Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Speeduino 2T EFI Project

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Trigger angle is the most important setting to get right.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trigger Angle (Deg).png 
Views:	84 
Size:	403.3 KB 
ID:	347042

With the piston at TDC (top dead center). Use a protractor to count the number of degrees from the falling edge of number one tooth that follows the "Gap" to just past the center of the hall sensor / trigger coil.

Name:	Ignition MAP.png 
Views:	68 
Size:	381.4 KB 
ID:	347043

I would definitely use TPS not MAP for the ignition.

Name:	Calibrations.png 
Views:	59 
Size:	377.1 KB 
ID:	347044

Correct calibrations are a must too.

Name:	VE Table.png 
Views:	73 
Size:	369.7 KB 
ID:	347045 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Required Fuel.png 
Views:	53 
Size:	483.4 KB 
ID:	347051

The cell entry's in a TPS/RPM (Alpha-N) Map represent the % percentage of your 2.5ms setting in the Required Fuel Calculator in your Engine Constants. So a cell with a 100 means 100% of 2.5ms injector time is required by that cell.

The maximum cell entry allowed is 255. That is 2.5 times the calculated "Required Fuel Calculation".

Bike
    KTM 125 exc 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MDJGyurgeiz View Post
    I made the whole configuration by putting together your advice and a first configuration that I did. can you give a final check to the project that I am attaching to you and modify or tell me what you don't like?Attachment 347032
    Hello. I don't know if you managed to see my latest tunerstudio project that I have attached to you above, however I wanted to ask you what you think of these advance curves that I am attaching to you. I found them on the internet and they correspond to a variable advance CDI kit for my KTM 125. which do you think is the best of these to use by copying the in the tunerstudio project? last question, what afr value do you recommend to use in tunerstudio?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pvl-13.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	347046   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pvl-13 (1).jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	56.9 KB 
ID:	347047   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pvl-13 (2).jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	347048   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pvl-13 (3).jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	347049   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20200828-WA0027.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	347050  

Bike

https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/s...tuner/page2000
    Name:  pvl-13.jpg
Views: 673
Size:  2.3 KB
    Start here with 18 - 20 deg.

Massive advance that works on full throttle will promote detonation and engine damage on semi closed throttle.

Beware..... four stroke thinking, while you are tuning a two stroke, will get you into real trouble.

Use the Google "site:" option to search this thread to understand more about two stroke tuning.

https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/86554-ESE-s-works-engine-tuner

Bike
    KTM 125 exc 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post

https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/s...tuner/page2000
    Name:  pvl-13.jpg
Views: 673
Size:  2.3 KB
    Start here with 18 - 20 deg.

Massive advance that works on full throttle will promote detonation and engine damage on semi closed throttle.

Beware..... four stroke thinking, while you are tuning a two stroke, will get you into real trouble.

Use the Google "site:" option to search this thread to understand more about two stroke tuning.

https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/86554-ESE-s-works-engine-tuner

finally after a long time and thanks to your help, I was able to start the bike

https://youtu.be/KRvxEpjPV10
    https://youtu.be/CSclGFfqEno
    https://youtu.be/YMk_75FsPNY

Bike

To change the scale on the face of a gauge.

Name:	Step 1.png 
Views:	49 
Size:	425.5 KB 
ID:	347061Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Step 2.png 
Views:	42 
Size:	444.0 KB 
ID:	347060Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Step 3.png 
Views:	38 
Size:	444.1 KB 
ID:	347059Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Step 4.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	473.6 KB 
ID:	347058Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Step 5.png 
Views:	42 
Size:	443.9 KB 
ID:	347062

Step 1: click on the gauge.
    Step 2: click "Designer Mode"
    Step 3: click "Dashboard Designer"
    Step 4: click "Properties Dialog" and make your changes to the scale and limits.
    Step 5: Un click "Designer Mode.

Bike
    Great work. I am very impressed......

Bike
    KTM 125 exc 2006
    I succeeded because I have passion and am skilled in the electronic field, but you have given me a good hand to solve my doubts and you have dedicated your time to help me. I am immensely grateful to you

Bike
    KTM 125 exc 2006
    question. do you think it is possible to insert an egt probe and a knock sensor to the engine to manage, for example, a leaning of the carburetion with the egt probe and the ignition advance table with the knock sensor?

Bike
    question. do you think it is possible to insert an egt probe and a knock sensor to the engine to manage, for example, a leaning of the carburetion with the egt probe and the ignition advance table with the knock sensor?
    A knock sensor would be very useful if it retarded the ignition and/or enriched the mixture to quell detonation. I use one to retard the ignition when necessary.

A temperature sensor for sensing detonation or lean mixture is problematic in a two stroke. Detonation increases head temperature and reduces exhaust gas temperature. So when the exhaust temperature goes down. The question is, is it rich and needs further leaning out or is it really lean and detonating? The sensor would not know.

If you are brave you could use an Arduino (Nano would be my pick) to watch the head temp, exhaust temp and look for detonation. The Arduino could interpolate the results and adjust the mixture. Maybe by adding an offset to the Baro reading.

Bike
    Another step forward in getting a clean swap between small and big injectors with staged injection.

Initially with my changes to the code in "STAGING_MODE_AUTO" I could get it to swap. But was troubled with fluttering between the big and small injectors. Now I have some hysterias built in. Once the small injector has swapped over to the big one, in my code the fuel demand has to drop 10% before it swaps back.

I also had to add some adjustment to "inj_openTime_us" to balance the initial fuel dribble from the big injector with the small one so as they both delivered the same amount of fuel for a given pulse width.

Name:	2020-09-23 (11).png 
Views:	59 
Size:	123.4 KB 
ID:	347316

Small injector, Green line. Large injectors Yellow line.

The AFR lower Yellow line stays consistent for the same VE as the injectors swap. I had to adjust the "inj_openTime_us" to get a smooth transition.

Name:	Screenshot (383).png 
Views:	58 
Size:	134.1 KB 
ID:	347317

Bike
    My final code changes in the Speeduino main block of code that have the staged injection swapping cleanly from the primary injector to the secondary injectors with some built in hysteresis to inhibit fluttering between injectors.

//.............................................. Rob2
    //uint32_t inj_openThistime_uS = 0;
    //uint32_t PWlastTime = 0; //
    //uint32_t PWthisTime = 0; // these need to be coppied into the definition area near the top of the page.

else if(configPage10.stagingMode == STAGING_MODE_AUTO)
    {
    currentStatus.PW1 = tempPW1;
    if(tempPW1 > pwLimit ){PWlastTime = (tempPW1 * 0.9); PWthisTime = tempPW1;}// tempPW3 has to drop 10% to avoid unwanted short term jumping between two states (ie; small and big injectors) - hysteresis
    //If automatic mode, the primary injectors are used all the way up to their limit (Configured by the pulsewidth limit setting)
    //If they exceed their limit, the whole duty is passed onto the secondaries

if(PWthisTime > PWlastTime)
    {
    uint32_t extraPW = tempPW1; //The open time must be added below because tempPW1 does not include an open time.
    currentStatus.PW1 = 0; // Completely turn off the primary injector.
    currentStatus.PW3 = ((extraPW * staged_req_fuel_mult_sec) / staged_req_fuel_mult_pri); //Swap to the secondary injector and convert the fuel amount from primary injector scaling to secondary
    inj_openThistime_uS = (inj_opentime_uS * 0.5);
    currentStatus.PW3 += inj_openThistime_uS; // adjustment of inj_opentime_uS because there are two injectors fired together as one logical injector. This value may need adjusting.
    PWthisTime = tempPW1;
    }
    else { currentStatus.PW3 = 0; PWthisTime = 0;} //If tempPW1 and tempPW3 < pwLImit it means that the entire fuel load can be handled by the primaries. Simply set the secondaries to 0
    }
    //................................................ Rob2

Bike
    1997 Yamaha rd 350

Minimalistic ECU

May be a bit offtopic?

I have other simple idea - want to share. May be someone will implement or help me to implement. I believe it is possible create simplest ECU which will calculate injection duration and ignition angle based only on rpm. No other sensors. Small tune can be performed by mechanical fuel pressure regulator. In future it can be separate board which regulate fuel pressure by simple circuit board (themperature and barometric corrections). I would be happy to find someone who can help me in electronics to do this joint project from the scratch and will do all mechanical stuff and testing.

Possible make fuel table by throttle angle (instead of rpm) if it simpler...

In this case processor should perform 1000th times fewer calculations will be cheap and reliable.

Bike
    KR-1S, KR1-SV, KXR500, ZXR 4/600
    simpelest and probably cheapest programmable ignition based on only rpm, only requires an Arduino Nano, an IBGT and a simple voltage regulator :

http://loutrel.org/aeduino.php (sorry, only in french )

someone who knows arduino-stuff can probably easily do the same for injection.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by JanBros View Post
    simpelest and probably cheapest programmable ignition based on only rpm, only requires an Arduino Nano, an IBGT and a simple voltage regulator : someone who knows arduino-stuff can probably easily do the same for injection.
    I would not want to do it but, yes probably quite simple(ish) using the Alpha-N fuel mapping topology. The open source, freely available Speeduino firmware for the Arduino Mega could even be stripped down to basics for the Nano. They both have the same processor speed. The Nano just has less IO. A disadvantage would be that the Speeduino runs inductive ignition coil(s) instead of CDI but there would be a way around that too.

Bike
    After trying my code changes I discovered a flaw .........

I have been trying to get the staged injection to cut cleanly between the primary (Inj - 1) and the secondary injectors (Inj - 2).

This it can do and after building in some hysterias it does this without fluttering between primary and secondary injectors.

And I could get it to run nicely at the low end on the primary injector and ok at the top end on the secondary injectors.

But the problem is I could not get it to swap cleanly from the Inj-1 region to the Inj-2 area.

By changing the allowed "Duty Cycle" I could force Inj-1 or Inj-2 to try and run in the region in the middle.

But no amount of fuel mapping trickery. Fiddling with the logical injector sizing or alteration of the injector dead times helped.

Name:	Alpha-N Map.png 
Views:	55 
Size:	328.5 KB 
ID:	347490
    As it turns out the issue seems to be in the original Speeduino code. The code may be right for when the staged injection just adds the secondary's to the primaries as needed but does not work when its a clean cut over.

I had to change the way the ratio of secondary to primary is calculated. A quick run on the Dyno looked promising but we will know for sure next week when I have time to test it properly.
    At any point of the Alpha-N map Inj-1 80cc and Inj-2 at 320cc will have different pulse widths for the same VE number but both should deliver the same fuel volume. Its obvious but it took me a while to take the step of looking at this.

My primary Inj-1 is 80cc and secondary Inj-2 is 320cc . A ratio of 4:1.

In the data log the Red line is VE. The Green line is Inj-1 and yellow for Inj-2. Previously the PW ratio in the graph was 3:1 but with the code changes the ratio now looks to be 4:1, the same as the injectors themselves.

What I am unsure about is the dead time. I am not sure if the dead time is included in the PW and PW3 as displayed or if the PW is logged before the dead time is added or after. I would like to know because it would make for a better idea of the actual ratio of fuel delivered.

Name:	Checking the PW.png 
Views:	40 
Size:	101.9 KB 
ID:	347492
    Basically either side of the point where the injectors swap over and the map number is the same the difference in pulse widths should be in a similar ratio to the injector ratio. In my case 4:1 because Inj-1 = 80cc and Inj-2 = 320cc.

Thread Information