Thread: Mc19 250r to mc19 400rr

Bike
    Mc19 cbr250r

Mc19 250r to mc19 400rr

Hey there. Im looking to convert my 89 mc19 cbr250r to a 400. Im kind of new to bikes but have some mechanic skills

Obviously i need a engine and carby and i would like to install the 400rr gull arm/rear setup, if it will fit! but what else would i need? Wiring loom? Rev counter? Spare pair of undies?

Cheers

Bike
    Ducati 748R
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Throttle 2018 View Post
    Hey there. Im looking to convert my 89 mc19 cbr250r to a 400. Im kind of new to bikes but have some mechanic skills

Obviously i need a engine and carby and i would like to install the 400rr gull arm/rear setup, if it will fit! but what else would i need? Wiring loom? Rev counter? Spare pair of undies?

Cheers
    how much physically bigger is a 400 motor? i have pulled one out of a 400 years ago and remember it being fairly big would you need new fairings? it may not be worth the hastle? what are the 400 parts worth? could probably pick up one for a few grand and you wouldnt be far behind trying to do a conversion, now if you are on L plates and want more power it makes sence BUT you could probably hot up for 250 motor for less money.

Thread Information