Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Speeduino 2T EFI Project

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by ceci View Post
    If true the third is a copy of Flettner. These three and the GP125 to the crankcase. From my scarce knowledge they place it in the manufacturer that more to investigated
    Flettner was there first with "B" port injection as seen on KTM's which seems the most practical and so far successful system but having got the idea KTM sure has more resources to throw at an innovative approach that was first seen here in NZ before KTM abandoned what they were doing and adopted it. Resources don't necessarily equal innovation but hats off to KTM for running with a good idea when they see it. But the cheeky buggers are trying to Patent it. I hope they can't as it is prior art that is known in the public domain and not their original idea.

Bike
    Daelim besbi 2008
    How much does KTM declare is the difference in weight between the TPI and the carburetor?

To the first cylinder besides that the injector assembly is heavier, add the weight of this other mechanism.

https://patents.google.com/patent/DE102009041733B4/

The loss of hydrocarbons due to the exhaust in the three cylinders is the same

Bike
    I put the Ignitecs pickup back to its original place and fitted a new pickup for the Speedy. Now both systems are entirely independent. The red LED was just so I would know if the Speedy is seeing the new pickup.

Made a bit of a false start with a proximity sensor. It did what it should, it saw a flywheel and turned on but was useless at seeing teeth. Found my spare ignition trigger and hooked that up to the Speedy, it worked and had no problem seeing the 24-1 flywheel teeth.

Fired the Beast up and it idled away happily. It would not take any throttle but the idle sounded sweet. Time to connect the laptop and see if we can get things hopping along a bit better. Very happy.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Speedys new trigger..jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	840.4 KB 
ID:	339695

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by patouille View Post
    Hello,
    I just registered in this forum as I saw this very interesting topic. I'm glad to see someone is trying and sharing his ideas.
    I built my own 2S EFI for my racing Solex (a very particular 50cc here in France).
    The beginning is very encouraging, take a look : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW19l64nm7Y.
    I love it......

Bike
    The injector is triggered by just the magnet of the ignition rotor in front of a hall sensor.
    That is very clever, that could be the basis for a very simple and effective EFI system..... you have got me thinking. Get rid of all the firmware clutter that usually comes with a EFI system. A simple fueling map and a way of seeing changes in airflow induced by the pipe. All on something like a Raspberry Pie or Arduino Nano and it could be a winner.

Bike
    Racing Solex
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    A simple fueling map and a way of seeing changes in airflow induced by the pipe.
    That's the point. That's why your idea of reading the pressure in the crankcase only at a very precise point of the crankshaft angle is better than the alpha-N algorithm.
    Next step for me is to change my development bike. Given the power delivery of my solex is very poor (due to the roller sliding on the tire), it's not the most appropriate way to have a fine tuning

Bike
    Daelim besbi 2008

Fired the Beast up and it idled away happily. It would not take any throttle but the idle sounded sweet. Time to connect the laptop and see if we can get things hopping along a bit better. Very happy.

Name:	Speedys new trigger..jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	840.4 KB 
ID:	339695

I'm very happy for you, and at the same time I envy you (it's normal, everyone who has a project wants to see it finished and successfully)

Bike
    2001, Honda, RS125
    The raspberyy PI only has digital inputs and outputs.

analog can be achieved with an 8-bit digital to analog convertor however

I am following your progress with a keen interest!

Bike
    ... it turned out that my Suzuki 600GSR injector could achieve the best idle stability (~1100 µs PW at 2200 RPM) I ever had with any carburetor (which is of course way bigger than necessary) !
    1,1 ms is very short, what is the injectors dead time? do you know how long it takes to open your injector far enough to be in the fuel controllable region.

Name:	Injector Dead Time.gif 
Views:	53 
Size:	4.9 KB 
ID:	339700 http://www.mre-books.com/sa135/sa135_5.html

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    I've run the Ecotrons supplied injectors down to 1.5mS without problem. It's less than ideal but works OK.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    I've run the Ecotrons supplied injectors down to 1.5mS without problem. It's less than ideal but works OK.
    Yes, I found that 1.5 worked but 1.8 seemed better, seems silly but it just sounded better.

Bike
    Racing Solex
    1,1 ms is very short, what is the injectors dead time? do you know how long it takes to open your injector far enough to be in the fuel controllable region.
    Yes it is but it works ! I even tried ~900µs and it's precise enough to notice the influence on the engine behaviour. I couldn't find any datasheet for my injector concerning the closing/opening timing.
    By the way, I'm trying to add a voltage compensation for the opening time. Do you think it would be useful ?

Bike
    Daelim besbi 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    KTM would like you to think so

The research never stops, they are many people and in many places where they investigate how to evolve the 2S.
    KTM will not have its own ideas, but if you investigate what you find interesting (here is the largest number of investigations).

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    By the way, I'm trying to add a voltage compensation for the opening time. Do you think it would be useful ?
    Compensation is a feature of other systems for injectors and ignitions

Bike
    Yes it is but it works ! I even tried ~900µs and it's precise enough to notice the influence on the engine behaviour. I couldn't find any datasheet for my injector concerning the closing/opening timing.
    I think you must be operating them in the dribble zone, but if it works, it works.

Name:	Injector Dribble Zone.gif 
Views:	47 
Size:	5.3 KB 
ID:	339723

I would love to know more about this injector if you ever find out any more technical info. Genuine ones are not hard to get, I checked Japanese auction sites.

I'm trying to add a voltage compensation for the opening time. Do you think it would be useful ?
    Not something I have dabbled with but it seems to be a standard feature of EFI systems I have seen so must be useful. Maybe useful for engines with starters and there is a voltage drop when the motor is being cranked over.

Thread Information