Thread: Race suit options. Perforated vs standard

Bike
    2015 f800gt

Race suit options. Perforated vs standard

So, I'm looking at getting into track days and a race suit is required. I noticed that there is the option of perforated leather for temperature control, or standard.

Any opinions on these options? Does the perforated leather make much difference? Is it s good idea for Auckland weather? any downsides?

Appreciate any info and experiences. Thanks.

Bike
    2015 Aprilia Tuono Factory
    Quote Originally Posted by Delerium View Post
    So, I'm looking at getting into track days and a race suit is required. I noticed that there is the option of perforated leather for temperature control, or standard.

Any opinions on these options? Does the perforated leather make much difference? Is it s good idea for Auckland weather? any downsides?

I don't live in Auckland and I feel the cold a bit so I have both. Perforated is nice on a hot day but too cold for me on a cold one.

Cheers

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delerium View Post

I have 3 suits, 2 are vented quite a lot and no real issue and one is not really vented much at all. If it's a cooler day, I tend to run something underneath to keep a bit warmer or I use the less vented suit, but only because I can. In the prior years I didn't have that suit and I didn't feel it was an issue. I didn't buy that suit because it was less vented....more of a road cut that made it more comfy for wearing long periods of time and standing a lot.

Note, I don't ride on the road and the vented suit in the wet, you do "feel it".

Apart from being a bit cooler, no real issues. Given my riding profile, vented is my preference. Easier to get warm in a suit than try to cool down....

If it is your first suit, it would not be a major consideration, fit and quality, stitching and protection would rate well ahead for me,.

Thread Information