Thread: where to buy exhaust bends

Bike
    xt660r

where to buy exhaust bends

Hi guys.

I'm looking for a place to get some mild steel exhaust bends, 32mm OD. (to repair a butchered bike exhaust).

probably after say a 90 deg and a 180 deg, to chop up and re-model

car places seem to mostly do stainless steel, and steel & tube also only list SS.

anywhere in the waikato would be fine, as i'm happy to go for a trundle to pick things up

any ideas would be great if somebody has place they get bits from

cheers.

Bike
    suzuki
    http://www.chase.co.nz/ there's one in the tron

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries

Bike
    xt660r
    hmm, i've seen chase.co.nz before, they don't seem very good at emails, so i'll have to go and have a look.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by neil. View Post
    hmm, i've seen chase.co.nz before, they don't seem very good at emails, so i'll have to go and have a look.
    Their primary market is automotive replacement stuff. Those customers ring, ask if they've got it and put it on the account.
    The branches from what I've seen do very little business by email. It's not the norm for that industry. Probably never will be.
    They carry a lot of bends - and are cheaper than Autobend in my experience. Get off your arse and go to them.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Their primary market is automotive replacement stuff. Those customers ring, ask if they've got it and put it on the account.
    The branches from what I've seen do very little business by email. It's not the norm for that industry. Probably never will be.
    They carry a lot of bends - and are cheaper than Autobend in my experience. Get off your arse and go to them.
    Ring? you must be old. even the leader of free world does not do that.

However he phone is much better tool than email, as you get an immediate response, and often you can put people on the spot for an

answer.

I do get a tad annoyed when I'm in the shop as an actual customer and they keep me waiting by answering the phone....

Phone call followed by confirmation email works for me, not sure about Chase, who are just down the road from me and good place to get

bends. like the Kombi one with several bends in one piece.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Thread Information