Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: RC30 What does this mean?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    5th January 2007 - 14:58
    Bike
    motocompo
    Location
    Buttfuck nowhere
    Posts
    4,051

    RC30 What does this mean?

    I've been stripping a RC30 today to recommission as a post classic race bike.
    It has these markings on the head. It's probably an engine builders mark.
    Does anybody know the origins or significance?
    Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	782.0 KB 
ID:	336232  

  2. #2
    Join Date
    19th October 2005 - 20:32
    Bike
    00 ZX-12R, 80 XS750SE
    Location
    In the distance
    Posts
    4,298
    Hallam Boyz is the aussie performance outfit Hallum Engineering Victoria

  3. #3
    Join Date
    5th January 2007 - 14:58
    Bike
    motocompo
    Location
    Buttfuck nowhere
    Posts
    4,051
    Quote Originally Posted by T.W.R View Post
    Hallam Boyz is the aussie performance outfit Hallum Engineering Victoria
    What about the Japanese looking stuff? It's on other parts too, but without the Hallam bit. Would anyone know where I could source a manual for one of these? Or just torque settings & clearances.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    19th October 2005 - 20:32
    Bike
    00 ZX-12R, 80 XS750SE
    Location
    In the distance
    Posts
    4,298
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    What about the Japanese looking stuff? It's on other parts too, but without the Hallam bit.
    probably a tech thats been inside the engine before...like a watch maker that initials the inside of watch casings

    PM brian d marge He'll know exactly how to decipher the hieroglyphics

  5. #5
    Join Date
    20th January 2010 - 14:41
    Bike
    husaberg
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    8,681
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    What about the Japanese looking stuff? It's on other parts too, but without the Hallam bit. Would anyone know where I could source a manual for one of these? Or just torque settings & clearances.
    As far as I remember the urban myth was the RC30 were assembled by one person. it could be his logo or it could just be work that was doe on it I assume its a JAP import or is it from Aussie
    I can ask for someone to try and translate it for you.

    The fastest RC30 were the last raced in AUusie by the Winfeild team of Corser and Gobert they eventually had Factory engines shipped out for the last few races and they were faster than the Ducatis
    as well as later development forks and Frame bracing

    here is the manual plus the hrc parts kit manuals and kit books anyway had a few of the settings

    http://www.rc30.info/manuals/rc30specs.pdf
    https://www.tygaeurope.com/index.php...750r-rc30.html
    http://www.rc30.info/HRC_KIT_MANUALS.html

    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I have a recurring dream where a gay guy is fucking....
    Is that weird or what?


    Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

  6. #6
    Join Date
    5th January 2007 - 14:58
    Bike
    motocompo
    Location
    Buttfuck nowhere
    Posts
    4,051
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    As far as I remember the urban myth was the RC30 were assembled by one person. it could be his logo or it could just be work that was doe on it I assume its a JAP import or is it from Aussie
    I can ask for someone to try and translate it for you.

    here is the manual plus the hrc parts kit manuals and kit books anyway had a few of the settings

    http://www.rc30.info/manuals/rc30specs.pdf
    https://www.tygaeurope.com/index.php...750r-rc30.html
    http://www.rc30.info/HRC_KIT_MANUALS.html

    I knew it would be you that found it, to the point that I nearly pm'd you instead of posting up a thread.
    Legend! Thank you.
    The history of the bike is very murky & looks like it was slipped together a decade or so ago as an exhibit.
    Apparently Brian d merge is the man. I've pm'd re translation thanks.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    20th January 2010 - 14:41
    Bike
    husaberg
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    8,681
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Apparently Brian d merge is the man. I've pm'd re translation thanks.
    Haha so have I LOL
    I will see if I can find out who crewed the windfeild team.
    here you go the whole story plus all the names you need.
    Not in the story but Corser privately said the factory engine used was actually considerably faster.
    save the file in your computer as they tend to be taken offline
    http://www.roskildering.net/TroyCorser.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I have a recurring dream where a gay guy is fucking....
    Is that weird or what?


    Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

  8. #8
    Join Date
    19th October 2005 - 20:32
    Bike
    00 ZX-12R, 80 XS750SE
    Location
    In the distance
    Posts
    4,298
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Apparently Brian d merge is the man. I've pm'd re translation thanks.
    See how you go translating Kanji or Hiragana mmm

  9. #9
    Join Date
    13th June 2010 - 17:47
    Bike
    Exercycle
    Location
    Out in the cold
    Posts
    4,309
    What I think was one of the Winfield bikes is in NZ and gets used regularly. I know the owner slightly Terry Reid.
    Denis Charlett has ridden it a few times and will have the owner's contact details. He's worth talking to as he's able to source some of the stuff you need to rebuild it.
    I've been through one a while back. Look hard at the crank, radius the oil holes and get it linished. Usual going to thinnest shells works well...
    You can't change the cam timing - which is 105/105 lobe centers anyway - usual Honda...
    Check the bores for parallel...tapered is quite common.
    New rod bolts essential, lubed as Ti galls easily.

    Set up properly and with an export black box, loud tailpipe and some light port work, 118 - 120hp at the wheel is pretty easy. If you find hot cams, you need higher com pistons to match.
    Reason is a tool - remember where you left it..... The late, great, John Clarke

  10. #10
    Join Date
    20th January 2010 - 14:41
    Bike
    husaberg
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    8,681
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    What I think was one of the Winfield bikes is in NZ and gets used regularly. I know the owner slightly Terry Reid.
    Denis Charlett has ridden it a few times and will have the owner's contact details. He's worth talking to as he's able to source some of the stuff you need to rebuild it.
    I've been through one a while back. Look hard at the crank, radius the oil holes and get it linished. Usual going to thinnest shells works well...
    You can't change the cam timing - which is 105/105 lobe centers anyway - usual Honda...
    Check the bores for parallel...tapered is quite common.
    New rod bolts essential, lubed as Ti galls easily.

    Set up properly and with an export black box, loud tailpipe and some light port work, 118 - 120hp at the wheel is pretty easy. If you find hot cams, you need higher com pistons to match.
    Rods shouldn't be resized either I found that one today something to do with the coatings.
    Another person to tlk to would be croz
    He used to test the Moriwoki zero or what ever the Jap spec F1 version was called he would be able to put you in touch with the "Builder san" those jap spec bikes were not run under superbike rules so they had a raft of spec changes

    here is one
    VFR750R Zero-VX7 RC30
    https://www.facebook.com/GT.Performa...type=3&theater
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I have a recurring dream where a gay guy is fucking....
    Is that weird or what?


    Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

  11. #11
    Join Date
    9th January 2005 - 22:12
    Bike
    Street Triple R
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    6,993
    I'm just sitting here with a horn on thinking about vintage RC30 porn.

    some people watch Twilight and 50 shades of gray so I am quitenormal really
    6 grand for 2 grands worth of fun. - F5 Dave

  12. #12
    Join Date
    13th June 2010 - 17:47
    Bike
    Exercycle
    Location
    Out in the cold
    Posts
    4,309
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    I'm just sitting here with a horn on thinking about vintage RC30 porn.

    some people watch Twilight and 50 shades of gray so I am quitenormal really
    If you'd ever had to assemble one you'd never be like that....Ever.

    As it does nowadays, memory eventually kicked in, the biggest problems will be the ignition box - and the carbs.
    talking to Terry, there are several ignition boxes all with different curves. What you've got makes a hell of a difference to these engines.
    Which leads to carburation...Even with the stock export ignition, changing the tailpipe led to playing with whatever needles we could find.
    Stock, there are home market and export version needles. I believe there are 2 or 3 needle variations in the racekit. We finished up using kit needles sourced from a guy in Dunedin who owned an RC30 at the time which was an ex race bike and came with spares.
    Given that you're building it to a cutoff date - and not necessarily the WSB regs of the time, I'd use a set of FCR's and shortcut the whole setup problem.
    Alternative jets and needles would certainly be easier to source...
    Reason is a tool - remember where you left it..... The late, great, John Clarke

  13. #13
    Join Date
    5th January 2007 - 14:58
    Bike
    motocompo
    Location
    Buttfuck nowhere
    Posts
    4,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    If you'd ever had to assemble one you'd never be like that....Ever.

    As it does nowadays, memory eventually kicked in, the biggest problems will be the ignition box - and the carbs.
    talking to Terry, there are several ignition boxes all with different curves. What you've got makes a hell of a difference to these engines.
    Which leads to carburation...Even with the stock export ignition, changing the tailpipe led to playing with whatever needles we could find.
    Stock, there are home market and export version needles. I believe there are 2 or 3 needle variations in the racekit. We finished up using kit needles sourced from a guy in Dunedin who owned an RC30 at the time which was an ex race bike and came with spares.
    Given that you're building it to a cutoff date - and not necessarily the WSB regs of the time, I'd use a set of FCR's and shortcut the whole setup problem.
    Alternative jets and needles would certainly be easier to source...
    I worry about these things & you do understand that if you hadn't already made your position very clear, that this engine would be halfway to you by now.
    This bike has been a warhorse for some years, so I'm hoping a lot of this stuff is somewhere in the window as a starting point anyway.
    I'll get it reassembled into a fashion where it can be ridden without hurting someone & then the testing shall begin.
    This thread has already thrown up far more questions than answers, which isint a bad thing.
    Thanks for the input so far, I have plenty more to act on now.
    Edit. I like these fcr's & understand them, which is important when you are the guy that has to make changes trackside.
    http://force-v4.co.uk/tuning/rc30-tu...rc30-carbs.php

  14. #14
    Join Date
    9th January 2005 - 22:12
    Bike
    Street Triple R
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    6,993
    I've got (or had - it might be in a box somewhere) an NC30 airbox where someone has done similar mods..... as far as I can tell my motor was stock so not sure what use it would be to anyone. Looks cool as shit though!
    6 grand for 2 grands worth of fun. - F5 Dave

  15. #15
    Join Date
    20th January 2010 - 14:41
    Bike
    husaberg
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    8,681
    RC30 vs VFR differences
    http://rc30.yolasite.com/engine.php
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I have a recurring dream where a gay guy is fucking....
    Is that weird or what?


    Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •