Thread: Engine won't start

Bike
    2014 suzuki boulevard s40

Engine won't start

Hi

I have 2013 Suzuki Boulevard S40 where I am having problem with getting the engine to start
    Initially I thought it was the battery. Replaced batter and it ran for a few days then couldn't get it start after not using it for a day and found the battery had drained. Tried after recharging the battery, lights come full and when I try to start, it gave a click sound then when dead. Battery shows 12+v for battery but goes to nil charge when I turn the ignition to on. Im trying to figure out whether its the starter relay or if there is something shirting the system or something else.
    Will be much appreciated for assistance to trouble shoot

CS

Bike
    2000 Ducati ST2
    It sounds very much like something is shorting in the wiring loom, on the positive (12V) side of the wiring and before the ignition switch.

I'd start at the positive terminal of the battery and go over the wiring from there - get a wiring diagram if you don't already have one. It's likeliest to be chafing or a wiring pinch at the headstock, but could be scraping / wear etc anywhere the leads contact frame or engine.

The other likely possibility is that there's an accessory of some kind on the bike, tagged into the battery instead of connected to the loom - does it have anything fitted?

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckie_cs View Post
    Battery shows 12+v for battery but goes to nil charge when I turn the ignition to on. Im trying to figure out whether its the starter relay or if there is something shirting the system or something else.
    Will be much appreciated for assistance to trouble shoot

CS
    As you're having issues with starting ... it would be a logical place to start looking for issues.

Disconnect the starter motor and turn the ignition on. If it doesn't go to nil charge ... the problem will probably be in the start system.

If so ... there's not that many components (or wiring) in the starting system.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Thread Information