Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Greedy bastards!

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowDog View Post
    Have a Nissan Leaf, on it's way to me
    My daily commute is done in my Leaf, I only need to buy petrol on the weekends for the motorbike. I used to use a Honda ST1300 for commuting, the Leaf is warmer and dryer and a LOT cheaper to run. I've calculated that I'll save ~$8k in the first 3 years. I sold the bike for $7k and bought the Leaf for $21k, leaving me down by $14k, after 3 years having saved $8k I'll only be down $6k, a further 3 years should have the entire difference in vehicle prices repaid. So far the battery is holding up nicely, should handle my 70km commute for more than 6 more years.

As a motorcyclist I love my Leaf, I can take the money I save on my daily commute and spend it on the bike!
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    "If the cops didn't see it, I didn't do it!"
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    I Ride No More

Electric Cars - A Quick Snapshot on Competition

A short video clip on the Driven website:

http://www.driven.co.nz/video/driven...s/?ref=nzhhome

Bike
    Yamaha MT-09
    Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Back to the greedy bastards. Caltex, BP and Z are all 219.9c for 91 in Kapiti (07/05/18). Funny how they price independently but all reach the exact fraction of a cent? Almost worth the 40 minute drive to Levin for 191.9c (well that's what I paid there 2 weeks ago).
    I'm pretty sure this is explained by the leaked BP email stating they were going to raise prices and simply hope the competitors followed suit. There are few enough players in NZ (Gull is really the only disrupter) that they don't compete with each other.

Thread Information