Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Honda CB750 SOHC

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    Its two pack too. tough as nails. Literally the best repair that the EQC muppets did on our house. Glad I paid extra for the reo bar and mesh when we built it cos it only cracked a bit in the eqs... grouted and sanded and repainted....
    yeah, I have done some of the floors at work with it but it aint cheap and for me to do my shed I would have to find some where to put everything for a couple of days,

lasts well if looked after and kept clean but seems to degrade quickly if left dirty

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Andy View Post
    Apart from the 4-wheeler taking up more than it's fair share of space...
    What I do like is that stool in the background, I must get one of those for the good of my knees. I have a beer crate that works quite well and is adjustable height (sideways/longways) but doesn't have casters. I want the casters
    I just use an office chair in the shed, works well cause I can adjust the height and also lean back and enjoy a beer while contemplating the next step

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I cut an old wooden stool down to real short and added M10 rollers like.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    Quote Originally Posted by russd7 View Post
    I was just scrolling down and looked at the photo and first thing I noticed was the nicely painted floor, I too have garage envy
    Paint, nah, carpet is where it's at! Nice bench set up. I Like that.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by malcy25 View Post
    The frame is I think an old kitchen unit or repurposed kitchen unit, and the top is a kitchen bench second (it had a gark in it) which was 3.6m long and less than a hundy. I had a shitty old MDF top on it but it absorbed anything spilled on it and was fucked. Its great and easy to keep clean. That and good lighting made a massive difference.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by malcy25 View Post
    If you're a swarf producer, carpet is a non starter. It's also a non starter when you have a lot of things on castors.
    I've got several ex office computer desk type things on castors - with solid tops on.
    Great for doing an engine as you can spin them around - and park it in a corner while waiting for parts.

Bike
    ……... That and good lighting made a massive difference.
    I installed a couple of 6000lm daylight LEDs in above where I tinker with the bikes, ohhh what a difference, will put more in over time.
    carpet no good for me, I create dust making things from time to time and kids wouldn't be able to scoot round the shed on the old office chairs

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    I like the painted floor, and have access to a reasonable quantity of 2 pack paint, but that would mean clearing everything out of the garage to clean and paint.....

A bit of carpet in front of the work bench is nicer than standing on concrete, if there's anything too messy to do it happens at the other end of the garage, mine is lovely pinkish coloured rubber backed commercial carpet tiles. Works well, when I spill something on them I just pick up the dead one and replace it.
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    Honda VF750f.

Garage envy.

Don't have a garage anymore, think yourself lucky ya bastard. Bike probably over revving because of your limp wrist basketcase. 😇
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Cheers.

The CycleX (or there is an ebay seller out of Vietnam) seem to be the go. The interesting thing about those gauges is that the guages, forks (stanchions and lowers) brake arms and calipers and front guards are where the subtle differences are. There's a reason he says "1973 and up"... before that the gauge mount plate has a pointy thing up the middle and sits higher. The gauges mount with a metal strap about 2/3rds of the way up the body of the gauge. Its specific to K1 and K2. K0 and CB750 had a similar setup (I think) but they had the idiot lights inside the gauges themselves. Mine has the little four idiot lights between the handlebar clamps which they continued till they put the ignition key up there as well - not sure exactly when but my F1 had it and I think maybe K6?

Actually, an anorak like you will love this shit too. If you look up my engine number and frame number on the sites that tell you what model you have (and thus what parts will fit) my bike is registered as a 1974 CB750K4. The motor corresponds to that but my frame number corresponds to "early" K2 - so I have K1/early K2 gauges, stanchions, fork ears, fork lowers and front guard. According to other owners and one of the forums I'm on, this was standard for Her Majesties southern colonies..... which seems right as my engine is the stock engine in the bike as far as I can tell.

That became important when I paid $500 for a mint condition K2 front guard for my bike in a bidding war frenzy on tardme. You got it, it don't fit my forks.

Basically everything pretty much from late K2 through K6/K7 is the same but the differences are in the early models as they standardised.

We wont even get into the "sandcast" K0 differences but there are a lot of subtle and not so subtle differences.......

Bike
    Exercycle
    The evolution of changes in long term production isn't just a Honda thing - but it's more noticeable there as the CB750 went on longer than most.
    At least they were prepared to invest in new tooling and small redesigns during the production run. The Brits couldn't afford that so the later parts are from the parent factory, the less likely they are to fit properly. The tooling was worn out.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...455567444f-001

well, every time I see one of these on tardme I feel better about my one.

Bike
    motocompo
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...455567444f-001

well, every time I see one of these on tardme I feel better about my one.
    Oh shit. Based in that, I've just offered my k2 to a gentleman at a bargain price now I have the F1.
    Ahh well, no regerts.

Thread Information