Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I would have thought there's be company...

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers View Post
    When the person being called a fuckwit doesn't think it's abuse then there's no rules broken.
    So does the site just pander to the whiney little fucks now?
    You're still here and you're definitely not a whiney little fuck. If this place was just all touchy feely whiners I'd have to leave cos it'd drive me batshit. Thankfully there are still people with opinions and aren't shy so it's not all bad.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Here's an idea.....

The site should set up a 'Safe Zone' (sort of like a reverse Pink Hell) where the serial whiney little fucks can be banished to - so that they don't get their feelings hurt by words.

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Here's an idea.....

The site should set up a 'Safe Zone' (sort of like a reverse Pink Hell) where the serial whiney little fucks can be banished to - so that they don't get their feelings hurt by words.
    That's the rest of the internet. The only time anything gets acted on around here (or at least should) is when it's abusive. You can be a cock as much as you like. Just don't abuse the shit out of anyone.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    That's the rest of the internet. The only time anything gets acted on around here (or at least should) is when it's abusive. You can be a cock as much as you like. Just don't abuse the shit out of anyone.
    I do hope that is applied consistently in future. I was not impressed when the first thread I started here was hijacked by a series of abusive posts.

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    I do hope that is applied consistently in future. I was not impressed when the first thread I started here was hijacked by a series of abusive posts.
    Was anyone directing abuse at you? Not the usual load of drivel certain members come out with, but directly at you?

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    No, at each other and very personally abusive. I just stopped following the thread after a few days.

There were some fairly stupid comments but that seems to be how it is here. Despite all that, there were also some helpful posts.

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    No, at each other and very personally abusive. I just stopped following the thread after a few days.

There were some fairly stupid comments but that seems to be how it is here. Despite all that, there were also some helpful posts.
    That's pretty much standard for this site. You have to filter out the moronic crap from the genuinely useful stuff.

Running a site like this you either go the "multiple shit fights a day" route or people getting offended by naughty words. Finding a balance in the middle where people get to be adults and don't have to worry about offending anyone is really difficult.

Unfortunately, a lot of those adults really should grow up.

Bike
    R6
    So is that like when someone is abused for having mental disorders (autism, depression, etc), that should be grounds for sin-binning? Or does the post need to be reported by the person who got the abuse? Or is it a PM since the reporting system doesn't seem well managed?

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...I'm an old hippy...with a pointy stick, a club and an axe...and one to grind, an opinion...a Hondaphile...a fucked up catholic...abusive...why am I alive...where the fuck are Crasher and Ax you cunts...D's a Ginga cunt...Drews a cunt...so's Jasonu and carbonhead and... ad infinitum...where the fuck would you be without all those cunts...don't even mention Oscar...then there's all the soft cocks who make you not want to come here...then there's those like roogazza and pritch and merv and others who make you want to stay here...where are CFWB and Ax...cunts...

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    where are CFWB and Ax...cunts...
    Probs in the real special sin bin, but not being whiney fucks about it and needing to know why.
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystone View Post
    So is that like when someone is abused for having mental disorders (autism, depression, etc), that should be grounds for sin-binning? Or does the post need to be reported by the person who got the abuse? Or is it a PM since the reporting system doesn't seem well managed?
    Anyone can report a post and they're all looked into and dealt with accordingly. Problem is about 95% of reported posts are from people who got a bit of sand in their vag and want someone to make it better.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ....D's a ginga cunt...
    I'm not sure it's considered abuse when it's true
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    2015 Aprilia Tuono Factory
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    I'm not sure it's considered abuse when it's true
    I think you are confused with the law on defamation.

Cheers

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystone View Post
    So is that like when someone is abused for having mental disorders (autism, depression, etc),
    You probably need to reconsider what constitutes 'abuse'.

TDL has admitted to being on the autism spectrum and you (in your former life as bogan) have admitted to anxiety issues.

If someone simply reiterates those facts, it would be rather a stretch of the imagination to call it abuse.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    TDL has admitted to being on the autism spectrum.
    I very much doubt I've said that. I'm fairly certain that all I've ever said is that I have a number of character traits that could suggest mild autism. Which is not the same as confirming as being on the spectrum.

I think you've been smelling your own farts for so long, you're starting to think they smell like roses.

Edit: Also - FWIW - I don't think Graystone should be penalised, unless some compelling evidence is brought forth.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Thread Information