Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Engagement With Motorcyclists

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    they also pay into that shiny side up thing where the harley riders ride round with t shirts and one had no gloves the last event i went to.
    thing is their message is that no matter how good you think you are wear the gear and no matter how good you think you are you are not bullet proof, mixed message or what?
    But how can you express your freedom with gear on?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinz0r View Post
    Some interesting replies regarding the benefits of training on the track vs the road. I think some assumptions were made that this training day was about track riding rather than road riding skills.

Maybe I didn't explain clearly enough:

The majority of the day was road skills training based, in which we followed an experienced rider around the track to practice braking, throttle control, and taking appropriate lines. This was not done at high speed, but at normal road riding pace. The point was to improve road riding skills in a safer environment, so that if mistakes were made, the potential risks were minimised.

As I stated above, I found this very useful as it allowed us to practice skills in a safe environment, and then apply those skills effectively on the road after having practiced them on the track.
    i learn't a huge amount of bike handling skills and they became an instinct from riding on a track, i would never have survived trying to learn those on teh road as with a track nothing really changes on a corner from one lap to another giving you the chance to push things, try that on the same corner each day riding to work and see what it does to your life.
    true it did increase me speed on the road a tad but i was steps ahead in confidence and safety.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GazzaH View Post
    You present that as if it's an either-or choice.

They are BOTH 'priorities' along with many other issues.
    So what is being done to stop more kids getting killed or seriously injured .... in their own home ... by their own family members ???

And (back to motorcycling) would Compulsory Graduated Rider training courses at each stage of a Motorcycle license .... being made mandatory make a difference ... ??

Is the issue with the motorcycle riders dying on the road ... lack of knowledge/skills or lack of caring about the (possible) end result ... ??

Perhaps ... the "It couldn't happen to me, I'm a good rider" mentality ... ???

People usually die because of someone else's poor decision making. It would need a bloody good training course to stop that happening. Is there one ... ???
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    But how can you express your freedom with gear on?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Ride naked. You would take much more care then. Others might laugh ... but ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    People usually die because of someone else's poor decision making. It would need a bloody good training course to stop that happening. Is there one ... ???
    That is one hell of a myth there chap.

In around a third of motorcycle fatalities there's no other vehicle involved.

In around another third the rider could have mitigated accident or severity of accident to some degree.

Laying the blame on one's own shit riding by blaming a third party, that's the core of the problem in my view

Thread Information