Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
Back in the day we were taught to lean off the inside of the bike in the wet to keep it upright so the tyres would work better. But that might not be what you want to do with dual compound tyres.
I was taught something similar when I started riding.

I also remember seeing a clip of Doohan "back in the day" fanging it around a corner in the rain where the bike was almost vertical to get maximum grip and he was hanging off the side like crazy to drive it around the corner.

That being said, of course that was an NSR500, not a GZ250, on a race track, with old school tyres, etc etc.. Also Mick Doohan, not average Joe Bloggs over here (sorry xa33, you might be one of the bestest riders in the world, for all I know, but I'm making an assumption that, like me, you're not).

I don't believe much weight transfer is needed in commuting at all, let alone in the wet.. Unless there's a heap and it's all so subconscious I don't even realise I'm doing it..

Unless you do mean "Counter Steering" in which case, yeah pretty much all the time.. Again, subconsciously/automatically without realising.