Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: And so it begins...

Bike
    '08 Wee
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    I didn't mean all of them - but there is a portion of them that are poor mainly due to poor impulse control.
    Being poor long term can also leads to weak impulse control. Never being able to think about tomorrow financially means if you start stepping out of that space you continue to not think about tomorrow. That is fine until there is a hiccup and you are back to square one.

And it has generational effects. If your parents didn't have a savings account then in general you won't have one.

Fuckin about with the minimum wage can't help with the above but it isn't intended to.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by rambaldi View Post
    Being poor long term can also leads to weak impulse control. Never being able to think about tomorrow financially means if you start stepping out of that space you continue to not think about tomorrow. That is fine until there is a hiccup and you are back to square one.

And it has generational effects. If your parents didn't have a savings account then in general you won't have one.

Fuckin about with the minimum wage can't help with the above but it isn't intended to.
    That's an interesting line of logic - I'm not sure if the study controlled for that - might be interesting to see how much is nature and how much is nurture.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    I don't mind paying 10c more for a cup of coffee so the person making it can afford the 10c increase in a single liter of fuel our government is taxing.

I only buy one cup a day though so I don't think I'll be helping much.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    Savings tip for Monday:

Whilst I like a nice large ( but not a wanky bowl) cappuccino with cinnamon with a $5 carrot cake with little icing carrots at Fonterra in the

Viaduct, when at ET a $6 packet of plunger coffee lasts a couple of weeks.

Also Tuesdays at Subway the sub of the day is ham for only $4.50, although bringing Vegemite and cheese sammies is less.

Also in ET there is Why Knot where you can by close to expiry stuff like Kapiti cheese and ice cream.

Armed with that you should have your mortgage paid off weeks earlier than the 30 years.
    $30 a week will knock two years of a $900,000 mortgage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    What the fuck has some American study got to do with us mate? Try asking my partner about what happens here in NZ for the people from lower social economic places when given a lil bit of breathing room financially.
    Um, it's based on data from Dunedin?
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    might be interesting to see how much is nature and how much is nurture.
    ...and how much of it is money grubbing jew cunts fucking the docile poulace for a more or less unimpeeded economic takeover of the global jewgolds.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    serious question.
    were your parents carnies?

Bike
    R100GSPD
    its idealogical.
    Why should people who work a normal working week not be able to afford to have a reasonably comfortable existence,when ,by accident of birth someone else can earn millions of dollars.Its just not equitable.And one way or the other it will end.
    The most concerning part of this is when the "middle class" cant gain a foothold in "normal" society.The inequality cannot continue.
    I dont know what the mechanisnm will be but we have to find a way ,because with so many jobs being lost ,jobs being casualised etc its going to get worseIt will get to the point where an even smaller percentage of people own everything, and the vast majority of people wont have the money to buy the stuff these people need to sell.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    ...and how much of it is money grubbing jew cunts fucking the docile poulace for a more or less unimpeeded economic takeover of the global jewgolds.
    I wub you too Akzle.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    its idealogical.
    Why should people who work a normal working week not be able to afford to have a reasonably comfortable existence,when ,by accident of birth someone else can earn millions of dollars.Its just not equitable.And one way or the other it will end.
    I agree it's ideological, however let me first ask a question: How do you make everyone Equal? Well, the historical precedents on this are clear - People are only equal when they are dead.

Then, what do you define as reasonably comfortable and how do you define it? Consider that what we think as reasonable comfort today was the height of excess 30-40 years ago.

Then you have to consider the value of work done - Bill Gates pretty much single handedly changed our lives forever - is his work more or less valuable to the whole of humanity compared to the fast food worker?

And regardless of whether you like it, there is a reality that only a select few have the right combination of innate skills and abilities to be a Bill Gates.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    The most concerning part of this is when the "middle class" cant gain a foothold in "normal" society.The inequality cannot continue.
    I dont know what the mechanisnm will be but we have to find a way ,because with so many jobs being lost ,jobs being casualised etc its going to get worseIt will get to the point where an even smaller percentage of people own everything, and the vast majority of people wont have the money to buy the stuff these people need to sell.
    Definitely it is a concern - hence the thread.

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    From the article

"The government calculates the increase will add $129 million a year to the country's wage bill."

Not to mention more tax.
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    I rest my case!

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    What the fuck has some American study got to do with us mate? Try asking my partner about what happens here in NZ for the people from lower social economic places when given a lil bit of breathing room financially.
    A lot of them spend more on lotto, faggs and booze, same as here.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    I wub you too Akzle.
    woah woah woah. dinner and a movie first eh

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries

Then you have to consider the value of work done - Bill Gates pretty much single handedly changed our lives forever - is his work more or less valuable to the whole of humanity compared to the fast food worker?

And regardless of whether you like it, there is a reality that only a select few have the right combination of innate skills and abilities to be a Bill Gates.

Definitely it is a concern - hence the thread.
    bil gates is an fucking cunt and micrsosft is 100% shit.
    jews. is the reason that happened. the whys and wherefore's are lost on me. (doh! jewgold, that's why!)
    which also let morons use computers.

since i don't eat McShit and don't think they should exist it's a hard one to answer. but yes, i would rather check out the checkout chick than have a bill gates on the planet.

Thread Information