Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Paeroa street race 2019

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    Buckets have run with essentially the same rules(or lack of rules) since mid '80s. Would seem a viable class.
    Not arguing that fact....My point was that if you've always run a class at a particular meeting and it no longer attracts entries, then bringing in a class with more entries will help your meeting survive.

I'd like to see some figures from Wanganui for instance. Did dropping an existing class to make room for the Suzuki 150's result in an overall increase in entry numbers ?

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Not arguing that fact....My point was that if you've always run a class at a particular meeting and it no longer attracts entries, then bringing in a class with more entries will help your meeting survive.

I'd like to see some figures from Wanganui for instance. Did dropping an existing class to make room for the Suzuki 150's result in an overall increase in entry numbers ?
    Which class got dropped? There were over 20 gixxer 150s there.

I've seen only one of those for sale since the season ended, so I'm picking there will be at least that many again next season.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Which class got dropped? There were over 20 gixxer 150s there.

I've seen only one of those for sale since the season ended, so I'm picking there will be at least that many again next season.
    classics and there were 13gixxer cup riders, did you have the other seven locked away in your truck?
    there's loads of them for sale too

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    classics and there were 13gixxer cup riders, did you have the other seven locked away in your truck?
    there's loads of them for sale too
    There ya go then. Shows how much attention I pay.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Well, they've run regularly at Greymouth. Before the licences got too expensive, the bucket races were one of the highlights of the day. Thirty plus buckets running four and five abreast into corners and bouncing off kerbs and each other. Better than all-in wrestling to watch. LOL.
    If you're putting on entertainment which gets the spectators up to the barriers to watch, they're well worth doing.

Organisers have to decide which of a parade of expensive machinery or a no holds barred race on buckets is going to entertain more....
    The buckets and the motards are always the biggest class there.
    It needs to be remembered by a few that the GMSR was originally a classic motorbike race that also let other classes such as Bears and moderns race also.
    The classic are just one class now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Honda RS 125 1992
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    I think you need to pull you're collective heads out of your arses & respect there a lot more going on in motorcycle racing than buckets. Hence my oft used term "bucket bubble"
    I don't have a problem with motorcycles of any type or class, just the attitudes of those that operate them.
    If you dont have a problem with this class, why are you commenting and calling it Rubbish ??
    Im not in a bubble Ive been involved in all types of racing all my life
    Im promoting the class and trying to get more numbers of riders, trying to get a great opportunity for riders to race a road circuit.

What have you done recently to promote motorcycle racing ?

If you dont appropriate the Bucket class, jog on troll !!

Bike
    Exxon Valdez

Quote Originally Posted by Rick 52 View Post

If you dont appropriate the Bucket class, jog on troll !!
    Haha haha. Ya picked the wrong guy to try that line on.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    with i think only one class having double digit numbers on the track this year it'll be tough to make the meeting even work next year.
    Might me time to get the Karts back then!
    I raced Paeroa in my Meth 125 gearbox, Two years running I think?? before we got canned. Crowds always like the Karts too.
    Did Paeroa, Cemetary, Napier street race, Masterton street race and a few others I cant remember lol
    Looked at sidecars (with the missus swinging) because of the above experience but not enough in Aucks so went Pre 89.
    Was looking forward next year to have a go on the bike but maybe it might be struggling

Karts are a good option! Superkarts, 250 national and 125 gearbox etc put on a good show if they are struggling for crowd entertainment.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick 52 View Post

!!
    the list of what he hasn't done would be shorter.

Bike
    What day of the week?

Thumbs up

We've all heard what Bob has done for boys. In motorcycling I mean, not the other stuff. But I know frist hand that Rick has also for years and is also an all round top bloke! But you didn't hear that from me.
    He's only judging interest from prospective racers, I've been down south and raced a few meets on a bucket at the big tracks and grumph is spot on, the fields are big and bring a lot more entry money o the clubs and events. It's worth considering up north in my view.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    Might me time to get the Karts back then!
    I raced Paeroa in my Meth 125 gearbox, Two years running I think?? before we got canned. Crowds always like the Karts too.
    Did Paeroa, Cemetary, Napier street race, Masterton street race and a few others I cant remember lol
    Looked at sidecars (with the missus swinging) because of the above experience but not enough in Aucks so went Pre 89.
    Was looking forward next year to have a go on the bike but maybe it might be struggling

Karts are a good option! Superkarts, 250 national and 125 gearbox etc put on a good show if they are struggling for crowd entertainment.
    Don't know what the situation is like oop North - but kart officialdom down here won't look at street circuits AFAIK other than the occasional demo run.
    They're seriously reluctant to even use the big circuits.

Bike
    NSR80, NSR/F100, YZ250, GSX1100

racing...

You first need to ask yourselves if the public would be interested in seeing such rubbish, let alone paying for the privelidge.
    you need to get stuffed, what a moron. probably a video game player by all accounts... best racing in the 5 known dimensions...

Bike
    I think you need to pull you're collective heads out of your arses & respect there a lot more going on in motorcycle racing than buckets. Hence my oft used term "bucket bubble"
    I don't have a problem with motorcycles of any type or class, just the attitudes of those that operate them.
    The attitudes of those in Buckets is beyond awesome (orsome even perhaps), great feeder class for those that don't feel that 'buckets' is beneath them, and cheap for those that do not wish to go into the big classes where $300 of tyres per meeting is a minimum! I have never met a Bucket race meeting 'operator' that has anything but laid their personal time on the line to help others have fun and learn the skills.

You are just a feeble Troll Mr sidecar bob. Worthless and futile, grumpy and derogatory. You would have been great in the trenches (on the enemy side).

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...hmmmm...another of these threads...boring from both ends...

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...hmmmm...another of these threads...boring from both ends...
    Wouldn't be boring if people answered the question by the OP rather than Trolling like FWits. Just guys trying to help and see if anyone's keen.

It's like saying 'cheap pizza if anyone's keen' if you don't like pizza you say no thanks, if you do and the time and place suits you say yes please.

Thread Information