Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Well that's a new one...

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    See Greg's got me thinking. Maybe driver training and the actual test should be done juggling a coffee and a conversation with your bestie about Shazzas boyfriend, or for the blokes with a steaming hot steak and cheese with can of coke. Like real world training.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    See Greg's got me thinking. Maybe driver training and the actual test should be done juggling a coffee and a conversation with your bestie about Shazzas boyfriend, or for the blokes with a steaming hot steak and cheese with can of coke. Like real world training.
    Good to know someone reads me...I'd reckon that the licence test will become a two stage one fairly soon. First stage in a simulator - pass that and you get out on the road for stage two. Serious pilot training is so expensive now it's simulator based, it's only a matter of time for drivers licences too.
    Wouldn't like the job of cleaning the simulator though Dave, given spilt coffee and pie.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Good to know someone reads me...I'd reckon that the licence test will become a two stage one fairly soon. First stage in a simulator - pass that and you get out on the road for stage two. Serious pilot training is so expensive now it's simulator based, it's only a matter of time for drivers licences too.
    Wouldn't like the job of cleaning the simulator though Dave, given spilt coffee and pie.
    Yeah, I've been an advocate of simulators since the Sega Rally game was in arcades. They would also make re-testing at licence renewal time feasible.
    Not sure how a bike simulator would work. I'm happy to be a tester.

After seeing some unbelievable driving lately, on my morning commute, I think drug testing should be part of the test. No cognisant person would do some of the things I've seen.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    I was thinking along the lines of a giant gladwrap dispenser. Either that or send in a couple of Kunekune pigs.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    On a more serious note a simulator that you can practice heavy braking and avoidance would be good. And some heavy solenoids to simular how violent an accident can be.

I was on a bus yesterday going up north and some poor woman apparently lost control (I was in seat facing the other way) and bounced off our front.
    I met her shortly after and she was not having a good day.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    On a more serious note a simulator that you can practice heavy braking and avoidance would be good. And some heavy solenoids to simular how violent an accident can be.
    Exacary. They can replicate poor light, rain, even getting a puncture. Chuck in a few real world scenarios to avoid, head on traffic would be a goody, and it would make the testing a lot more thorough.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Actually if they were good enough go pay $20 per 1/2 hr , as many times as you want to, but then have to sit a 5min test annually just after the last session.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Actually if they were good enough go pay $20 per 1/2 hr , as many times as you want to, but then have to sit a 5min test annually just after the last session.
    Gamer drives for real.

It's interestin territory.

Won't do much for driving instructor business, though.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Like I give a shit about that.
    That said one could imagine driver training would continue with interactive (human) instructions.
    " Turn into the slide Mrs Coldsbottom. "

Thread Information