Thread: Baskerville 2hr

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01

Baskerville 2hr

Hey guys!

This might be a long shot but my local bike club has an annual 2 hour endurance race at one of Australia's oldest circuits.

This year is is over the 1st and Second of December!

They pay money toward interstate racers travelling so I'm sure if anyone is keen to compete, they might be able to contribute toward travel costs.

Baskerville Raceway is an awesome little circuit! Quite short but an awesome track where laptimes are consistently low (sub-minute) across all classes ("Lites", moto3, 125 2T GP, 600's, 1000's). We've had ASBK champions and competitors race at the event, we've had Mike Jones (former ASBK champ, MotoGP wildcard, and world STK1000 racer) kick arse on a Ducati 996 about 20 years older than some of the other competitors. It's always a brilliant event and, as you can imagine, you can get a lot of laps in, over 2 hours.

There are support races too. The main one is a 20 lap "Lites" race. Lites are 4 strokes up to 250cc 4's, 320cc twins, and 390 single four strokes, and all the 125 and 250cc 2T's. Always super competitive and BIG grids.

All the 125GP guys are super keen to freight over and compete in NZ so they would no doubt love to have some Kiwi's over there to race, show what they're made of, and network a bit!

I know it might be a bit of a mission but, like I said, there are allowances to help subsidise interstate travel, I'm sure they can pay toward trans-tasman travel. And I'm sure if you hit up their facebook page, you'll find someone somewhere with a fireblade, zx-10, R1 or something looking for a second rider so all you'd need to bring is your gear!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/srctas/

Totally understandable if nobody can make the mission but it's worth looking into if you want a kickarse weekend of riding and racing with people who are competitive but also really really down to earth!

2001 Ducati 996S || 2008 Yamaha CygnusX
    FaceBrick

Bike
    moped
    Thats a nice interesting little track you have at Baskerville Walrus, was on holiday over there some time ago walked around the track would be nice on a 400cc bike, also drove around the track at Symons Plains.

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    400's are great. I think people used to say that it was best on a 125 or 250 2T but there's just the right combination of straights, hills, tight bends and a sweeper to really bring the best out of everything, hence such consistency in lap times between the classes.
    2001 Ducati 996S || 2008 Yamaha CygnusX
    FaceBrick

Thread Information