Thread: 1981 XV750 Virago. Exhaust and re registration

Bike
    1981 Yamaha XV750 Virago

1981 XV750 Virago. Exhaust and re registration

Hi guys. Doing up a un -registered 1981 XV750 Virago. Several issues. I'm going to have to re register it and I'm needing to get a new exhaust system and front forks. ( which have rust on the tubes). I've been told that the bike has to be standard to pass the registration. Is this so? Could I put an aftermarket exhaust on or do I have to find a standard one? Anyone know of some good front forks for sale? Exhaust system???

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Does not need to be standard exhaust. Just mellow enough to pass the noise test.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steviewonder View Post
    Hi guys. Doing up a un -registered 1981 XV750 Virago. Several issues. I'm going to have to re register it and I'm needing to get a new exhaust system and front forks. ( which have rust on the tubes). I've been told that the bike has to be standard to pass the registration. Is this so? Could I put an aftermarket exhaust on or do I have to find a standard one? Anyone know of some good front forks for sale? Exhaust system???
    You'll have more issues with brakes than with the exhaust. There are minimum thicknesses for the discs and pads.

Forks can be re-chromed if you can't get original parts.

Aftermarket parts are allowed due to the fact that some parts of some models are as rare as Unicorn shit ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Thread Information