Page 60 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 LastLast

Thread: Free speech.

Bike
    Blade '12
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    That was a great interview - JBP was spitting some serious fire in that one.
    Have you seen his latest one? A heavy duty couple.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by carbonhed View Post
    Have you seen his latest one? A heavy duty couple.
    Yep - I really enjoyed the Generals take - it reminds me somewhat of "Service Guarantees Citizenship" from Starship Troopers, but without the negative implications. I have often wondered about some form of mandatory community service - especially if we look at the Nordic countries - with compulsory Military Service - they don't do too bad. I think the most interesting thing, however, was when he talked about redefining what service to your community means, and that it should be expanded from the current Military/Law Enforcement/Fire service etc. definitions. He made mention of several 'Green' initiatives, as well as initiatives that would be the traditional domain of the Left - so that everyone, regardless of their leaning can do something that they believe in, for the community.

Basically, you get young adults to contribute something to Society, which then means they are invested in the wellbeing of that society as they have made an active contribution.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Blade '12
    Yep - I really enjoyed the Generals take - it reminds me somewhat of "Service Guarantees Citizenship" from Starship Troopers, but without the negative implications. I have often wondered about some form of mandatory community service - especially if we look at the Nordic countries - with compulsory Military Service - they don't do too bad. I think the most interesting thing, however, was when he talked about redefining what service to your community means, and that it should be expanded from the current Military/Law Enforcement/Fire service etc. definitions. He made mention of several 'Green' initiatives, as well as initiatives that would be the traditional domain of the Left - so that everyone, regardless of their leaning can do something that they believe in, for the community.

Basically, you get young adults to contribute something to Society, which then means they are invested in the wellbeing of that society as they have made an active contribution.
    Wasn't Starship Troopers considered a homage to fascism? Not sure we need comparisons like that

I think the idea has great merit but you just know some snowflakes going to get a splinter and burst into tears... then there will be inquiries... then their Mummies won't let them outside.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by carbonhed View Post
    Wasn't Starship Troopers considered a homage to fascism? Not sure we need comparisons like that

I think the idea has great merit but you just know some snowflakes going to get a splinter and burst into tears... then there will be inquiries... then their Mummies won't let them outside.
    Sargon did a brilliant video on it - where he compares the movie Starship Troopers to the writtings of the Fascist philosophers:

The TL;DR version of it - it's not as Fascist as it appears.

Bike
    bandit
    Sargon did a brilliant video on it - where he compares the movie Starship Troopers to the writtings of the Fascist philosophers:

The TL;DR version of it - it's not as Fascist as it appears.
    That's not hard to do - the original Heinlein book can appear to support hard right and fascist Governments.
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    That's not hard to do - the original Heinlein book can appear to support hard right and fascist Governments.
    I think the clear differentiation was that in both the Heinlein book and the Movie - the State isn't a Moral agent - which is a key component of the Fascist ideology.

But to be fair - I can't remember if I've read the book or not (or have read derived works from it).

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    I think the clear differentiation was that in both the Heinlein book and the Movie - the State isn't a Moral agent - which is a key component of the Fascist ideology.
    Never seen the movie, but it's a mater of record that Heinlein was a life long, card carrying libertarian.

One of his more famous quotes relates that an honest politician is one that stays bought.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure

Also...

"Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors. And miss."

Robert A Heinlein

Bike
    Sold

The new world is already different from the old apparently?

Christianity is now a "hate crime" in Scotland!!!

https://twitter.com/DeepStateExpose/...20512565571584

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    I see that Facebook and Instagram have permentently banned Steven Yaxley - Lennon alias Tommy Robinson alias...
    Twitter have already banned him for hate speech, promoting violence etc.

Another banning that brought me joy today was that of Jacob Wohl, now banned by Twitter. He was a young Trump supporter, completely full of shit. He once put out notice of a big media event. He had a woman who was to charge Bob Mueller, the Special Counsel investigating Trump for conspiracy, with sexual assault. Some press went, but surprise! There was no woman.

He posted many tweets that started out, "I overheard a conversation in a hipster coffee shop..." These conversations were always favourable to Trump. Wohl had a security company with a web site, the photos of the staff were apparently all taken from a stock photo site or similar. IIRC if you rang the after hours phone number it went to his mum's answer phone.

Apparently he went on a TV show recently and boasted about creating a botnet. Twitter checked and found he had multiple accounts which breaches their rules. Jacob was gone.

Actually Jacob hadn't bothered me much of late. He had blocked me so I was spared seeing his nonsense.

But, of course, all of this has very little to do with free speech or silencing conservatives, although I'm sure such matters will be raised.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    I see that Facebook and Instagram have permentently banned Steven Yaxley - Lennon alias Tommy Robinson alias...
    Twitter have already banned him for hate speech, promoting violence etc.

Another banning that brought me joy today was that of Jacob Wohl, now banned by Twitter. He was a young Trump supporter, completely full of shit. He once put out notice of a big media event. He had a woman who was to charge Bob Mueller, the Special Counsel investigating Trump for conspiracy, with sexual assault. Some press went, but surprise! There was no woman.

He posted many tweets that started out, "I overheard a conversation in a hipster coffee shop..." These conversations were always favourable to Trump. Wohl had a security company with a web site, the photos of the staff were apparently all taken from a stock photo site or similar. IIRC if you rang the after hours phone number it went to his mum's answer phone.

Apparently he went on a TV show recently and boasted about creating a botnet. Twitter checked and found he had multiple accounts which breaches their rules. Jacob was gone.

Actually Jacob hadn't bothered me much of late. He had blocked me so I was spared seeing his nonsense.

But, of course, all of this has very little to do with free speech or silencing conservatives, although I'm sure such matters will be raised.
    The way i see it Free speech doesn't include the right to profit of making up shit and passing it off as being truthful.
    Far to many on the net are doing just that,feeding of the stupid people who are taken in much like the Church's and evangelists like Brian Tamaiki.
    Or the dickheads who watched yanxley or Alex Jones or Peterson.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    I've got $10 that says if I was to go onto Facebook, I'd find any number of radical, Communist groups.

I see Peace Action Wellington still exist on Facebook.

I guess Bomb Threats don't count...

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    The rabid left is rapidly developing the habit of taking offence to any facts they find don't fit their ever narrowing world view...

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/111...coulls-shelves

Only to have to walk it back when the facts remain stubbornly uneditable.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    The rabid left is rapidly developing the habit of taking offence to any facts they find don't fit their ever narrowing world view...

Don't worry, they're fighting back...

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/111...ent-moderation

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post

So now you are sunken to the the level of posting non stories.
    Someone tried to suggest it wasnt on sale in NZ last week a quick check showed it was.
    I guess you have an issue with this as well
    https://www.abc.net.au/radio/program...moved/10939994

Brought about by that rabid left wing commie from the er Australian Liberal party (ie their more successful version of a right party)
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Thread Information