Thread: The folly of an L plater...

Bike
    A

The folly of an L plater...

Now I don't get overly surprised when I see dumb stuff being done, but here's one I'll share with you all.

Sunday morning around 0830, city bound (in the car) on the Southern Motorway in persistent rain. Around Manukau spotted an L plated bike moving along a little under the limit in the left lane. No big deal, but coming up to my off ramp at Mt Wellington there were a few vehicles moving a bit slower so slotted in behind. No stress, doing my mirror and head check before moving onto the offramp this same L plater is now undertaking me on the shoulder!! Can you imagine how this numpty would have been RBA'd by someone who doesn't mirror and/or head check prior to moving onto the ramp? Anyway, just eased off the throttle a touch and this temporary biker doesn't even take the ramp, instead he slots in front of me in the left lane and continues towards the city. All this while lane 2 and 3 are almost empty, so no valid reason to undertake, let alone in an illegal fashion

Yeah, so lucky for this L plater my situational awareness is sound, just can't help but feel he'll get bowled before long

Anyway, rant over

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Stop baiting the Cassina group!
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    Stop baiting the Cassina group!
    Oh I'm not baiting any group here, feel free to draw your own conclusions.

By painting a picture of an actual event it may be enough to prevent someone from repeating this same error, just a shame I can't draw on the Drivecam footage from in the trucks (privacy issues apparently) as that would show some very interesting behaviour by (some) motorcyclists around trucks.

Bike
    xt660r
    almost sounds like somebody who has gotten used to riding a scooter in city traffic, and whizzing up the cycle-lane / shoulder like they all seem to do.

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    I usually close the gap for them

Thread Information