Thread: HRC rear suspension linkage for NC30

Bike
    1992 NC30, '80 GS1000S, '68 Aermacchi

HRC rear suspension linkage for NC30

Hi KB ers.
    Anyone found an alternative to the HRC suspension linkage for NC30s? Rick Oliver sells replicas for 250 squid, am hoping there might be something 'factory' used in another model Honda, or something that might be adapted?
    Am fitting different rear shock to mine, and would rather not change spring rate.
    Cheers, thanks. Kiwimacchi

Bike
    Street Triple R
    OK, so, $500 NZD (roughly) is too much for the minimal gain you're going to make. You would be far better investing that coin in a custom built rear shock. I have an Ohlins TTX36 on mine which was built slightly longer and has an adjustable rear ride height.

You dont say whether you have the stock 18 inch rear wheel or an RVF 17 inch rear wheel but the hot fix for these has always been to jack up the back so a longer shock is good for that plus you get a better shock.

Sure, there are theoretical compromises to swingarm angle and notionally the leverage ration might not be perfect, but honestly, even if yo uare challenging for F3 supremacy (which you won't be on a 25 year old motorbike) I doubt you would notice.

mine is sitting in my garage with a dicked motor if you want to come measure/look.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwimacchi View Post
    Hi KB ers.
    Anyone found an alternative to the HRC suspension linkage for NC30s? Rick Oliver sells replicas for 250 squid, am hoping there might be something 'factory' used in another model Honda, or something that might be adapted?
    Am fitting different rear shock to mine, and would rather not change spring rate.
    Cheers, thanks. Kiwimacchi
    http://nc30club.com/Performance_Improvement.pdf
    looks like above were doing exchange ones.
    Or you could fit a NC35 one as according to the above tey were better for ride height.
    thing is if you are going to fit a different shock do you actually need the link to regain the ride height?
    maybe talk to Rick or to Robert Taylor ot to Maxton in the uk

http://www.maxtonsuspension.co.uk/
    http://www.kss.net.nz/kiwi-suspensio...logue/home.jsp
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post

mine is sitting in my garage with a dicked motor if you want to come measure/look.
    Measure your dick or come and look while you dick a motor?

Gets quiet around here on Friday nights - can I bring the beer?

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Measure your dick or come and look while you dick a motor?

Gets quiet around here on Friday nights - can I bring the beer?
    Only beer.? Usually you bring vaseline and a video camera

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Hey OP definitely talk to KSS Robert Taylor also.... thats where i got mine done

Bike
    1992 NC30, '80 GS1000S, '68 Aermacchi
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    OK, so, $500 NZD (roughly) is too much for the minimal gain you're going to make. You would be far better investing that coin in a custom built rear shock. I have an Ohlins TTX36 on mine which was built slightly longer and has an adjustable rear ride height.

You dont say whether you have the stock 18 inch rear wheel or an RVF 17 inch rear wheel but the hot fix for these has always been to jack up the back so a longer shock is good for that plus you get a better shock.

Sure, there are theoretical compromises to swingarm angle and notionally the leverage ration might not be perfect, but honestly, even if yo uare challenging for F3 supremacy (which you won't be on a 25 year old motorbike) I doubt you would notice.

Hi HDC- would be keen to come have a look, got a contact number? Or mine is 021368874.
    Cheers, Adrian

Thread Information