Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: Speeduino 2T EFI Project

Bike
    1997 Yamaha rd 350
    Quote Originally Posted by JanBros View Post
    simpelest and probably cheapest programmable ignition based on only rpm..
    I saw such simple - digital ignition and injection based on rpm
    https://www.homebuiltairplanes.com/f...15#post-559277

Bike
    1997 Yamaha rd 350
    Speeduino news
    2 injection+ 2ignition channels 47x25mm board

A bit bigger board
    low-cost and mini-sized ECU for speeduino firmware (45 x 55 mm)
    4 high impedance injectors
    4 active ignition coils or 1 passive ignition coil with separate ground plane
    1 crankshaft sensor with VR-conditioner
    1 hall input for camshaft sensor
    6 analog inputs: CLT, IAT, TPS, BAT, LMM, MAP
    1 optional baro sensor MPXH6400A on bottom side
    1 digital input for disco swaggering (aka. launch control)
    Onboard Wideband Lambda Controller with Bosch CJ125 (LSU 4.9)
    1 fuel pump out
    1 idle valve out
    1 tacho out
    1 boost out
    USB programming interface with CP2104

Bike
    1997 Yamaha rd 350
    Finally my company ECU = digital ignition + injection integrating to throttle body will look like on this picture.
    We will make it rather big 70x70mm placing most of components on one side to fit ECU+throttle body in $120 FOB
    2 ignition and 2 injection channel allow install on most of 1...4 cylnder engines. MAP, IAT TPS onboard, so very
    few and only required wires will go out which will simplify instalation. We trying make PWM modulation of
    fuel pump to reduce electricity consumption.

Wiring:
    CLT - cooling liquid temperature, can be used for air cooling as well
    Al + CHR thermocouple type k to be fitter under spark of one cylinder which is in worst conditions
    O2 - narrow band lambda
    2 ignition channels
    2 injections channels
    2 wires for Crankshaft sensor
    2 wires for Camshaft sensor
    R-in programmable to fill any resistive sensor, can be switched to V sensing, says for exhaust temperature control using AD595
    IAC - idle control
    FP and FPM fuel pump and fuel pump modulation to minimize electricity consumption on small engines

Possible use free version of EFI Tuner Studio with our hardware
    Finally we can make Speeduino version of our ECU to allow users make any programming easily

Bike
    1997 Yamaha rd 350

Ecu pcb

Added magnetic sensor instead of external TPS

Bike
    1995 Aprilia RS 125

Cool Pwm fuel pump control

Hi,
    I appreciated a lot all the work done by TZ350, very very great work.
    Since that I'm trying to EFI an Aprilia RS 125, i'm here to collaborate with this thread and with all the people that are reading this thread.

I have a Microsquirt module to control the efi on my Aprilia, I know very well this ECU and her software, it's very similar to Speeduino since it's using the same software (tuning studio).

I've done some project with this ecu on a 4 stroke, but now i want to apply it on a 2S.

I have a question: I don't want to use 2 injectors with staged injection because im afraid about the switching of them at 10000 rpm.
    So this is what i want to do.

PWM FUEL PUMP CONTROL, this in order to adjust the fuel pressure vs RPM or LOAD.

Pwm fuel control could change the pressure in order to have more o less flow throw the injector, so you can have a low pressure ad idling (2 bar I think would be ok) and than 4-5 bar at max power. With this method you can use only one injector with a solid idling and a good flow at high rpm.

The other benefits are:
    Removing the mechanical fuel pressure regulator
    You have no more fuel return to the tank, so your fuel is more cooler.

All is sounding great but the bad news is that Microsquirt (even Speeduino) can not control the fuel pump with a PWM control.

I'm not very good at programming a new part of the firmware but I could help if someone is interested in doing this.

Bike
    KR-1S, KR1-SV, KXR500, ZXR 4/600
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexxa View Post
    Hi,

The other benefits are:
    this makes no sence ???
    how are you gonna create preasure when the pump has nothing to push against ?
    or if you gonna block off the valve, where is the excess fuel supposed to go to ?

Bike
    1995 Aprilia RS 125
    The pwm control of the fuel pump allow you to don't have the mechanical regulator because the fuel pump is controlled by a duty cycle from arduino or something else.
    There are a lot of impulses between 0 and 12 volt to the pump. The more their frequency is high the more the pump will go faster.
    So if the pressure gauge indicates 4 bar and in your imposed table you want 5 bar at that rpm, the duty cycle of the pump will be increased to have 5 bar on the fuel line.
    This in a closed loop control.

Did you understand?

Bike
    KR-1S, KR1-SV, KXR500, ZXR 4/600
    yes, I understand pwm.

so you are gonna close the return ? injectors use way less fuel than the pump supplies, meaning the pump will turn for a brief moment untill the wanted preasure is obtained. than it needs to stop to prevent overpreasure. preasure drops fast because of fuel injection, pump needs to be turned on again etc...

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    husaberg
    Neat explanation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Daelim besbi 2008
    I am the least expert in the field of chromatography (in this forum there are real experts in this field "they participated in the creation of the best 2S injection system" DITECH).
    But I think the pressure with the drop size achieved in the Spray is very important and in turn the drop size with the evaporation time

Bike
    Daelim besbi 2008
    What I'm trying to say is:
    5 bar = spray droplet size ≤ injector orifice diameter Ø
    2 bar = spray droplet size > injector orifice diameter Ø.
    Although when idling there is more time for evaporation, the larger droplet size (the smaller the droplet size, the greater number of droplets and more dispersed covering a greater area) would influence so that a uniform mixture cannot be created, creating a stratified scavenging. which may have the poorest fuel zone closer to the spark plug

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Ok. So its drag racing, but a two stroke drag racer.

Great two stroke sound at WOT. And also if you pay attention to the technical talk and trip around the work shop you will pickup that its fuel injected.

The fastest 2T drag bike in the world has fuel injection.

Bike
    Yamaha, Z, 2016
    Hi..... The SR50 and Scarabeo 50 early forms were both Fuel infused and cut. Placing a motor in a Zuma would require the ECU a dashboard, radiators and a great deal of work. The actual hurries are incredible and in case it was the main one to play with most huge tuners change them over to carbs. I'm keeping mine infused on the grounds that its amusing to play with. It's shown me a ton about CVT tuning. Yet, when you have a sputter or where it's excessively rich or incline there are no planes to trade out. Stay with the carb you can fabricate a significantly more impressive machine.

Bike
    Daelim besbi 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexxa View Post
    Hi,
    I appreciated a lot all the work done by TZ350, very very great work.
    Since that I'm trying to EFI an Aprilia RS 125, i'm here to collaborate with this thread and with all the people that are reading this thread.

I have a Microsquirt module to control the efi on my Aprilia, I know very well this ECU and her software, it's very similar to Speeduino since it's using the same software (tuning studio).

I've done some project with this ecu on a 4 stroke, but now i want to apply it on a 2S.

I have a question: I don't want to use 2 injectors with staged injection because im afraid about the switching of them at 10000 rpm.
    So this is what i want to do.

PWM FUEL PUMP CONTROL, this in order to adjust the fuel pressure vs RPM or LOAD.

Pwm fuel control could change the pressure in order to have more o less flow throw the injector, so you can have a low pressure ad idling (2 bar I think would be ok) and than 4-5 bar at max power. With this method you can use only one injector with a solid idling and a good flow at high rpm.

The other benefits are:

All is sounding great but the bad news is that Microsquirt (even Speeduino) can not control the fuel pump with a PWM control.

I'm not very good at programming a new part of the firmware but I could help if someone is interested in doing this.

Hi Dexxa.
    Are you trying to adapt the injection of the RSW 500 to an RS 125?
    I suspect that you have worked this type of injection before

Thread Information