Thread: Engine over heating on Honda nss 250 scotter

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries

Engine over heating on Honda nss 250 scotter

Bloody norah Honda temp guage went of the clock just doing my pavement slog. only 1 street

checked radiator got some antifrezze coolant. checked rad it was cool even with guage of the clock.

So i took out the themostat . then started it up tryed putting in the mixture bloody tricky

as hose is long way back. anyways bike still geting hot not so bad know but flowing out over flow onto engine .i pissed about trying swezze hoses get air out . so much new coolent on the ground what a mess and waste money. pour slowly with engine on and it quicky spurts back up after few mins .

think i get hose and attach to over flow pipe other side the filling spout. least wont all go ground again

any ideas freaked out thinking must be cracked head. but if i use hose it rule that out . as present carb in the way seeing where over flow pipe goes. seems be downbase cyclinder. engine cyclinder leans foward .

any help please . rode around block was leaking bits on the footpath steam was coming from engine where coolant was over flowing onto it.

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    waterpump?
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    KTM
    Is there a temp gauge on the dash? what does that say?

if the temp gauge shows cold, and the radiator itself is cold, then it could be the thermostat not opening

You can test that by removing and chucking in a pot of boiling water and seeing if it opens?

Bike
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Sichoe View Post
    Is there a temp gauge on the dash? what does that say?

if the temp gauge shows cold, and the radiator itself is cold, then it could be the thermostat not opening

You can test that by removing and chucking in a pot of boiling water and seeing if it opens?
    geezheard that trick and l always forget it. thanks jeff

Pretty sure its the cyclinder head gasket to i be walking doing my junk mail with a pack for few weeks.

thanks for help sugestions very kind . know of to find manuall (amizon ) head gasket and other bits.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by awayatc View Post
    waterpump?
    Did cross my mind i know my mx5 got its water pump done anytime replace timing belts in cars usually have look that.

Its pressure pumping the rad and coming out the overflow so i replace the cylinder head gasket.

Thanks Dude for the help think bike pumps so basic spun of simple shaft not much work done.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by actungbaby View Post
    Did cross my mind i know my mx5 got its water pump done anytime replace timing belts in cars usually have look that.

Its pressure pumping the rad and coming out the overflow so i replace the cylinder head gasket.

Thanks Dude for the help think bike pumps so basic spun of simple shaft not much work done.
    After never buying a torque wrench recommendations what to buy Motorcycle ones whouldint need to be the same as a car use ?

I know chap recommended a web site for buying a didgital vernier caliper i get one of these too.

Got engine out seems to have bit rust around head barrell is cast iron or stell though so maybe just that.

Bike
    TF125
    Quote Originally Posted by actungbaby View Post
    After never buying a torque wrench recommendations what to buy Motorcycle ones whouldint need to be the same as a car use ?
    You'll want a 1/4" drive torque wrench for engine assembly and a 3/8" drive for frame & suspension work. Most car stuff is higher torque values and often 1/2" drive torque wrenches are used. Teng Tools make some pretty half-decent torque wrenches, go & see the TradeZone guys on Tremaine Ave would be my suggestion.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
    You'll want a 1/4" drive torque wrench for engine assembly and a 3/8" drive for frame & suspension work. Most car stuff is higher torque values and often 1/2" drive torque wrenches are used. Teng Tools make some pretty half-decent torque wrenches, go & see the TradeZone guys on Tremaine Ave would be my suggestion.
    Thanksmate real helpfull yeah got vernier today from a place there torque wrenchs where 600.00 bit out my budget i know u get what u pay for.

some torque vlues he mentioned sound very high for what i need . geez i never knew 1/4 drive for engine work so your saying is it not high torque then. i just always tighten to have it felt on cyclinder head bolts. u know bit more than average bolt but not over board.well on end of 3/4 socket with punny arms like mine no extenstion bar.

so i problerly go get torque wrench for engine stuff at the moment i glad finally decided to try bit harder with my work practice.

thanks again sir most helpfull never used a torque wrench and know nothing about them.

Thread Information