Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Speeduino 2T EFI Project

Bike
    husaberg
    How quickly does the exhaust gas temp change with different running conditions Rob.
    I guess judging by water injection falure, its to slow to be useful as a calibration?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    How quickly does the exhaust gas temp change with different running conditions?
    I have not done much work with EGT for myself but what I have seen with other bikes on the dyno the EGT seems as responsive as my O2 sensor. In other words, pretty good.

Bike
    Someone was asking about RPM and TPS spacing.

The steps between RPM and TPS points does not have to be even. The trick is to position them so that the fuel "Load" steps between cells is smooth as possible, no big jumps.

Typically the RPM steps follow the Torque curve and some of the RPM steps are bunched together in the rpm area where the torque curve is steepest as the motor is getting on the pipe. The idea is to keep the increasing fuel steps as even as possible as the RPM changes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	25% Area.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	796.7 KB 
ID:	342711 upside down again %^$^$%)% ...

The graph is a typical carburetor flow curve. I tested my ball valve inlet and got the green line. 50% of air flow is typically at 25% throttle open. So at least half the fuel steps need to be below the 25% throttle line to get the increasing fuel demand steps due to the steadily increasing air flow in as even as steps as possible.

The point is RPM and TPS steps can be uneven, its the steps between Fuel load cells that need to be as even as possible.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveyB
    TZ, when looking at your VE table, it looks like you've only allocated 6 columns from 3000 to 7200 rpm for the crankcase pressure differential measurement, whilst giving 10 columns to Alpha N from 7800 to 13500 rpm? I thought that the area (in rpm) below where the pipe starts working would require finer control and thus more columns. On a separate note are you running the engine with premix or oil pump?
    Premix. 20:1.

No, the area below (and above) the transition area where the pipe starts to work does not need as many columns as the transition area itself.

I have abandoned the VE map approach and for now are concentrating on Alpha-N multiplied by the MAP/Baro ratio.

Alpha-N is great for everywhere the airflow is consistent. So Alpha-N is good for everywhere that is not on the pipe and every where on the pipe and above 50% TP throttle position. There is only a smaller area where Alpha-N does not work well and that is in the area where you could be on the pipe and less than 50% TP. That is because air flow here is variable due to inconsistent pipe action.

Currently my crankcase PseudoMAP outputs a MAP value equal to the Baro value in the areas where airflow is going to be consistent. So the Alpha-N map here is multiplied by the ratio of 1:1 i.e., Alpha-N * 1.

And in the area where the engine should be on the pipe but the TPS is less than 50% the PseudoMAP outputs three times the Delta crankcase pressure. So in the variable air flow area the Alpha-N map is multiplied by the ratio of PseudoMAP to Baro pressure. i.e., Alpha-N * (PseudoMAP/Baro).

Anyway this is the current approach I am exploring, hopefully find out soon how well this concept works.

Name:	Area where AN is multiplied by MAP Baro ratio.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	638.0 KB 
ID:	342724

Bike
    husaberg
    We can only imagine a bunch of Austrians are feverishly looking into it now Rob.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Daelim besbi 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    We can only imagine a bunch of Austrians are feverishly looking into it now Rob.

You what group of Austrians you mean.
    If they are these, I see no future

https://www.visordown.com/news/indus...ic-motorcycles

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by ceci View Post
    You what group of Austrians you mean.
    If they are these, I see no future

https://www.visordown.com/news/indus...ic-motorcycles
    What the attendance like at the Electric formula 1 compared to the ICE F1.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Racing Solex
    Hi guys,

I was very quiet since my last post but I was still developing my EFI.
    As my engine was struggling to rev over 10,000RPM, I came to the conclusion I needed staged injection. But no...
    Using the oscilloscope in my hall sensor signal with the carb, I discovered that kind of sensor was guilty.
    So I changed the way to pickup the rev information. I used an optical switch and now everything works perfectly !

I use a CBR125 throttle body but the original injector went over 80% duty cycle despite its 140cc/min flow rate. I use now a 200cc/min injector which a bit high but works good.

I usually complain that most of 2S EFI projects in the internet are static tests at low RPM. Here is a small glance of the bike delivering all the power on the track. Yes it is race proven !

Bike
    Daelim besbi 2008
    Some time ago I suggested that KTM was the brand that would have most investigated the EFI two stroke engine.
    Here we have one more test

https://diglib.tugraz.at/download.ph...ocation=browse

Bike
    Daelim besbi 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ceci View Post
    Some time ago I suggested that KTM was the brand that would have most investigated the EFI two stroke engine.
    Here we have one more test

I was wrong not yet from KTM

Bike
    Daelim besbi 2008
    It has been shown that getting an injection system for the two-stroke engine that exceeds ecological standards is super difficult.
    Since it has a high level of difficulty, it is shown by the large number of manufacturers that have tried and failed
    One more https://gair.media.gunma-u.ac.jp/dsp...83.nishida.pdf

Bike
    After months of wandering lost in the wilderness I think I have finally found the reason for my starting issue. It is simple really.

I use a heavy duty drill running in reverse driving a big nut on the crankshaft to start the bike. This had worked well for ages. Then the old drills gearbox broke and I had to get another. Same reverse direction and speed. Also upgraded the firmware and had nothing but trouble since.

After finaly getting around to buying a scope and putting it on the multi tooth wheel's inductive trigger pickup and studying the trace and thinking about it for a bit I realized what was happening.

The crank looked to spin around impressively but the trace showed that as the piston started coming up against some real compression near TDC . The crank slowed down and there was not enough flux through the inductive trigger pickup to generate a signal big enough and with enough definition for the Speedy hardware to recognize. My 24-1 wheel looked like something with two gaps, one regular and another larger one where the flux was weak.

The answer is to get a powerfuller drill. Simple really........... it has only taken ages to figure that out....

Name:	Inductive trigger at cranking speed (1).jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	162.4 KB 
ID:	344335

The yellow trace is taken at Pin 19 on the Speeduino's Mega processor board and the purple trace is the inductive trigger pickup.

Bike
    Yamaha XJ750 1982
    Good! I have been coming here and to the Speeduino blog almost daily to look for progress!!!

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Vannik View Post
    Good! I have been coming here and to the Speeduino blog almost daily to look for progress!!!
    Hi Neels

You can set your thread subsricptions
    (to subsribe to a thread post in it or use the button top right of each thread page , Use thread tools, subscribe to thread)
    then alter your setting to notify you by email when there has been an update to the thread you are intersted in.

Name:	subscriptions 1.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	344350Click image for larger version. 

Name:	subscriptions 2.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	225.2 KB 
ID:	344351Click image for larger version. 

Name:	subsriptions 3.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	111.9 KB 
ID:	344352
    Settings
    General settings and default thread description method.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Yamaha XJ750 1982
    Hi Husa,

Thank you, but I am aware of the facility. It is one of my daily pleasures to come to KiwiBiker first thing in the morning and see what was posted while I was sleeping. My "gripe" was not with comming here but with finding nothing

And I will keep on doing it.

Thread Information