Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tt2000 2019

Bike
    R100GSPD
    in the work arounds above i did the one to downgrade map install...it seems to work in that i have got a normal looking map and it calculates a route on my nuvi,albeit not the exact route i had plotted.

Bike
    BMW R1200RT 2014
    Mine updated before I read this message but my maps are reasonably up to date and hopefully Garmin will fix their issue quickly. If not will most likely stick with the maps installed and just update the speed cameras and transfer over the points and routes a week before hand.
    Now if only I could find those damn mystery points. Tough ones this year if you don't live in the South Island. I am sure I have passed by at least two of them but can't remember where. Even been looking back through some of my older videos

Bike
    2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250
    The app for iOS is now live in the store. I missed updating the point requirements so that is currently going through review and hopefully should be sorted soon.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Bike
    2001 BMW F650GS Dakar
    Quote Originally Posted by sir.taz View Post
    The app for iOS is now live in the store. I missed updating the point requirements so that is currently going through review and hopefully should be sorted soon.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Goodonya, sir.taz....

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by veldthui View Post
    Mine updated before I read this message but my maps are reasonably up to date and hopefully Garmin will fix their issue quickly. If not will most likely stick with the maps installed and just update the speed cameras and transfer over the points and routes a week before hand.
    Now if only I could find those damn mystery points. Tough ones this year if you don't live in the South Island. I am sure I have passed by at least two of them but can't remember where. Even been looking back through some of my older videos
    yes i have NO IDEA where the mystery CP are.I dont need the points but i am close for ks.Dya reckon 600 odd ks is to far for sunday???

Bike
    2001 BMW F650GS Dakar
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    ... Dya reckon 600 odd ks is to far for sunday???
    Depends on when you start the day really but 600km does seem a bit much. I plan on a 700km Friday (10hrs max.) and a 1,000km Saturday (16hrs max.), leaving just 300kms for the Sunday morning.

YMMV... (in fact it will...) .

Bike
    BMW R1200RT 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    yes i have NO IDEA where the mystery CP are.I dont need the points but i am close for ks.Dya reckon 600 odd ks is to far for sunday???
    I don't need them for the points either but would like to get at least 1 of them. My km is very close as well and only have about 60km extra at present. I have about 800km for Sunday but that includes the ride back from Christchurch to Picton to catch the ferry afterwards.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by veldthui View Post
    I know for certain where two are. The others will be found soon. I played a few of the TAG games on here ... cunning and guesswork is all you need to find them. Google maps street-view helps ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by wpoll View Post
    Depends on when you start the day really but 600km does seem a bit much. I plan on a 700km Friday (10hrs max.) and a 1,000km Saturday (16hrs max.), leaving just 300kms for the Sunday morning.

YMMV... (in fact it will...) .
    i may rejig things a bit but starting at midday means i have maybe underestimated daylight .maybe i can get a nother 200 k in on friday.it wont get properly dark till 9 ish i guess

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PistonBlown View Post
    Frasers dam by the look of it will be fine if I keep it slow as the surface looks like clay or similar. If wet then I agree not a good idea, I'd just go sliding sideways on a corner and it will be game over. That's going to be true of some of the other adventure ones as well.
    The vid ended about half way to the dam. It varies between rock and clay. Sometimes one ... sometimes the other, Sometimes a bit of both. It is often washed out completely after spring and early summer rain. The clay is hard packed but VERY slippery when it's wet ... as in NO traction whatsoever.

However ... I will be in that area in January ... and will check out the road then. Will post a report in this thread if nobody else has.

Bike
    2011, Can-am Spyder RS
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    The vid ended about half way to the dam. It varies between rock and clay. Sometimes one ... sometimes the other, Sometimes a bit of both. It is often washed out completely after spring and early summer rain. The clay is hard packed but VERY slippery when it's wet ... as in NO traction whatsoever.

However ... I will be in that area in January ... and will check out the road then. Will post a report in this thread if nobody else has.
    Thanks for that, I will be checking it out later this year along with some other adv ones just to make sure they are doable but will be really good to get an update closer the time.

Bike
    2011, Can-am Spyder RS
    Blog Entries
    For those looking for the Mystery checkpoints just to mention that Mystery 2 is NOT the red bulldozer in a playground in Roxburgh even though it looks the same. I thought I'd save people making the same mistake as me if they also had a daughter who was also obsessed with playgrounds when younger:-)

Bike
    Concours 14, S10

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    For those looking for the Mystery checkpoints just to mention that Mystery 2 is NOT the red bulldozer in a playground in Roxburgh even though it looks the same. I thought I'd save people making the same mistake as me if they also had a daughter who was also obsessed with playgrounds when younger:-)
    I know it's quite a lot further WEST than that ...

But the red/blue stock trucks gave the location away ...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for that, I will be checking it out later this year along with some other adv ones just to make sure they are doable but will be really good to get an update closer the time.
    There is three sections to that road ... the middle section is through a couple of narrow gullys. They often get washed out. The last section is flatter and usually pretty good'ish ...

There is an alternate route in from the Bannockburn/Clyde pylon track (around the dams lake). 4WD only (or dirt bike) route. It is shown on Google maps Sat view.

Thread Information