Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boots on a budget. Help please!

Bike
    2012 Yamaha Mt-07
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    Check out these fullas. I've had nothing but excellent service and exceedingly good value for money from them. https://www.1tonne.co.nz/listings/boots/105/

My G/F bought a pair of boots off them when she started riding a few years ago. A bit of fabric trim started to fray and she received a new pair of boots, gratis. She still has both pairs.
    I've had a look at their gear, the blitz boots look alright. Anyone have experience with them?

Bike
    Indian Scout
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelo View Post
    I've had a look at their gear, the blitz boots look alright. Anyone have experience with them?
    Yep. Got the Blitz a couple of months ago and thoroughly recommend them. Great value and good quality. I like the look, they sit nicely between the boring touring type and silly boy racer sports style.
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Hi guys,

I am a returning KB member and have been slowly getting my biking gear back together since recently getting a new bike and riding more. The last thing I need is a pair of boots. I am on a bit of a budget as I am the sole earner in my house with my wife at home looking after our 13 month old boy.

I have been all over trademe looking for a pair of second hand boots to get me going with little success. People don't want to cheaply part with their old boots for some reason.

The second option is to buy cheap new pair of boots such as the Exustar variety or Cnell etc that can be seen on trademe for $99 to $169 respectively.

Does anyone have any experience with the Exustar boots? They "look" ok (better than the more expensive Cnell boots) in photos etc but I cannot find any reviews on them.

https://www.motobeast.co.nz/products...segt-greyblack

Or should I just save up the $300+ needed to get a pair of brand name boots?

Thanks in advance for any input.
    i know most rubbish this sugestion i got s s safety boots here in parmmy some itilaian work boots steel caps thigh height on special 150.00

not purpose built for motorcles fit nice keep my feet warm too. safety treads seem be wearing well and grip well. as walk a bit in them too.

as i deliver junk mail on my scooter amd start stoping alot and tread hardly worn in 4 months of use.there not what want walk the dog with but problely be okay for that too.

brand called panther . web site panthersafety.it have zip down the side and six lace holes each side on the middle section and side zips.

have soft side panels around side of the anckle so might not provide ancle protection from fracture etc but assume they have diffrent styles.

http://panthersafety.it/

ones i got like the shoe type ones too

http://panthersafety.it/en/panther/h...ction/leonardo

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by actungbaby View Post
    i know most rubbish this sugestion i got s s safety boots here in parmmy some itilaian work boots steel caps thigh height on special 150.00
    That is more than kinky, possibly illegal. Don't they chafe at the top?
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Blog Entries

eek

by gorgre you have a way with words my son. only problem i have with new shoes or anything foot related is blisters. not (sisters) athough do have probs with both. ;-) i know the damp newspapper train of thought but how damp is damp ;-) so just put loo paper behind my foot.
    one bit rear of right boot seem have ridge . which was bit painfull but came right . i guess i go non ribbed next time ;-)

Thank you for your concerns dully noted maybe expect x mas card sometime in future no money included you know nz post frown on such things. and of course only thing holding me back.

I guess am just big sofftie its why generally dont spend on cloths at all or shoes and esp shoes have holy shoes divine even .seriously my cheap sand shoes or any shoes for that matter i destroy walking in less tan 3 months .soles lift of at the front must catch them .these been fine so far.

am not expert i know nothing of motorcycle boots . only had one pair in 80,s which lasted for over ten years use sheep skin lined touring typye i guess.

but i rode to work , in them to work they did wear funny on right foot beveleved sort ducati like made me walk funny ;-)

opps thought about i meant to say mid calve .

Bike
    Street Triple R
    I wear my thigh high boots with my latex dalmation print gimp suit and its fine. The heels are a bitch to walk in though. The best thing about latex is its waterproof so I dont need wet weather gear.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    I'm a 10.5 in Nike sneakers, I guess that equates to a 44 or 45 in the weird euro system that boots are sized in.
    I also wear size 10.5 (NZ) which I have found to be equivalent to size 11 (US) and 45 (Euro). I've found it pretty handy to know my boot/shoe size in all standards, especially when buying from overseas or through Trademe.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    "If the cops didn't see it, I didn't do it!"
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkH View Post
    I also wear size 10.5 (NZ) which I have found to be equivalent to size 11 (US) and 45 (Euro). I've found it pretty handy to know my boot/shoe size in all standards, especially when buying from overseas or through Trademe.
    am size 10- 11 shoes and size 10 fit fine you can get them here locally from safety wear shops.

Added bonust i got zap last night in the shed from light i think safety soles saved me was bloody lucky hurt my wrist but i was fine didnt earth.

What a bloody idiot i was .

I have had the Blitz boots for 18 months so far have been great in the southland winters and all seasons really, I am commuting almost everyday in them with some longer trips to christchurch etc. Looking at buying another pair to replace when they expire. For the money - top notch

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Quote Originally Posted by mad.dog View Post
    I have had the Blitz boots for 18 months so far have been great in the southland winters and all seasons really, I am commuting almost everyday in them with some longer trips to christchurch etc. Looking at buying another pair to replace when they expire. For the money - top notch

what part of southland you commuting from ?

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubbo View Post
    I have some of these in size 44 or 45 will look when I get home, you can have for $50, they are as new, worn once then found they're slightly too small and never got around to selling them
    if he doesn't take them, i will take em off ya hands, mine are lookin a bit sad

Hey Russ I'm in Invercargill
    Quote Originally Posted by russd7 View Post
    what part of southland you commuting from ?

Bike
    06 Honda 919-79 T140E Triumph 96 Guzzi
    Yeah if ya got sore gonads, try trimming an inch from the top.
    "If you ever need anything please don’t hesitate to ask someone else first.”

Anyhoo don't forget to add to calendar 19th May, 27th July, and 31 August.
    World whisky day, International whisky day, and Scotch whisky day.

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    I don't know what their availability or price would be like over in your neck of the woods, but there is an Australian brand called Rossi who make work boots and bike boots (for about 100 years or so). Their "Vision" boot is great, fits my annoying size 13 foot (which stops me from being able to find any Dainese/Alpinestars boots which fit, etc) and the last pair I bought cost me $220 brand new Worth a look, at least

Bike
    06 Honda 919-79 T140E Triumph 96 Guzzi
    Quote Originally Posted by WALRUS View Post
    I don't know what their availability or price would be like over in your neck of the woods, but there is an Australian brand called Rossi who make work boots and bike boots (for about 100 years or so). Their "Vision" boot is great, fits my annoying size 13 foot (which stops me from being able to find any Dainese/Alpinestars boots which fit, etc) and the last pair I bought cost me $220 brand new Worth a look, at least
    Those Rossi Vison's look great. I use a lovely pair of pricey Gearne's (and No! not because I own a Guzzle), but prefer my old slip resistant 100 buck John Bull calf length work boots as they take thick socks, easy pull on and no slipping when manoeuvring the bikes about. The Rossi's look like they would do both, I'd be happy to have a pair, they review well. My only bitch with the Gearnes is lack a bit of sole grip that I need being challenged with duck disease and also with flat feet, they are a bit tight at the toes.
    Really when comes to "budget", a good pair of boots is priceless, save a few weeks and get something decent me thinks (such as the said Vision's) and then tell use how good they are (or aren't).
    "If you ever need anything please don’t hesitate to ask someone else first.”

Anyhoo don't forget to add to calendar 19th May, 27th July, and 31 August.
    World whisky day, International whisky day, and Scotch whisky day.

Thread Information