Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Tommy Robinson

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    And was sentenced to 13 months imprisonment for doing what others were apparently doing at the same time.
    That is wrong. You really do need to read the item I posted. He was sentenced to 10 months. The three months suspended sentence kicked in automatically and that had been explained to him by the original judge and he had said he understood.

Nobody else was doing what he was doing.

To paint a picture: some of these recent similar cases can have twenty or more defendants. They don't put twenty people in the dock at once they tend to do them in groups which creates a series of trials. The judge may order all details suppressed until after the final trial. So there are reporters around but until the final verdict is in all reporting is banned. "Robinson" was broadcasting live coverage of the accused arriving at the court and describing them in negative ways. Ultimately this could result in a mistrial, or even in the guilty going free because they can't have a fair trial.

The arguments used to claim Robinson't innocence are all rubbish.

And to head you off at the pass, No! We don't need an inquiry.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    And to head you off at the pass, No! We don't need an inquiry.
    To be honest I'm not really questioning the sentence he received. I'm more interested in whether he will be given adequate protection while serving his time and whether this will instigate massive violence on the streets of England if he doesn't receive it and he's killed while in there.

Bike
    Blade '12
    Here's an interview between Gad Saad and Tommy Robinson. Straight from the original sources is the only way to operate these days.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    To be honest I'm not really questioning the sentence he received. I'm more interested in whether he will be given adequate protection while serving his time and whether this will instigate massive violence on the streets of England if he doesn't receive it and he's killed while in there.
    Fair enough. I blame Trump. Since Trump was elected the backwards KKK supporters and their ilk have felt free to speak their tiny minds. Extreme right wing groups in other countries have noted this and similarly felt encouraged to air their views. Some of the opinions trumpeted by these people are nonsense. You have that well known expert on British law, Alex Jones of Infowars, whipping his followers into a frenzy over the unjust imprisonment of Tommy Robinson for exercising his freedom of speech. Other haters with a following: Katie Hopkins and Raheem Kassam in Britain f'rinstance have been doing the same. It's all bollocks but sadly they do have a following.

The current furore about Robinson being moved to a prison with a 70% muslim population is also rubbish there is no such prison in Britain.

I don't wish him ill but it's his own fault that he's in there. He'll have his supporters though and I believe he is in familiar territory, he should be OK. In British prisons these days suicide might be a bigger threat than murder.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Fair enough. I blame Trump. Since Trump was elected the backwards KKK supporters and their ilk have felt free to speak their tiny minds. Extreme right wing groups in other countries have noted this and similarly felt encouraged to air their views. Some of the opinions trumpeted by these people are nonsense. You have that well known expert on British law, Alex Jones of Infowars, whipping his followers into a frenzy over the unjust imprisonment of Tommy Robinson for exercising his freedom of speech. Other haters with a following: Katie Hopkins and Raheem Kassam in Britain f'rinstance have been doing the same. It's all bollocks but sadly they do have a following.

The current furore about Robinson being moved to a prison with a 70% muslim population is also rubbish there is no such prison in Britain.

I don't wish him ill but it's his own fault that he's in there. He'll have his supporters though and I believe he is in familiar territory, he should be OK. In British prisons these days suicide might be a bigger threat than murder.
    And if I was to say that the extreme right that you speak of (not that I agree with that characterization, but anyways) is a direct reaction to all the focus on enforced diversity, Quotas, Affirmative action and the general pissing and moaning from the Extreme Left?

Even the leaders of the actual alt-right have said that the Social Justice Movement has been the biggest recruiting boon for them, better than they could have made themselves.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by carbonhed View Post
    Here's an interview between Gad Saad and Tommy Robinson. Straight from the original sources is the only way to operate these days.
    That was an interesting watch.

Now while I don't agree with everything that Tommy Robinson says (he's a staunch supporter of Israel after all) he certainly doesn't come across as the beast with two heads that he's painted to be.

(And as an aside, it would be great to see people forming an opinion on the likes of Andrew Wakefield by listening to him speak - instead of blindly accepting the picture of him that the mainstream media presents).

Bike
    Yo momma
    Fair enough. I blame Trump. Since Trump was elected....
    You'd blame Trump if your car got a flat tire.

Bike
    bandit
    Tommy Robinson was imprisoned for 13 months for contempt of court after live streaming a broadcast, including footage of participants in a criminal trial, outside Leeds Crown Court (3 months suspended etc ...) The trial was subject to blanket reporting restrictions ..

The sentencing judge pointed out that his actions were illegal, and may well have lead to an adjournment of the trial he was filming ... and a new trial ordered.

There were signs all over the court where he was filming that filming was illegal .. he still chose to do it and break the law ...

"So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    Tommy Robinson was imprisoned for 13 months for contempt of court after live streaming a broadcast, including footage of participants in a criminal trial, outside Leeds Crown Court (3 months suspended etc ...) The trial was subject to blanket reporting restrictions ..

The sentencing judge pointed out that his actions were illegal, and may well have lead to an adjournment of the trial he was filming ... and a new trial ordered.

There were signs all over the court where he was filming that filming was illegal .. he still chose to do it and break the law ...
    And if this thread was simply about the whys and wherefores of his imprisonment then there might be very little cause to question the validity of his sentence.

But there's a much bigger picture to this.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    And if this thread was simply about the whys and wherefores of his imprisonment then there would be very little cause to question the validity of his sentence.

But there's a much bigger picture to this.
    Well there isn't really but you could make one if you worked at it. F'rinstance you could look at how some of those agitating for his release actually want him killed in prison so as to give them a martyr.

Or you could look at the Rotherham child sexual abuse case which may be similar to the current events, but we don't know for sure because we have no good information about the current case(s).
    In Rotherham the South Yorkshire Police, who appear uncommonly accident prone, did nothing for decades in spite of numerous complaints. They thought any action would bring allegations of racism since all suspects were Asian (mainly of Pakistani origin). It was only when they got an Asian lawyer on the staff that they started investigating.

There will be a shit ton of stuff on the web about what went on there. Most cities have houses that provide a temporary homes for young people who for whatever reason cannot be with their family. There will usually be more than one of these in most towns as you can't be putting teenaged male sex offenders with primary school aged females. The problem started when the British Government and councils farmed their homes out to private industry. The primary focus of a corporation is to make a profit, so they purchased properties in the cheapest parts of town all over Britain. This brought the at-risk young females within reach of some of the less reputable parts of society. And unsurprisingly shit did happen.

In this country such homes are currently controlled by OT for the government. I'd hate to see them privatised but there's always likely to be some MP with a bee in their bonnet wants change for the sake of it.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Well there isn't really but you could make one if you worked at it.
    Ah yeah, there actually is.

There is the simmering unrest among a significant proportion of English people about the rampant immigration and the increase in crime that seems to have gone with it.

This has the makings of a powder keg that would only take the murder of Tommy Robinson to ignite.

Now you might happily call that nothing of a story but I would respectfully disagree.

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Ah yeah, there actually is.

There is the simmering unrest among a significant proportion of English people about the rampant immigration and the increase in crime that seems to have gone with it.

This has the makings of a powder keg that would only take the murder of Tommy Robinson to ignite.

Now you might happily call that nothing of a story but I would respectfully disagree.
    I want to agree with you but remember that this happened before. Right back even before Enoch Powell's famous 'Rivers of Blood' speech but that's the one from my personal memory. In that case it was West Indian migrants, then Indian and Pakistanis... Eventually all these groups became more English than the English.

The difference here is Islam...

I don't think this is a race thing - its a religion thing... Which is feck crazy as its an imaginary sky fairy we are arguing over

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post

There are some who think that the blanket restrictions are more about trying to downplay the problem and cover it up, as opposed to any impact on the trial.

Given what we know of recent UK government behaviours - I tend to fall on that side.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    There are some who think that the blanket restrictions are more about trying to downplay the problem and cover it up, as opposed to any impact on the trial.

Given what we know of recent UK government behaviours - I tend to fall on that side.
    Sounds like a conspiracy.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Sounds like a conspiracy.
    It does, doesn't it...

What a strange world we live in...

Thread Information