pegs at the mere sight of gravel , why none of the lumbering

990's passed me on any of the 150 odd KMS of gravel and why modern BMW's are so fucking ugly.

Suddenly I herd a terrible clattering noise and three Hells Angels separated by less than a Zig Zag paper roared past lane splitting into the

oncoming traffic disappearing into the distance.

I felt like a lone ME 110 having been descend upon by some Mustangs.

Could not help somehow admiring their Darwin Defying riding skills.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    155 fucking posts removed from this thread. If I didn't get one of yours don't feel bad, it just means you either didn't contribute shit-content or you didn't reply to shit content. If yours did get removed and you're upset cry me a river. KB ain't a democracy, you don't get a say in what we do.

Freedom of speech is important of course, but on this site it comes with conditions. If what you post constantly disrupts the forum I'll delete it. Don't agree? Boo hoo.
    you do an unenviable job. god knows, were i granted an banhammor, i would strike mightily.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    Riding back from a day of doing the Taranaki Tunnels on the ol Airhead BMW, I was thinking about JAG and riding death traps.

As the three cars in front of me was doing 100 and offered a nice buffer was happy to cruise along the Waikato road.

I was deep in thought about why KTM riders feel the need to stand on the pegs at the mere sight of gravel , why none of the lumbering

990's passed me on any of the 150 odd KMS of gravel and why modern BMW's are so fucking ugly.

Suddenly I herd a terrible clattering noise and three Hells Angels separated by less than a Zig Zag paper roared past lane splitting into the

oncoming traffic disappearing into the distance.

I felt like a lone ME 110 having been descend upon by some Mustangs.

Could not help somehow admiring their Darwin Defying riding skills.
    Was that a poem?
    Never did get poetry...
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Thread Information