Thread: Back in the game

Bike
    2009 Honda CBR600RR

Back in the game

Hi all,

I'm back on a bike after about 3 years of not owning one. The trouble now is that I've moved to Palmerston North so I'd love to have a bit of advice thrown my way.

-Good places to ride.
    -Recommended workshops.
    -Popular dates/routes to potentially meet some fellow riders. I'm a bit of a loner by nature, but nothing really beats the feeling of a group ride.

I've been riding for a few years now and am fairly experienced, but have been through enough tumbles and tickets to know that I prefer a more relaxed ride these days. Plus I've just bought my dream bike and plan on keeping it at "dream bike" status.

All the best,
    FH

Bike
    Street Triple R + Yamaha R3
    There's loads of good places to ride around Palmerston North. Here's a few that come to mind (no doubt some of the locals will have some additional suggestions) :

*Paihiatua Track
    *Ashhurst to Mangaweka via Apiti or Kimbolton (there's a fantastic cafe in Mangaweka near the T junction)
    *Hunterville to Whanganui
    *Eketahuna to Dannevirk via Pongaroa
    *Palmerston North loop via Napier and Taihape
    * Palmerston North loop via Stratford, Taumarunui, and Whanganui (either SH4 or the Whanganui River road) - if you go by the river road then this is a full day of riding
    *Palmerston North loop via Waikanae, Brown Owl and the Rimutaka hill

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Thread Information