Thread: cold kiwi rally this weekend

Bike
    suzuki

cold kiwi rally this weekend

new site, great open area for wheelie contest to come back etc, no BYO alcohol please, it's a condition of the license.
    here's what's behind the bar though so something for everyone

Tui
    Export Gold
    Double Brown
    Low Alc Export Citrus
    Low Alc Heineken Light Low Alc Export Citrus Grape
    Haagen
    Heineken
    Corona
    Panhead Pale Ale
    Somersby Cider Apple
    Somersby Cider Berry
    Rum & Cola Black Heart
    Bourbon Jim Beam
    Whiskey& Dry Canadian Club
    Southern Comfort Southern Comfort
    Vodka Cruiser Passion Fruit Mix
    Long White Vodka Lemon
    Woodstock Rum & Cola
    Sav Blanc Brancott Estate
    Chardonnay Brancott Estate
    Merlot Brancott Estate
    Pinot Gris Brancott Estate
    Pinot Noir South Is Brancott Estate
    Pinot Noir Sileni Brancott Estate

plus free water tea and coffee

Bike
    R6
    Can't wait! Don't think I'll be able to sleep much tonight.

Going to be a great weekend - see ya hopefully up there Spyda.

Safe travels to all those heading to the Rally. Bring on the Kiwi!

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    Panhead Pale Ale
    Dare I ask how much?

Bike
    suzuki
    numbers up a full 50% on last year, great weekend had at the new site...

Bike
    1976 Honda GL1000, plus implements
    Good site, I like it. A lot of work's been done to get the basics right. It was a good rally and will keep getting better as more stuff gets set up
    I thought the slalom hill climb was a good idea, you could keep doing that. Maybe put it up through that tea tree scrub on the other side
    Having the site dry except for the bar area worked better than I expected, going by the state of my head in the morning...
    We rode past the old six cross site both ways, shit I'm glad the rally moved
    High miles, engine knock, rusty chrome, worn pegs...
    Brakes as new

Bike
    R6
    Great new site and can see even more people getting along next year.

Good vibe from all who went and even I managed to ride in and out of the site no problems (thanks to the volunteer inside the gates who gave me good advice to get through the only squishy bit).

Thanks to all the Club members and volunteers for getting this new site up and running for yet another awesome Kiwi!

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Andy View Post
    Good site, I like it. A lot of work's been done to get the basics right. It was a good rally and will keep getting better as more stuff gets set up
    I thought the slalom hill climb was a good idea, you could keep doing that. Maybe put it up through that tea tree scrub on the other side
    Having the site dry except for the bar area worked better than I expected, going by the state of my head in the morning...
    We rode past the old six cross site both ways, shit I'm glad the rally moved
    i plan the events and had scoped out the tea tree area, a posse of club members rounded me up late sat morning and said it was too muddy to run in there, and all we'd be doing is watching people pick up their bikes for most of the time so they took me to the new spot. ran with that and was hugely impressed that they'd set up some speakers so the pa would work, not perfectly to start bu they sorted that.
    i've been involved behind the scenes for over thirty years now, toughest weekend for me physically this year MC-ing and pretty well running the events to, good thing i was throwing back a few fresh ups friday night in between beers as i knew it was going to be (there was supposed to be someone else doing it but they wandered off) but well worth the effort.
    the last few months have been like episodes of the block with the massive amount of work in a short time frame, came together pretty well i reckon too.

Bike
    Dont have one now
    i plan the events and had scoped out the tea tree area, a posse of club members rounded me up late sat morning and said it was too muddy to run in there, and all we'd be doing is watching people pick up their bikes for most of the time so they took me to the new spot. ran with that and was hugely impressed that they'd set up some speakers so the pa would work, not perfectly to start bu they sorted that.
    i've been involved behind the scenes for over thirty years now, toughest weekend for me physically this year MC-ing and pretty well running the events to, good thing i was throwing back a few fresh ups friday night in between beers as i knew it was going to be (there was supposed to be someone else doing it but they wandered off) but well worth the effort.
    the last few months have been like episodes of the block with the massive amount of work in a short time frame, came together pretty well i reckon too.
    If you were MC at the prize giving....well done. Youre a funny fucker and i think we would have a crack up time on the piss together.
    new site was primo, camping area a bit exposed...fuck that wind was a shitter.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by skippa1 View Post
    If you were MC at the prize giving....well done. Youre a funny fucker and i think we would have a crack up time on the piss together.
    new site was primo, camping area a bit exposed...fuck that wind was a shitter.
    yeah that was me, was available for a beer all weekend too. Might have to plant a row of lemon or lime trees then the coronas will taste nicer, and there'll be some shelter..

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Andy View Post
    Does this mean no beersies outside your own tent/bonfire????
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Does this mean no beersies outside your own tent/bonfire????
    that was how the liqour license was this year, doesn't mean it'll be like that next year. The person who issued the license I understand came back as a rally entrant, pretty good opportunity to get to understand the ins and outs of what goes on for other years.
    the Burty rally has a bar area, like the kiwi, selling and consuming inside, the wider rally site is BYO..
    that sounds good.
    if the whole rally site is a licensed area then it gets tough with motor vehicles inside it, as is does with people under 18, it's a minefeild in reality.

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD

Quick video for you guys.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    "If the cops didn't see it, I didn't do it!"
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD

Asteroid quick shot.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    "If the cops didn't see it, I didn't do it!"
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    that was how the liqour license was this year, doesn't mean it'll be like that next year. The person who issued the license I understand came back as a rally entrant, pretty good opportunity to get to understand the ins and outs of what goes on for other years.
    the Burty rally has a bar area, like the kiwi, selling and consuming inside, the wider rally site is BYO..
    that sounds good.
    if the whole rally site is a licensed area then it gets tough with motor vehicles inside it, as is does with people under 18, it's a minefeild in reality.
    Cheers thought something along those lines.... Do you have a physical gate at site entry? That covers a lot of legal loopholes in regards to osh and vehicles/dui etc...
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Cheers thought something along those lines.... Do you have a physical gate at site entry? That covers a lot of legal loopholes in regards to osh and vehicles/dui etc...
    yip, and the liquor license area is well documented. one thing they need is to tick the boxes, example is they need taxis listed, the taxis on were ohakune 27kms away, but it still ticked the box, next year i'm sure they'll be able to look at examples from other rallies but this year was tight as the site was only confirmed late in the game and time was ticking over , the license only came through thursday before the rally itself, making alterations real hard to seek

Thread Information