Thread: Trail&Track riding venue North Wairarapa

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries

Trail&Track riding venue North Wairarapa

http://trailntrack.co.nz/

Winter huh? Sod all rides on Silver-bullet. Hmm, what to do? Well I’d seen this place advertised. Seemed like a long way to drive from Wellington for a 15km track.
    But desperation & all that. $30 a day or $50 for the weekend.
    Heck can make a weekend of it.
    Accommodation is like $30 for bunkrooms. And the host will cook a roast or whatever & breakfast all for not very much money.

Wasn’t expecting much, but got the other end of the scale. The hall is a converted woolshed with lots of wood slab tables etc. Fireplace. Can sleep up to 30, ok in bunks but there you go. The food however was fantastic and you could not grumble about the cost. She made maybe the best desert I’ve had. OK I’d had a few beers by then but it was right up there.

It gets blowy up there, real blowy, but the track is somehow out of it for the most part. Check on Castlepoint weather forecast which seems to be well different from say Masterton.

The Trails? Well mid winter it was quite muddy so if it was 15k it felt like a lot longer. OK it’s not the best ride I’ve been on but it is far removed from the worst & I’ll be going back for sure. Check site for dates it runs. Suspect the mud will dry enough from now to make it a real blast, I was a bit tired from paddling a fair bit.
    In the summer it may be a little easy, but it’s a lot better than not riding & the weekend experience of it was the highlight.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    XJR1300/EC250/SRX600/TLR250/MuZ660/KLX45
    Wot he Said - Twice

Bike
    Blog Entries
    With Tussock Buster cancelled we needed a consolation. Trail and Track weekend then.

Shit what an awesome setup. Much easier in the dry but it was still fun slinging through the s's. Back home totally spent. Outrageous value for money.

Bike
    various
    Blog Entries
    We compiled all tracks in NZ in one list. Only tracks not included are Club MX Tracks that are not open on regular basis (some of them only when there is a MX, some one or two practice days/month).

Here (there is quite a few...): https://www.mxvinny.com/mx-training-tracks

I have this plan of doing them all and writing a review... --- but that will have to wait until tomorrow...

May the bridges I burn light the way.

Follow Vinny's MX racing on www.mxvinny.com

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    With Tussock Buster cancelled we needed a consolation. Trail and Track weekend then.

Shit what an awesome setup. Much easier in the dry but it was still fun slinging through the s's. Back home totally spent. Outrageous value for money.
    Well again with Buster cancelled we booked for T&T. Only to fall foul of level 4.

But last weekend the first free, 8 of us went to stay. Friggin awesome. There was some riding too I seem to recall.
    Actually it got pretty slippery Sunday after a bit of rain, but Saturday was great.

Thread Information