Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Speed camera flashed at 182kph

Bike
    KTM
    jesus it sounds like they'll ping ya more than that dude who beat his wife and baby up, fucked up if you ask me.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    get a lawyer.
    Probably the best advice so far.

I'd be surprised if anyone on the forum has never thought " I wonder how fast it can go" and done it.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Sichoe View Post
    jesus it sounds like they'll ping ya more than that dude who beat his wife and baby up, fucked up if you ask me.

this.

gutted though, time to move to trackdays --- and get a lawyer (sell the bike to pay for it) so your life isnt stained for the next 7~ years

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    Probably the best advice so far.

I'd be surprised if anyone on the forum has never thought " I wonder how fast it can go" and done it.
    oh yeah, including me.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Just thinking aloud... to the OP... if you need your licence for work and you lose your licence, what happens to your position? Would it be a good idea to chat to your employer about this wee problem?

Bike
    TF125
    Forget diversion. Once the summons arrives consider getting a lawyer, try to find a good one that won’t bankrupt your arse in the process. Sell the bike and take documents to show this to court, along with some knee pads.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    There's a fair bit of "holier than thou" in evidence here. Many years ago, when I was a lot younger, I used to cruise at that sort of velocity sometimes. It's hard to even imagine R1 riders who would never do 180kph, they'd be about as common as unicorns.

If the letter comes then, as has been suggested, it's time to consult a lawyer. The judge should give you credit for the fact that you are playing the game of money-go-round that is our court system. A JP may not be so understanding.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    z800
    Quote Originally Posted by 216r1 View Post
    So 2 weeks ago I received a letter informing me a stationery speed camera clocked me at 182 kph on a rural road there was no fine just right down the bottom of the page stating 'you may receive an additional letter with court dates etc'. I have emailed asking for a photo and also done some research on what I'm looking at including fines, loss of liceanse for 28 days, careless, dangerous or wreckless driving witch is a criminal offence . Anyone had or heard of similar cases and the outcomes? ,I need my liceanse for work I'm looking at pleading guilty and more than likely trying diversion... If or when I get a follow up letter.

Cheers.
    That's unlucky. Clearly you were not rural enough

If the letter comes...

Lawyer
    and have the bike "sold"

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Similar case for you to size up....

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/hawkes-bay...ectid=11105082
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Similar case for you to size up....

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/hawkes-bay...ectid=11105082
    1. He made a pass up and back on the road and didn't see the speed camera van on the first pass ... ???

2. He was a disqualified driver at the time and thus entitled to a LESSER fine ... How does that work ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    TF125
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    2. He was a disqualified driver at the time and thus entitled to a LESSER fine ... How does that work ...
    Read it again Trev. Reads to me that the leniency with the fine was due to the imposition of the 6 month disqualification, which is mandatory with that charge.

Bike
    Dr350
    You won’t get diversion for a charge with a minimum specification for disqualification, all the dangerous driving charges including dangerous speed have a minimum 6 months disqualification.

The issue with speed cameras and particularly motorbike riders with helmets is proving identity. Unless they have an admission or conduct a search warrant to match clothing they will struggle. The best that can happen is they serve a notice on the registered owner demanding details of who was using the vehicle at the time of the offending.

That said, I agree with a lot of the comments that the speed was ridiculous and those that do the crime.....

Bike
    Big money wasters
    What caught You ? Was it one of those new digital cameras on a pole that seem to be popping up all over the place or a van . If it was a van did you get caught going into rear or going away from it? 182 KPH almost as fast as I got caught at with stationary radar last year.

Bike
    TF125
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWGSER View Post
    What caught You ? Was it one of those new digital cameras on a pole that seem to be popping up all over the place or a van .
    I'm currently conducting an experiment to see if those fancy new cameras can result in a ticket for riding an unlicensed bike. Another week or so and the results should be pretty clear.

Bike
    1976 Honda GL1000, plus implements
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    1. He made a pass up and back on the road and didn't see the speed camera van on the first pass ... ???
    to get the record it must be an average speed of BOTH directions...
    High miles, engine knock, rusty chrome, worn pegs...
    Brakes as new

Thread Information