Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Farewell ST1050 and some sad news

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    Hey you two, sounds to this not so young reasonably healthy shiet head that I'd better pull me socks up and do more, to maybe help my/ourselves and avoid some of the things that have come your way.
    Always good to read what you've written mate, it's raw, out there and 100 % BS free.
    Hang in there guys.
    Life is what it is mate - you are always better off to engage with it and find some fun

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Life is what it is mate - you are always better off to engage with it and find some fun
    Play the cards you are dealt. Nobody gets a different set of cards just because they dont get an game-high straight first up.

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Play the cards you are dealt. Nobody gets a different set of cards just because they dont get an game-high straight first up.
    Yup... Life could always be worse and sometimes no matter how tough be humble and grateful for what you do have... Its easy to get so wound up about the bad stuff you forget your blessings... Vicki and I have been married now 39 years and if the last few are a bit tough we have still have more good years than most - its actually something to celebrate... Besides I sponsor the Special Childrens Christmas Party, 15th year this year and some people do it REALLY tough. We had the grandson with us and he was helping out and it was a lesson in humility for all of us. Plus - he has really different view on life coupled with a crazy sense of humour and somedays you just crack up at the stuff he says... I took him to Parliament as hes never been but we were a bit late for the last tour on a sunday so we went up the cable car.

We were in Parliament grounds and I was telling him we were a bit late and he thought that was OK because the Prime Minister was likely to be far too busy to see us on a sunday afternoon... LOL...

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    It doesn't rain but it pours. You've been having more than your share of problems. I know of others that have suddenly had to become parents again at short notice and that must turn everything upside down. If you wanna compare prostate war stories over a pint one day...

Wishing you all the best.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    If you wanna compare prostate war stories over a pint one day...

Wishing you all the best.
    Cheers - yeah no we would get kicked out LOL

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Yup... Life could always be worse and sometimes no matter how tough be humble and grateful for what you do have... Its easy to get so wound up about the bad stuff you forget your blessings... Vicki and I have been married now 39 years and if the last few are a bit tough we have still have more good years than most - its actually something to celebrate... Besides I sponsor the Special Childrens Christmas Party, 15th year this year and some people do it REALLY tough. We had the grandson with us and he was helping out and it was a lesson in humility for all of us. Plus - he has really different view on life coupled with a crazy sense of humour and somedays you just crack up at the stuff he says... I took him to Parliament as hes never been but we were a bit late for the last tour on a sunday so we went up the cable car.

We were in Parliament grounds and I was telling him we were a bit late and he thought that was OK because the Prime Minister was likely to be far too busy to see us on a sunday afternoon... LOL...
    Well good on you, the one on Porirua yeah. I've been to that and it's a good thing for the kids without the neurotypicals judging.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Well good on you, the one on Porirua yeah. I've been to that and it's a good thing for the kids without the neurotypicals judging.
    Yup that's the one.. It always humbles me and grounds me. My life is busy but others have a larger burden than I do...

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Post lockdown update.....

Well personally I didnt suffer.. Well Vicki is an essential worker as am I... Her car (truck suv thingy) got sideswiped while she was working on day 2... Feck.. Theres my excess gone... Still it was a bargain so....

Oven failed on Day 5 - no worries - bench top and BBQ all good...

Shower started leaking after some one cleaned it... sigh..... Man it was clean....

Set tox box failed - no TV - Vf are dicks - spark put in fibre and all good...

Had a spare pc - hmm - SSD drives are super cheap and extra ram to edit video - shame W10 nuked the video card but eventually got it running (ish). Utterly befuddled by video editing tools

Vicki doing well... Getting a little befuddled now (sad) but still functional. I'm doing 90% cooking etc...

Grandson - lol - taught him to ride a bike... (BMX) then built him a small mtb around a dirt jumper and now on a proper bike. He managed 40km last saturday which for a kid with his disabilities is astonishing. He was well stuffed when we got home... I have another MTB to build up for him with a 1x drive as the other bike has waaay to many levers...

We will get back to the gym shortly (fat as a lord)

Long story short we are now well over 2 years into a 3 to 5 year sentence and shes still driving and working. My cancers OK (ish) and working on plan B and happiness so we are totally winning I reckon...

Not getting out on the Triumph much - need to work on that...

Bike
    big shiney pommy thing
    Don't know you mate but I fucken admire your guts and and positive outlook. God bless bro.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Hey Guys, good to hear that shit is still shit! but that neither of you are taking it lying down.
    Keep smiling lad and Ladess.
    Be down that ways in Sept, will pm ahead of then.
    Take it easy out there, OK.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    06 scrambler,xrl,
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 240 View Post
    Don't know you mate but I fucken admire your guts and and positive outlook. God bless bro.
    Wot e said.

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Well lockdowns been a bitch

I know - I will go mountain biking on my home tracks except I got bored and in a rush of blood to the head though I was Danny McCaskill - erm - I'm not. 3 weeks of bruised ribs followed by a chest infection, a covid 19 test from an alien in the medical centre car park (negative) and an inhaler.... GREAT...

Not all bad news - I got fatter - taught the disabled grandson to ride - worked my arse off, built up a better PC (yes I was shocked it worked too), edited a few videos and set up a youtube channel,,,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KDAQPbDGcU&t=159s

Pretty good really...

Well the fat as a lord bits not great....

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Full credit to you Paul! I liked the video, you should make more when you get a chance.
    You and your family are an inspiration

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Full credit to you Paul! I liked the video, you should make more when you get a chance.
    You and your family are an inspiration
    Oh you had to go encourage me....

This is the last good day we had before the current shit storm enveloped us...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9HmiqjVB7s

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries

Wow, that place has changed since I last saw it! Used to live in Ranui Heights....

Thread Information