Thread: Leather and non-leather repairs

Bike
    Ducati Monster 821

Leather and non-leather repairs

I have some Alpinestars leathers that had the stitching ripped open in a crash a while back that I'd like to get repaired - does anyone know if someone in Wellington who does this (preferably someone who does mc leathers, not furniture). Also my boots are old and cracked but still good (see pic), so I'd welcome any suggestions for products to glue/try to extend their life a bit more. These old Oxtar (TCX) boots so aren't leather.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boots.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	394.2 KB 
ID:	336628  
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be quoted out of context, then used against you.

Bike
    1998 CBR 900RR
    I have had some alterations done to my leathers at Lesvos in the railway station. They generally seem to be the ones people recommend.
    To be honest I wasn't that happy with the workmanship, and a friend also had alterations done there and was not happy.
    I have had repairs done to an old set of leathers by Sam at Celtic leathers. He was good to deal with and the repairs were good but it is a bit of a hassle sending them away.

So long story short I don't have anyone I recommend in Wellington.

To get good work done I would look at possibly sending away from Wellington especially if it is just repairing some stitching.

Not sure if Sam is still doing leathers, he used to set up at race meetings but not sure if he still does. All I could find was this:
    http://www.hellotrade.com/celtic-leathers/

These guys in Auckland could be worth a look too:
    http://www.msw.co.nz/

Good luck

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    I would happily get work done at MSW, personal recommendation...

Drop a note via the website and see what can be done.

Bike
    2017 Triumph Thruxton
    Can recommend the Leather Shop in Hagley Street, Porirua. Very good workmanship and very reasonable price. I had my leather pants altered a couple of years ago and was most impressed. Would certainly go back there if I need anything else done.

Thread Information