Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Tt2000 2019

Bike
    Concours 14, S10
    Quote Originally Posted by Racing Dave View Post
    Better ask more nicely - nothing's changed yet...

Further, while in the area, I checked out the Alexandra ADV Flyer at Fraser Dam. As Wayne says in the notes, the road is narrow and rutted and particularly the last km would be dodgy if it was wet. There are a couple of traps for the unwary, as far as navigation goes, once on Fraser Dam Road. That is, about halfway up, the 'main' track appears to bear left at a Y-junction. Don't be fooled; that's access for an earth-moving project up the hill; bear right. Finally, when the dam itself hoves into view, again the 'main' track appears to bear left. That's access to elsewhere; once more, bear right.

Disclaimer; the T-shirt in the photos is not 2019's one; I was just doing a realistic trial for timing purposes.

Roll on February...
    Thanks for this. Currently on my route and possibly for when lights are required...

Bike
    R1200GS Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by banditrider View Post
    Thanks for this. Currently on my route and possibly for when lights are required...
    Me, too. See you in the dust...

Bike
    2022 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited FLHTK
    Might be worth adding 15 mins delay on route between Moana CP and Lyndon CP . The end date on this alert is 28 Feb
    https://www.journeys.nzta.govt.nz/ca...-update/718906

Bike
    2011, Can-am Spyder RS
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairymcsweary View Post
    Might be worth adding 15 mins delay on route between Moana CP and Lyndon CP . The end date on this alert is 28 Feb
    https://www.journeys.nzta.govt.nz/ca...-update/718906
    Been through that a few times recently. They have got two or three sets traffic lights. The lights count down to tell you how long you've got to wait in minutes- though when it goes from 1 to blank you still have a minute to wait which is a bit confusing. When I did it last there was one where the water shoot is over the road and another a little further westwards. Unfortunately they don't seem to be sync'd so you get through one and hit the next with a several minutes displaying. The main issue is going up hill (i.e. west to east) as the trucks really labour to get going when the light turns green.

Bike
    2001 BMW F650GS Dakar

Exclamation Molesworth Road Closed....

For anyone planing to take the Molesworth Road to or from the TT, it has just been closed due to extreme fire danger. I wouldn't bet on it opening before the rally, although you never know...

Bike
    R100GSPD
    is there a "results" list.I would beinterested in the basic statistics acheived, ie ks,checkpoints etc....Gonna try to get to the next one!

Bike
    2001 BMW F650GS Dakar
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    is there a "results" list.I would beinterested in the basic statistics acheived, ie ks,checkpoints etc....Gonna try to get to the next one!
    Sorry but the results are only circulated to those that took part in the event. If you know anyone that rode, they may choose to share their results with you...

What I can say is that 166 riders started, 155 riders finished - a total of around 7,500 hours of riding and over 320,000kms travelled. Five riders achieve maximum points and the furthest distance ridden was 2,846kms.

I think every rider also got wet at some point and I reckon I saw at least 155 grinning faces at the finish. Well done to all 2019 TT2000 riders!!

Bike
    Street Triple R + Yamaha R3
    I've my fingers and toes crossed that there's a North Island leg again next year. I'd really like to take part in this.

For the past few months now, I've been considering doing my own private run just for the hell of it using the previous North Island checkpoints.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bike
    2001 BMW F650GS Dakar
    Yes....

Bike
    2008 Yamaha FZ1
    Yes, another great ride this year, with all four seasons of weather bundled in at some point.
    We quite often use unused checkpoints as destinations for Easter and weekend trips.
    We noticed that this year a lot more riders than usual used the four hour time buffer to finish.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by wpoll View Post
    Sorry but the results are only circulated to those that took part in the event. If you know anyone that rode, they may choose to share their results with you...

What I can say is that 166 riders started, 155 riders finished - a total of around 7,500 hours of riding and over 320,000kms travelled. Five riders achieve maximum points and the furthest distance ridden was 2,846kms.

I think every rider also got wet at some point and I reckon I saw at least 155 grinning faces at the finish. Well done to all 2019 TT2000 riders!!
    Can you explain what "maximum" points mean,Surely that doesnt mean every single checkpoint !?.

Bike
    2001 BMW F650GS Dakar
    Can you explain what "maximum" points mean,Surely that doesnt mean every single checkpoint !?.
    Hmm.. let me check...

maximum - noun - (def.) the greatest amount, extent, or intensity possible, permitted, or recorded.

Yep - like I thought.

In this case, 300,000 points or every checkpoint!

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by wpoll View Post
    Hmm.. let me check...

maximum - noun - (def.) the greatest amount, extent, or intensity possible, permitted, or recorded.

Yep - like I thought.

In this case, 300,000 points or every checkpoint!

wow!

Bike
    2011, Can-am Spyder RS
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Emptywallet View Post
    Yes, another great ride this year, with all four seasons of weather bundled in at some point.
    We quite often use unused checkpoints as destinations for Easter and weekend trips.
    We noticed that this year a lot more riders than usual used the four hour time buffer to finish.
    I think the weather probably had a lot to do with people using the buffer this year. I stayed in Havelock Sun night and when I got up at 3:30am I had planned to do all remaining checkpoints down to the finish and get in just before midday. However with the weather as it was at that end of the island I decided to just do the mandatory ones on the way down. Even then I didn't get to the finish until 9:50am and had a few heart thumpers with aquaplaning on the way. I suspect if I had kept with my original plan it would have been at least 2pm before I finished in that weather.

Had some great new roads that I'd not done before which is always a treat; and I managed, through having a very weird route, to avoid SH1 between Ashburton and Christchurch. That bit of road is my nemesis - and accounts for most of my speeding points when I get impatient:-)

Bike
    2011, Can-am Spyder RS
    Blog Entries
    The great thing about the TT2000 is that, beyond the minimums required, you set your own targets as well as your own route.

So I don't think its any secret that the some riders cover the minimums and perhaps a little more. Most of these will be newbies, but others are regular TT'ers that enjoy those challenges each time. Even meeting those minimums there is a huge lot of different routes and approaches you can come up with.

You then get some regular riders who set the additional targets for themselves. For example this year it may have been all mandatory checkpoints plus all adventure ones, or perhaps just getting a higher score or more km's than last year. To take it further perhaps all the checkpoints (as 5 did).

One more thing. Every year Wayne makes changes to the 'rules' e.g. this year some checkpoints were mandatory. So that always adds something different and special to route planning.

Thread Information