Thread: Will this tyre fit?

Bike
    2006 Harley Rocker C

Will this tyre fit?

Hi all,
    I have a 2008 Harley Rocker C, stock front tyre is 90/90-19.
    Anyone know if a 100/90-19 would fit and what the impact on the ride characteristics would be?
    Cheers
    Steve

Bike
    bandit
    I could be cynical and say on a harley affecting ride characteristics is not a major issue .. but I won't

Keep to the manufacturer specifications .. they designed the bike to handle on this sized tyres ..

I put a bigger tyre on a bike once - never again - it upset the handling so much I would go into a corner not knowing where the bike was going to come out ... scarey ...
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Provided you have fork and guard clearance for the extra width I suspect it will fit fine.

In theory the wider front tyre may slow the steering when cornering - as it more input required to lean it in. But tyre choice and profile will also alter that.

90/90 is a tall skinny tyre - that bike has a wide rear if I remember. Darn thing must handle weird anyway so you may not notice any significant difference.

Bike
    2006 Harley Rocker C
    Thanks for the responses, threads on another forum say it will fit with minimal change in handling, but I might need to slot the fender to raise it slightly..
    Its a weird mix anyway with a 240mm rear tyre... good job I'm not looking for a bike to tear through the corners, ground clearance is laughable. I think that makes me a 'typical' Harley rider
    the 100 tyre is WAY cheaper though, and more available.

Steve

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    Dunno what brand you were looking at, but the Avon AM26 90/90 19 is only $195 at Cycletreads. Avon have a pretty good rep for that sort of tyre (ie large dia, classic style). Conveniently, their race version of that tyre doesn't say "not for high way use".... as my brother tells me after he fitted one to his 19 inch wheel shod Gold star in the UK a couple of years back!

Thread Information