Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Speed camera flashed at 182kph

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakie View Post
    I don't want to come of as being all pious but those 'roads' where its a doddle to do 180kph are called 'racetracks'. Things happen too fast at those speeds on public roads. My lesson was hitting a lovely sweeper on an empty highway at about 140kph many years ago. Feeling great ... and then a black cat ran across the road in front of me halfway through the sweeper. Cranked over I couldn't really do bugger all to change my line safely so held the line and closed my eyes. I credit the cat with missing me. I had no chance of missing the cat. Could have been anything ... a sheep, cow, car, tractor etc. Fortunately for me it was an agile cat (unless I cut him in half and didn't feel it). I slowed down after that. I'm old and boring but I'm still alive.
    And it could have happened at 90.

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    I'm old and boring
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    He said he's old don't presume he's 90

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 216r1 View Post
    ...I need my liceanse for work
    Perhaps you should have considered that at 139 km/hr ...

I'm looking at pleading guilty and more than likely trying diversion...
    Sorry to burst you bubble ... but ...

http://www.police.govt.nz/sites/defa...-factsheet.pdf

What are the offences for which diversion is
    generally not considered?

• offending that is likely to carry a significant sentence

• traffic offences that carry a mandatory minimum
    disqualification

• burglary (in most circumstances) or dishonesty
    offences where there has been a breach of trust
    • violence offences (in most circumstances)
    • family violence offences (in most circumstances)
    • sexual offences or offences with sexual overtones
    • serious drug offences
    • offences for breaching a Court order (e.g. protection
    orders, restraining orders, name suppression)
    • offences specified in the district as ‘a high prevalence
    offence for which diversion is excluded for a specified
    period’

If or when I get a follow up letter.
    Bask in the simple fact that NZ Post is slow ...

Your "Or when" is a tad optimistic ...

Cheers.
    Bought that bike yet ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    Yep, could have just as easily but at 90 instead of 140 I'd have backed myself to avoid the suicidal feline.
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    Some on here will say you need to be able to look out for animals coming out from driveways etc as you ride along and riding schools can teach you how to do it.
    Any form of situational awareness allows you to look for dangers and threats.
    If you are not capable or aware of the need to be scanning for potential threats as you drive or ride you shouldn't have a licence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Some on here would say to speed up when you go past/through schools and/or pedestrian crossings to minimise the risk.

Funny no one has asked the location

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Old Bikes
    Minimise the risk to school kids and pedestrians or to yourself and your licence?

If a rider elects to roll at 180k’s they have to take the consequences.

Fucks sake.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EJK View Post
    Wow. Last time I checked the news killing people while drunk driving gets less..
    Specially if you're a feathery legs!

My money is on this thread eventually needing moderation as it juggernauts out of control like a runaway train!
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    Street Triple R
    So 2 weeks ago I received a letter informing me a stationery speed camera clocked me at 182 kph on a rural road there was no fine just right down the bottom of the page stating 'you may receive an additional letter with court dates etc'. I have emailed asking for a photo and also done some research on what I'm looking at including fines, loss of liceanse for 28 days, careless, dangerous or wreckless driving witch is a criminal offence . Anyone had or heard of similar cases and the outcomes? ,I need my liceanse for work I'm looking at pleading guilty and more than likely trying diversion... If or when I get a follow up letter.

Cheers.
    get a lawyer.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    It was on the good
    Yep, could have just as easily but at 90 instead of 140 I'd have backed myself to avoid the suicidal feline.
    But you missed it anyway? I am sure many of us having similar 'getting away with it' stories. I'm surprised I am still here when I think back. Still struggle to see anything below 100 (mph) as proper speeding though.

The wife does beg to differ unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    Some on here will say you need to be able to look out for animals coming out from driveways etc as you ride along and riding schools can teach you how to do it.
    I would say you need to be able to look out for animals coming out of driveways, would save getting hit by a dog or two as has happened to some of the idiots around here. Didn't need to go to riding school to learn the bleedingly obvious either.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1

Bike
    Yo momma
    So 2 weeks ago I received a letter informing me a stationery speed camera clocked me at 182 kph on a rural road there was no fine just right down the bottom of the page stating 'you may receive an additional letter with court dates etc'. I have emailed asking for a photo and also done some research on what I'm looking at including fines, loss of liceanse for 28 days, careless, dangerous or wreckless driving witch is a criminal offence . Anyone had or heard of similar cases and the outcomes? ,I need my liceanse for work I'm looking at pleading guilty and more than likely trying diversion... If or when I get a follow up letter.

Cheers.
    Buy a big tub of lube because you are going to get fucked every way they can think of.

and you kinda did it to yourself...

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginge09 View Post
    Minimise the risk to school kids and pedestrians or to yourself and your licence?.
    That was nothing to do with Original Poster.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    motocompo
    I don't want to come of as being all pious but those 'roads' where its a doddle to do 180kph are called 'racetracks'. Things happen too fast at those speeds on public roads. My lesson was hitting a lovely sweeper on an empty highway at about 140kph many years ago. Feeling great ... and then a black cat ran across the road in front of me halfway through the sweeper. Cranked over I couldn't really do bugger all to change my line safely so held the line and closed my eyes. I credit the cat with missing me. I had no chance of missing the cat. Could have been anything ... a sheep, cow, car, tractor etc. Fortunately for me it was an agile cat (unless I cut him in half and didn't feel it). I slowed down after that. I'm old and boring but I'm still alive.
    Don't think you are exempt from any of that on the racetrack. Many years ago a guy in a Leyland truck accessed a gate on the pukekohe club circuit & drove on to live track deliberately.
    My wife was racing a sidecar at Manfield a couple of seasons ago & a family of ducks decided to cross the track in front of her. Anyone that has raced at Hampton downs has probably diced with the odd Pukeko at the entry to turn 6 too.
    Don't get all pious about "the racetrack" I know plenty more people that have fucked themselves up on a track than a road.
    And seriously, what the fuck is with closing your eyes during the point when you should be trying your absolute best to control your bike the best you ever have to avoid binning. No wonder our insurance premiums are so high with people doing dumb shit like that. Are you fuckin stupid?

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    you're thinking of pleading guilty before you've been charged? what a fucking sop. send me your address and i'll start suggesting you pay me.

1) give no fucks.
    2) IF you receive another strongly worded letter !! then you can either lawyer up and take it in the ass, or lawyer up and argue like a motherfucker.
    personally i suggest the latter. the court system is overloaded as is. it's likely you'll get off on a technicality, or the cops wont bother showing up, or, or, or.

vive la revolucion!

Thread Information