Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alcomohol.

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600

Alcomohol.

So NO amount of alcohol is "good" for you. According to yesterday's news. Even 1 std drink per day wil put your health at risk.

Well, that's a start then innit. There's way too many humans on the planet as it is. If we were to be truly patriotic, we'd all go to the effort of doubling our alcohol intake at least and if we tried really hard we could drop the human population of the planet in just a few hard drinking years, thereby reducing all the evil stuff the media rants on about all of which is due to too many humans trying to shit in their own nest...: or something.

Just saying.
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    77 XL250
    But then the holier-than-thou teetotalers will end up with everything and normal people will be extinct. We can't have that.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by slofox View Post
    So NO amount of alcohol is "good" for you. According to yesterday's news. Even 1 std drink per day wil put your health at risk.
    I prefer "Yesterdays" news ...

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...l/art-20044551
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Then there are the studies from Italy and the likes where they drink wine daily and have measurable benefits.

I am so tired of these studies. Everything in moderation and you will be fine. Even oxygen.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Actual scientific studies are largely dry affairs and get little or no attention from the media. What you are left with is something that sounds like a 'story'.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    After driving/riding about 1500 kms over the last 4 days I'd say alcohol is the least of our worries.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    After driving/riding about 1500 kms over the last 4 days I'd say alcohol is the least of our worries.
    True! - At the conclusion of a days driving one constantly feels that the situation overall is gradually getting worse rather than improving.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Well I've got a bottle of Glenlivet here and a few dozen bottles of wine from arond the globe and I'm buggered if I'm going to put other people's health at risk by giving it all away. I'll take the bullet and drink it myself. "No greater love hath he..." Or something.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Well I've got a bottle of Glenlivet here and a few dozen bottles of wine from arond the globe and I'm buggered if I'm going to put other people's health at risk by giving it all away. I'll take the bullet and drink it myself. "No greater love hath he..." Or something.
    "No greater love hath he ... who drinks down his wine for his brother" ?
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakie View Post
    "No greater love hath he ... who drinks down his wine for his brother" ?
    On one of the ships I was on "Cora the cook" had an bulkhead inscription:-

[Quote]:- "Greater love hath no man than he who gives his bum for his chum" - [Unquote] Ship inspections with the Captain, we used to chuckle over that one.

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    Indeed, I understand this devils nectar causes all manner of ill health and troubles.. Best do my bit to save everyone else from having to be at risk. Every beer I drink is one less that could harm another.
    2001 Ducati 996S || 2008 Yamaha CygnusX
    FaceBrick

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I'm going the other way. I have a follow up blood test soon, so I'm reducing my alcohol consumption down to somewhere near what I tell my doctor I drink.

No seriously, insurance companies mining for data this is all in jest.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oldrider View Post
    "Greater love hath no man than he who gives his bum for his chum"
    While that caused a chuckle, I would like to point out that it was not the inspiration for my quote. The biblical verse John 15:13 is pretty much a cert to be quoted at every ANZAC Dawn Service.
    Having said that you could be forgiven for thinking I could have at least quoted it correctly. Ah well...
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    I have always used a decent slug of booze to ease the pain of a long ride or drive.

In which case, I must be REally doing my bit...
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Oh and remember...

“No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Thread Information