Thread: Pre82 remote reservoir shock

Bike
    kz550H1

Pre82 remote reservoir shock

Im going to get a new rear shock , Can someone confirm that i can run a remote reservoir shock iin this class. the only mention of rear suspension in this class is about monoshocks. If its allowed then then i will spend the extra coin

Bike
    Racing ones
    Many bikes in the pre82 class run replacement rear shocks from modern machines with remote reservoirs.
    They are not classed as a major component so there is some flexibility.

Like any post classic mods if the technology was available and used in the period and you can prove it , its fine.
    Im pretty sure GP bikes in Pre 82 period ran remote res rear mono shocks.

I run piggy back twin rears on my Pre82 bike (admittedly they are re-valved period marzocchis) and have had no questions asked.

We certainly wouldn't have a problem with it at a CAMS event, original non rebuildable shocks are a potential a safety issue.

Cheers

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by oilburber View Post
    Im going to get a new rear shock , Can someone confirm that i can run a remote reservoir shock iin this class. the only mention of rear suspension in this class is about monoshocks. If its allowed then then i will spend the extra coin
    the roberts built alloy monocoque runs a remote reservoir so that sets a standard. built and raced 1982

Bike
    Exercycle
    The Fox piggyback shocks used in the US Superbike wars pre '82 are the usual justification for allowing those in pre '82.

Monoshocks with remote reservoirs were certainly around. I'd look for pictorial evidence of your model bike being used with one.....
    There's not a lot of pre '82 eligible monoshocks. If yours is a Yamaha with the long strut, good luck finding anything other than OE.

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    the roberts built alloy monocoque runs a remote reservoir so that sets a standard. built and raced 1982
    Is that the same bike that has five float bowls?

Thread Information