Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Honda CB750 SOHC

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post

I'd also like some dog leg levers - the straight ones arent span adjustable and I have small gynaecologists hands....
    http://www.emgo.com/images/pdf/2017CONTROLS.pdf

Span adjustable might be a tough ask unless you change thev complete mc and complete clutch perch
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    http://www.emgo.com/images/pdf/2017CONTROLS.pdf

Span adjustable might be a tough ask unless you change thev complete mc and complete clutch perch
    Whatever happened to, tonight we're going too party like its 1969?
    I've worked for racers that wanted me to turn a GSX1100 into a S1000rr over a weekend.
    Just love it for what it is.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Whatever happened to, tonight we're going too party like its 1969?
    I've worked for racers that wanted me to turn a GSX1100 into a S1000rr over a weekend.
    Just love it for what it is.
    He has small hands evidently........
    I guess you will stop using all those modern floating brake discs and pads on your posty in protest?
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    motocompo
    He has small hands evidently........
    I guess you will stop using all those modern floating brake disc in protest?
    I'd love to, but rules is rules.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Good point. That thought hadn’t occurred to me, but HDC is wanting a twenty first century nicety for a twentieth century bike.

On checking the CRG web page they say they do levers for most modern sports bikes. I guess the job is possible but it might not be a simple fix.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Street Triple R
    When I were a lad, the hot fix was "dog leg" levers - thats actually what I want. Span adjustable would be no good on this bike because you need to grab the thing with a hearty four finger grip and squeeze like a 13 year old who's just discovered masturbation.

Apart from EMGO, this crowd seems to do what I want: http://www.flandersco.com/Products.html Plus, their website is from about the mid 70's.

the levers arent a priority just a "nice to have" - the priority is investigating the front end.

Now all i need is a bit more co-operation from the weather gods.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    When I were a lad, the hot fix was "dog leg" levers - thats actually what I want.

Ah I remember them I ran a set on by CB200.

Try Oldbikebarn.com

Or these guys who specialize in the smaller Hondas https://www.common-motor.com

Denniskirk.com used to have stuff like that when I had older Jap bikes - shipping will probably suck from them though.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    went for a pootle today and I was like "Not loving that thud from the front..... must have lost a wheel weight". Yeah, not so much. The front rim is quite a long way out of true. If it needs a rebuild I will get someone to do it. I also decided to have a wee look at the forks. Big mistake.

Having said that the chrome sealing surface isnt too bad and they werent leaking. I think I will just clean them, put some paint on the really rusty bits and move on.

Hardest part was getting the top circlip out because it had sort of rusted into place. Icky
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190101_150914.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	836.2 KB 
ID:	340120   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190101_200453.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	832.1 KB 
ID:	340121   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190101_200502.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	720.0 KB 
ID:	340122   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190101_180321.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	786.3 KB 
ID:	340123  

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Emulators. No one will see them.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    went for a pootle today and I was like "Not loving that thud from the front..... must have lost a wheel weight". Yeah, not so much. The front rim is quite a long way out of true. If it needs a rebuild I will get someone to do it. I also decided to have a wee look at the forks. Big mistake.

Having said that the chrome sealing surface isnt too bad and they werent leaking. I think I will just clean them, put some paint on the really rusty bits and move on.

Hardest part was getting the top circlip out because it had sort of rusted into place. Icky
    how did you end up with our stainless bowl?

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Get a price from Franks Forks (Forking by Frank) in the USA. He's been producing standard, undersize and oversize fork tubes since the 60's

Bike
    2008 ducati 848
    wonder what happened to my CB750 with the twin Dellorto side draught carbs, couldn't have been many like that around. Went well with the acellerator pumps and myriad of jetting.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tanken2 View Post
    wonder what happened to my CB750 with the twin Dellorto side draught carbs, couldn't have been many like that around. Went well with the acellerator pumps and myriad of jetting.
    They were used as a custom set up back in the 70's CB750 chopper days for show bikes - something a bit different to get a judges eye.

Bike
    husaberg

Henry just a thought
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MG cali.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	129.6 KB 
ID:	340167
    I just brought some forks of a MG California these are 45mm and have adjustable damping comp and rebound
    They are likely way to big for what i want and likely far to long and the spacing to wide
    But they are perfect for what you have.
    i mentioned earlier the 320mm brembo discs fit on your honda hub.I have one of the Brembos goldlines same as 748/916 etc, Pretty sure Kickaha has the other side. but these are pretty generic anyway 65mm mounts
    The guy i brought them from said the tubes are pitted but the damage appears to be at the top which would be covered by the headlight.
    I cant comment as i havent seen them yet.
    The new tubes for these are $200USD each
    edit loking at the chart even though honda have poxy small od front bearings and a small axel. 20mm axel on guzzi still only needs a bearing change 6002 to work with honda hub.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Easy stuff shouldnt be hard. I went to drop the oil out of it yesterday (doing it arse backwards as usual) - in fairness the oil didnt look too bad but I had bought a filter so I thought why not. No crush washers under either the oil tank drain or the sump plug drain... not even a flat copper washer. Oh, and the sump drain should be M12 x 1.5 x 12 long. Its some random UNF bolt cut to size. I suspect a PO has stripped it and just wound a bigger diameter bolt in there rather than helicoiling it. If it seals up with a copper washer I will leave it. If it doesnt I will do it properly.

Oh, and that front wheel? Radial and axial runout are OK (not quite within spec but not far). The fucking tyre has the runout. Either it isnt up in the bead lock or, errrrrr, something.

Gonna buy some bits on ebay (clocks and so forth) see if I can find a trustworthy American.

Thread Information