Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The war on Chicken

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries

The war on Chicken

So I've recently seen some TV. There was a thing on the news about how chicken should have warning labels on it because women are too stupid to cook properly or something.
    Then there's this ad where she gets a thigh and drumstick and wipes the bench with it, the inference being that chicken meat is...cancer or something?

Obvs tegel are the devil, and colonel sanders has a lot to answer for, but what is up with this anti-chicken movement lately?
    Chickens are good people.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    I've got a suspicion as to where the activism starts - Starts with V....

In relation - this is gold:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/new...n-protest.html
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Probably sponsored by meat and lamb or some shit.

Chicken good - just cook that bird properly.

It's a movement to cover the stupid or uneducated (uneducated by their stupid parents ...)

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post

Chickens carcasses and meat, as well as the living bird itself are harder to keep bacteria free. This is a fact.
    Due to their size and speed of processing they are harder to eviscerate, ie keep the entrails away from the meat.
    This is why the chicken carcasses are dumped in Chlorinated water here. as well in other countries (but not in the EU.)
    None of this is required for Sheep, Cattle or Goats. Make your own mind up, what that means with regards to chicken, but they are still tasty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    All our "export quality" beef and lamb gets... exported. And yet domestic retail pays a premium for second cuts. (vote akzle)
    We also have chicken farms in the country...
    There's a conspiracy, I'm just not sure what it is yet.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Tasty, yes, but the bastards can be vicious even past death. The wife frequently buys supermarket cooked chicken - and yes, I've warned her of the risks.

Both of us are currently recovering from her last error of judgement. But she'll do it again....

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post

their website is dumb, but the title is good.

it's not really "activism" being that it's pushed by the MSM. but i agree. vegans are stuppid.

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    I've cooked a LOT of chickens, never once got sick from my own cooking.

Roast chicken & roast spuds - get in my belly!
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    "If the cops didn't see it, I didn't do it!"
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    It seems that soon there will be warning labels on everything detailing the myriad ways you can possibly do yourself a mischief in the use or consumption of.

The worry part is that the end result could be, due to a complete lack of having to think for themselves, people who have devolved to a level of stupidity that they might accidentally mistake the warnings for instructions.

As I haven't yet died due to my inability to appropriately operate a cooking appliance, I will continue to enjoy delicious poultry based meals for as long as the cotton wool brigade let me.
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by neels View Post
    It seems that soon there will be warning labels on everything detailing the myriad ways you can possibly do yourself a mischief in the use or consumption of.

The worry part is that the end result could be, due to a complete lack of having to think for themselves, people who have devolved to a level of stupidity that they might accidentally mistake the warnings for instructions.

As I haven't yet died due to my inability to appropriately operate a cooking appliance, I will continue to enjoy delicious poultry based meals for as long as the cotton wool brigade let me.
    “It seemed to me,' said Wonko the Sane, 'that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilization in which I could live and stay sane.” ― Douglas Adams, So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    “It seemed to me,' said Wonko the Sane, 'that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilization in which I could live and stay sane.” ― Douglas Adams, So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.
    Aww, bless him. Douglas Adams.

This chicken thing has got me shaking my head. I teach food safety...

The medium rare beef burger scandal is equally worrying. Admittedly MPI have come up with a solution. Wash your mince in peroxide.. Delicious.

Food manufacturing regulations are pretty stringent but it seems like too much shit is still getting on to supermarket shelves. They can't be that effective.

The legally required food control plan dictates that any food outlet supplying cooked chicken (or non blonde burgers) must record the internal temperature of any fowl sold or be able to prove that the recipe used meets their criteria.

I am yet to understand how bacteria can get into the centre of a chicken breast, or leg, but is unable to mine it's way into a fillet steak.

A mr steak is about 55c in the middle, MPI stipulate an internal temp of 75c for chicken. That's cardboard. 69/70c is moist and succulent.

We like moist and succulent.

Wash your hands, clean up thoroughly, eat it fresh. Dee-lish-us.

It's a bit sad that TV is riddled with reality cooking programs (mainly shite) but the ability of the proles to cook is actually getting worse.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    raptor 1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Tasty, yes, but the bastards can be vicious even past death. The wife frequently buys supermarket cooked chicken - and yes, I've warned her of the risks.

Both of us are currently recovering from her last error of judgement. But she'll do it again....
    i got campylobacter from one of those cooked chickens, never again, lost 5kg in 3 days mostly out my arse

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by JimO View Post
    i got campylobacter from one of those cooked chickens, never again, lost 5kg in 3 days mostly out my arse
    Now I know why my wife buys them for me...
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Ahem....

The FCP states that food should be kept hot at or above 65c for a maximum of 2 hours.

How long has the nasty chicken been sat their brooding only mildly hot? Scary thought.

Often see them in the chill cabinet next day on special. Yeah, na. I know quite a few of the staff at my local supermarket. Amazing how much time they take off sick with the shits.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    that shit"ll kill ya, only poultry to go on my outdoor cooker while i'm in charge is the fetuses of unborn chicken.

tho i do have to admit that Granstar has a way of cookin em in such a way that one just can't help but consume as much as possible

Thread Information