Thread: 2000 Bandit 250V flooding 1,4 cylinders.

Bike
    2000, Suzuki GSF 250V

2000 Bandit 250V flooding 1,4 cylinders.

Heya,

I have a bandit 250 that has been sitting for a bit now and had to get a new bike to replace. Basically it started running badly till it was just running on two cylinders, guzzling much more fuel, and i could smell plenty of unburnt fuel in the exhaust. I initially thought maybe coils but the plugs were very wet and fouled for 1 and 4 replacing the spark plugs got it going again and got me home but the issue returned. Anyone had one of these and had this happens?
    A guy from the Barrys Point Road Suzuki dealer recons they do this often, various other cosmetic and noncosmetic issues with bike but other than this it was running bloody well all year round.

Any tips or recommendations for the best people to take it to, ideally on or close to north shore cos who knows how far it will ride before it karks it again.

Cheers

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by harleydaun View Post
    Heya,

I have a bandit 250 that has been sitting for a bit now and had to get a new bike to replace. Basically it started running badly till it was just running on two cylinders, guzzling much more fuel, and i could smell plenty of unburnt fuel in the exhaust. I initially thought maybe coils but the plugs were very wet and fouled for 1 and 4 replacing the spark plugs got it going again and got me home but the issue returned. Anyone had one of these and had this happens?
    A guy from the Barrys Point Road Suzuki dealer recons they do this often, various other cosmetic and noncosmetic issues with bike but other than this it was running bloody well all year round.

Any tips or recommendations for the best people to take it to, ideally on or close to north shore cos who knows how far it will ride before it karks it again.

Cheers
    Change the plugs on 1 and 4 to 2 and 3 cylinder. If the problem move with the plugs ... it is most likely the plugs are the issue.

If the issue remains in the same cylinders ... then it could be the coils. Replacing coils is not that hard a job.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Thread Information