Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another noob

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Philip from Riderskills. Best of the best.
    +1 and he's close to Kumeu too!

Bike
    2019 Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    This website might be useful - Bike Ergonomics. Put in your dimensions and see how you'd fit on the bike. Just be aware that it's a UK site so some models may not be shown because they're not sold there.

If you think you'd be comfortable on it, then go and try it for real in a dealer's showroom. I'd suggest that if you can't flat foot the bike when you're sitting on it, then that adds a challenge when learning to ride.
    Very cool site, thanks. CMX500 isn’t there but was able to check my dimensions on a couple of other bikes I’ve been looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    Some seriously good advice in the above posts. Be prepared to spend on gear, this might be worth having a look at as well: https: RideForever - bike and gear
    Thanks. Fully intend to get good gear. My initial comment above was really just about what sort of extras I might be able to get if I paid cash up front for something new. Having never purchased a bike before, I don’t know what the norm is in terms of negotiating etc. I’ve heard dealers are unlikely to negotiate on the advertised bike price.
    “He who will not reason is a bigot; he who cannot is a fool; and he who dares not is a slave.”

Bike
    MT-07
    red baron will offer 500 on gear or free on road costs on second hand learner bikes, most dealers will do the same just ask. If you buy your bike from a dealer they will deliver it for you as i did not want to drive mine home either after i bought it, I'd only riden a bike on the basic skills and jumping on a 650 with an audience had disaster written all over it..

Bike
    2019 Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Murrayafc View Post
    ... I'd only riden a bike on the basic skills and jumping on a 650 with an audience had disaster written all over it..
    Haha yeah I hear ya.
    “He who will not reason is a bigot; he who cannot is a fool; and he who dares not is a slave.”

Thread Information