Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Speed camera flashed at 182kph

Bike
    Yamaha r1

Speed camera flashed at 182kph

So 2 weeks ago I received a letter informing me a stationery speed camera clocked me at 182 kph on a rural road there was no fine just right down the bottom of the page stating 'you may receive an additional letter with court dates etc'. I have emailed asking for a photo and also done some research on what I'm looking at including fines, loss of liceanse for 28 days, careless, dangerous or wreckless driving witch is a criminal offence . Anyone had or heard of similar cases and the outcomes? ,I need my liceanse for work I'm looking at pleading guilty and more than likely trying diversion... If or when I get a follow up letter.

Cheers.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Bike Barn have these on sale today after lunch. Go grab one, you are going to need it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	31180299_1838367186195422_7062671614843813888_o.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	375.2 KB 
ID:	336372  
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    2017 Yamaha MT-09
    I think you're in for more than 28 days without a licence...

Let us know how that bicycle goes.

Bike
    motocompo
    You may find this website useful.
    https://at.govt.nz/bus-train-ferry/journey-planner/
    Tell them you're suicidal over it, There's sure to be "wrap-around services" for that. P.s what colour is your skin?

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    Yep. Pretty screwed I'd imagine and yep ... if they charge with reckless or dangerous it'll be more than 28 days. I think the minimum for one of those two is 3 months ... not sure which though. Not sure if they can do that off a speed camera though?

Probably the best you can do is take what's coming showing proper remorse and apply for one of those 'Work Licences' that allows you to drive to and from work and in the course of your work. Not cheap though. A truck driver husband of a colleague of mine got one a few years back and I think it cost him $1200 all up.

Good luck.
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    Damn I didn't know stationary speed cameras could be used as evidence for dangerous driving etc, I thought they were only for speed fines. That sucks.

Bike
    Old Bikes
    This will be elevated beyond infringement offence to criminal offence. Probably dangerous driving. Mandatory disqualification. Diversion less likely on traffic offences.

I'm guessing six months loss of licence, maybe nine.

About $2500 for the fine.

No work limited licence application until after 28 days, and another wad of cash for that filing fee (can't remember what it is).

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by 216r1 View Post
    So 2 weeks ago I received a letter informing me a stationery speed camera clocked me at 182 kph on a rural road there was no fine just right down the bottom of the page stating 'you may receive an additional letter with court dates etc'. I have emailed asking for a photo and also done some research on what I'm looking at including fines, loss of liceanse for 28 days, careless, dangerous or wreckless driving witch is a criminal offence . Anyone had or heard of similar cases and the outcomes? ,I need my liceanse for work I'm looking at pleading guilty and more than likely trying diversion... If or when I get a follow up letter.

Cheers.
    somewhere i've got a set of photos of me on my RF900 at manfield. they had a speedo calibration day where you travelled each lap down the back straight at 100kmhs according to your speedo, they had a speed camera set up and they sent you your photo all for a donation to charity.
    I tried once, then I think i maxed out at about 195km'h hour and it was too fast for the camera to be able to read the number plate, did four laps getting faster each time and all the others were ok

next time, crank it open a bit more and you'll be right

Bike
    It was on the good
    I don't feel so bad now about the letter I got on Monday for 18km/h over.

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    Quote Originally Posted by 216r1 View Post
    I received a letter informing me a stationery speed camera clocked me at 182 kph on a rural road
    Riding a Yamaha R1? Personally, I think they should send you a letter thanking you for showing restraint (Hell, I've ridden faster on my CRF and that is an adventure bike rather than a sports bike).
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    "If the cops didn't see it, I didn't do it!"
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    3 potential charges.

Exceeding 100 kmh. Up to 50 kmh over, it's an infringement. More than 50 kmh over, it can be laid in the JPs court as exceeding 100 kmh.

Driving In a Dangerous Manner, or Driving At A Dangerous Speed. 6 months minimum disqualification, fine up to $4500, or both, and potential for 3 months prison.

Driving In A Reckless Manner. Basically, it can be laid, but it's unlikely. To prove reckless, they have to prove that it was intentionally dangerous. Mens rea.

Suck it up. That's a silly speed.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post

is it, bikes are capable of doing that and up to 80% more, roads in some places that's a doddle, did they brainwash you too before you left the farce?

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries

I know - FFS it's a R1 - why where you doing under 200?

Bike
    S1000RR
    3 potential charges.

Exceeding 100 kmh. Up to 50 kmh over, it's an infringement. More than 50 kmh over, it can be laid in the JPs court as exceeding 100 kmh.

Driving In a Dangerous Manner, or Driving At A Dangerous Speed. 6 months minimum disqualification, fine up to $4500, or both, and potential for 3 months prison.

Driving In A Reckless Manner. Basically, it can be laid, but it's unlikely. To prove reckless, they have to prove that it was intentionally dangerous. Mens rea.

Wow. Last time I checked the news killing people while drunk driving gets less..

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    is it, bikes are capable of doing that and up to 80% more, roads in some places that's a doddle,
    I don't want to come of as being all pious but those 'roads' where its a doddle to do 180kph are called 'racetracks'. Things happen too fast at those speeds on public roads. My lesson was hitting a lovely sweeper on an empty highway at about 140kph many years ago. Feeling great ... and then a black cat ran across the road in front of me halfway through the sweeper. Cranked over I couldn't really do bugger all to change my line safely so held the line and closed my eyes. I credit the cat with missing me. I had no chance of missing the cat. Could have been anything ... a sheep, cow, car, tractor etc. Fortunately for me it was an agile cat (unless I cut him in half and didn't feel it). I slowed down after that. I'm old and boring but I'm still alive.
    Grow older but never grow up

Thread Information