Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are so many race bikes non compliant with the numbers rule?

Bike
    BSA A10
    Spyda when MNZ allow an entire class to have non complying numbers then I'd be pointing the finger at them, they didn't care enough about there own rules to make sure they are followed
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPPA View Post
    Show me a picture of a bike you consider has legal numbers as an example
    there's plenty of people doing it right, but it's the ones who don't even pick up the rule book and try at all, like two numbers for a start that are just taking the piss. What entertains me the most Sloan is the quality of work from signwriters. Surely they should be asking what the rules are for a competition class, that's not rocket science, or, does the signwriters association have links to these, it is their job after all...
    mind you judging with the workmanship i come across almost on a daily basis it's par for the course in this country nowadays.

here's a couple of shots taken over the last month
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	legal numbers nahh.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	298.0 KB 
ID:	338424   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	legal numberxs.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	338425  

Bike
    moped
    71 !!! you should know better .

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    Surely they should be asking what the rules are for a competition class
    Why?
    They do the job the customer requests, if the customer doesn't give them the correct info it's not the signwriters fault or his job to hunt for it
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Why?
    They do the job the customer requests, if the customer doesn't give them the correct info it's not the signwriters fault or his job to hunt for it
    i tend to disagree with you to a certain extent.
    i'm a tradesman, people come to me for my knowledge on product, applications, durability, sizing, adherance to the laws of the land etc, i'd expect a signwriter to at least ask the question, whether the customer wants to abide by them or not is the next step.

Bike
    BMW
    Neither of those are compliant Spyda. Try again

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    As much as I hate to admit the Aussies might have something right, take a page out of their book, they are tough bastards - don't comply, put your bike on the trailer and fuck off home.
    That need only be done once to all non compliants at a single meeting and they would quick smart be bought into line.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    As much as I hate to admit the Aussies might have something right, take a page out of their book, they are tough bastards - don't comply, put your bike on the trailer and fuck off home.
    That need only be done once to all non compliants at a single meeting and they would quick smart be bought into line.
    You'd need to pre- advertise that was going to happen. And state firmly that no refunds of pre-paid entries would be made.....

How many clubs in NZ have the balls for that ? And when someone protests and takes it to MNZ ? Anyone think they'd back you up ?

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    You'd need to pre- advertise that was going to happen. And state firmly that no refunds of pre-paid entries would be made.....

How many clubs in NZ have the balls for that ? And when someone protests and takes it to MNZ ? Anyone think they'd back you up ?
    10.2a Number digits to be of a BOLD type, and as large as practicable – 140mm
    MINIMUM height, and must be separate (i.e. not overlapping) legibility of
    numbers to be decided by the Technical Steward – if they are NOT legible
    from 20mtrs ride by, rider will be directed to re-do the number in a legible,
    legal form, and will not compete until his/her numbers comply.

Bike
    suzuki
    Neither of those are compliant Spyda. Try again
    never said they were, one is diabolical , the other shows there is on a modern superbike the real estate to comply easily. Riders expect to turn up at as meeting and the club/organisation has the tools to run the meeting, why don't they supply the tools for the organisation to run it for them, by tools i mean numbers that are workable.

Bike
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    never said they were, one is diabolical , the other shows there is on a modern superbike the real estate to comply easily. Riders expect to turn up at as meeting and the club/organisation has the tools to run the meeting, why don't they supply the tools for the organisation to run it for them, by tools i mean numbers that are workable.
    I asked you to show me some examples of numbers on bikes that fully comply

Bike
    Exercycle
    I asked you to show me some examples of numbers on bikes that fully comply
    Why ? Are you gathering material for a rule change ? If I cared to, I could take pics of compliant numbers at any Classic or Post Classic meeting.
    AFAIK, there's nothing stopping you from adding number boards.

Bike
    a red heap
    I'm guessing Chop is just being difficult because he (along with the rest of us youngsters), knows that you cannot fit the mininum sized required number board shapes to the oem bodywork of a modern sports bike.

Somebody needs to supply a remit for a rule change (not me, i couldnt give a fuck, there's plenty of room on my sidecar), or just fit old school number boards like the old bloke who used to race the k6 gsxr600 did.

Bike
    whatever I can get running - dirt/track/
    Quote Originally Posted by rustys View Post
    It all comes back to the riders reading the dam rules and understanding them, education. Very hard for some though.
    Doesn't every rider get a new copy of the rule book every year when they renew their license? The first job of a racer is to read the rules. You can't apply them (or figure out a clever but legal way to get around them) if you don't read them.

If you are given a copy of the rule book, you've no one to blame when you are sent back to your pits from the tech inspection because you/your bike does not comply with the rules. It doesn't matter if you didn't bother to read it or you just decided you were too important to have to follow the rules, it is your problem.

I find it pretty annoying to go to the effort of complying with what are at times somewhat dumb rules and then see someone on the track that didn't bother and the tech inspectors let them through anyway. If you don't like a rule, submit a rule proposal and try to get it changed. But until it is changed you need to follow the rules like everyone else.

cheers,
    Michael

Bike
    husaberg
    Transponders have made numbers more or less obsolete when it comes to the MNZ rules relating to legibility.
    Bikes such as the R1 and gizzer dont have the real estate to fit legal sized numbers.

Moto GP bies dont even have rear numbers now hence the tiny tails so fashionable atm
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Thread Information