Thread: Full Decal set application help....is there anyone doing it?

Bike
    2008 KTM 690 SM

Full Decal set application help....is there anyone doing it?

I have bought a complete set of bodywork decals for my 690 SM. After watching many videos showing how to do it I have decided as a first time this bike is a no-no for me. Does anyone provide this service? There are a few car decal applicators out there but seem to provide the service in-house (i.e. provide the decals and lay them down). My set is a very good quality set (3M adhesive backing) and very comprehensive. I wouldn't want to botch it. Thanks

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by cpine View Post
    I have bought a complete set of bodywork decals for my 690 SM. After watching many videos showing how to do it I have decided as a first time this bike is a no-no for me. Does anyone provide this service? There are a few car decal applicators out there but seem to provide the service in-house (i.e. provide the decals and lay them down). My set is a very good quality set (3M adhesive backing) and very comprehensive. I wouldn't want to botch it. Thanks
    Get a sign writer who does sick on graphics to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Honda Foreman, now
    Sick on graphics = Technicolor yawn

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpine View Post
    Not hard really. Get a spray bottle with water and some methelated spirits in it.

Clean and dewax the panel. Have the panel and the sticker warm. spray the panel, peel it on. The spray keeps it loose and moveable until you squeegee it out with a credit card or like, carefully.

Bike
    2009 ST1300
    I used a light mist with water with a touch of detergent to allow the adhesive to be correctly positioned. You can use masking tape to set up some guidance points as well.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Did you get that sorted? There's a guy down the road in the Hutt who did the Telefonica kit on a mates NSR. Done some clear cover on my shaped sidecovers and tank. Can't see it.
    Simon, can't remember his business name but I have a number.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    R1, GSXR1000, VFR800, GB500. NSR250
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Did you get that sorted? There's a guy down the road in the Hutt who did the Telefonica kit on a mates NSR. Done some clear cover on my shaped sidecovers and tank. Can't see it.
    Simon, can't remember his business name but I have a number.
    Simon Kyne - autostripes

Good job he does

Thread Information