Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Decent Whinge

Bike
    R1200RT LC

Decent Whinge

Come on guys. There hasn't been a decent whinge on this page for ages.

Have we mellowed or given up?

Bike
    Indian Scout
    Given up.
    Although I will whinge about this thread misleading me to think you had raised some awesome topic for a collective moan session.

I want to complain about piss poor thread titles that end up being about nothing like what they appear.

And it's supposed to be fine today but just started bloody drizzling and I'm prep'ing the roof to paint it . bastard weather.

And petrol has jumped to $2.35

And it turns out Santa isn't real.

And no new bike models have come out for ages that give my wallet a hard on. (That's actually a good thing now I think about it)

I'll be back when I think of something else to moan about.
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    Indian Scout
    And I'm sick of this Labour government dumping taxes on us from every bloody orifice so f#$%g bludgers and losers can live the lifestyle hard workers strive for.
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    One whinge I have being a short fellah is why the hell are the manufacturers continuing to make adventure bikes with seat heights that would require me to carry a step to climb up on and if they don't, like some of the BMWs that actually have a low seat, they weigh like a quarter of a tonne?

Why can't I have something that was the size of my 1973 Honda XL175 but with say about as much power as a 500cc or better and still weigh say less than 130kg? Maybe electric bikes will finally do it if they sort the range issue without batteries being too heavy.
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Come on guys. There hasn't been a decent whinge on this page for ages.

I'm pissed off that we're about to get hundreds of km of new wire rope barriers to make our roads safer for everyone except motorcyclists.

Although that's not completely fair as it should stop motorists on their bloody phones from crossing the centre line. Speaking of which:

https://www.facebook.com/BIKEZWTF/vi...wMjQ2NzkyNTQy/

You'd get into all sorts of shit no doubt, but it would feel good!

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    I'm pissed off that we're about to get hundreds of km of new wire rope barriers to make our roads safer for everyone except motorcyclists.

Although that's not completely fair as it should stop motorists on their bloody phones from crossing the centre line. Speaking of which:

I want to whinge about stupid motorcycle videos on the internet portraying the brotherhood as a pack of wankers. That video just shows a angry little man doing angry things. I'm going to assume that the blonde almost knocked him off prior to that incident.

I'll whinge about the hero on his freedom machine with no mufflers riding like a cock through traffic this morning while I was out in the car - he cut in so hard in front of me that if I'd not been aware of him and braked I reckon he would have clipped the edge of the car. He continued up the road in the same fashion fucking off the general population.

Indeed it appears to be 'look at me on my Freedom Machine' day in Christchurch - probably due to the stunning riding weather. Black T-shirts riding up the beer gut fatting along with open drag pipes.

Which leads me to the next whinge - really loud pipes on Freedom Machines. Now I like the sound of a set of pipes in the range of mellow to rowdy but fucking ear splitting is off. And the firing order of a HD with no muffling sounds crude as shit IMO. Shove some baffles in there and get a nice bass rumble. Side note I was reading a few weeks back that the drag pipe style reduces general performance on that engine - fine for the drag strip where it's all top end, but apparently a decent 2-1 will extract the max out of the engine across the rev range.

There was a SV Suzuki riding through my township yesterday with no mufflers at all - got my attention due to the racket.

Bike
    04 Buell XB12R 06 WR250F
    Quote Originally Posted by merv View Post
    One whinge I have being a short fellah is why the hell are the manufacturers continuing to make adventure bikes with seat heights that would require me to carry a step to climb up on and if they don't, like some of the BMWs that actually have a low seat, they weigh like a quarter of a tonne?

Why can't I have something that was the size of my 1973 Honda XL175 but with say about as much power as a 500cc or better and still weigh say less than 130kg? Maybe electric bikes will finally do it if they sort the range issue without batteries being too heavy.
    Hahaha have to agree, Im stuck with ether a cruiser or a sport style bike, they the only bikes I can get a foot on the ground without falling over. Im not a cruiser person, not that there is anything wrong with them, its not what I'm into, I'm only young. just maybe manufacturers will make a low seat height Adv bike, but I wont hold my breath.
    Why would you ride that long and that gnarly stuff if you don't have to, Its what we do, we love it.
    Nathan Woods R.I.P.

Bike
    It was on the good
    I am sure that statistically they are more likely to prevent a car crossing the centreline and killing you on your bike than they are of causing you any grief, unless of course you can't stay in your own lane either.

Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Indeed it appears to be 'look at me on my Freedom Machine' day in Christchurch - probably due to the stunning riding weather. Black T-shirts riding up the beer gut fatting along with open drag pipes.
    Oh fuck they are all out today. Lots of shiny Ducatis on the road as well, can't say I have seen one around for months. Open face helmets and no gloves seems to be the go. I don't really care what other people wear but in general I think summer weekend riders are all posing wankers who add to my ACC levy.

Seeing as you asked.

And short arses should stick to scooters.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    I don't really care what other people wear but in general I think summer weekend riders are all posing wankers who add to my ACC levy.

Seeing as you asked.

Ah you touch on another of my whinges - the cost of ACC levies and riding gear - specifically the lack of it. In a perfect world - yes, wear the F what you want, but as ACC also covers the stupid, I resent paying for hand (and the like) reconstruction for riders not wearing protective gear. There is excellent air-flowing gear out there.

Ditto why the F do the hospitals not charge a $200 (or more) 'drunk' fee? Apparently the A&E is full of booze poisoned persons every weekend.

That is great use of our medical staff, holding some 19 year old girls ponytail why she pukes her stomach out into a bowl, and in between chucks she cries her mascara smudged eyes out about 'Brad' being seen getting a BJ from some equally drunk fat-chick in the mens-room.

Bike
    Sold
    I want to whinge about the standard of driving and riding in Tauranga - rivals Auckland for incompetence . Don't often get down that way but was there today and it was insane - good weather brings out the loonies. Perhaps they were Aucklanders who moved down there

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post

it's all gone quiet since you put Axle in jail

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    it's all gone quiet since you put Axle in jail
    Doh!!!! My bad.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by merv View Post

I think the collective bike manufacturers of the world are raising a big middle finger to you and saying "Grow some legs short arse" or similar. Swings and round a bouts though as you probably fit a sports bike better than most other chaps.

I would like to whinge about how the guy across from me is a known scam artist around NZ but somehow gets a HNZ house despite the fact hes and expat pom and goes around ripping off everyday NZers. Why the fuck should our tax payer money supplement a piece of shit like that?

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    I am sure that statistically they are more likely to prevent a car crossing the centreline and killing you on your bike than they are of causing you any grief, unless of course you can't stay in your own lane either.

Oh fuck they are all out today. Lots of shiny Ducatis on the road as well, can't say I have seen one around for months. Open face helmets and no gloves seems to be the go. I don't really care what other people wear but in general I think summer weekend riders are all posing wankers who add to my ACC levy.

Seeing as you asked.

And short arses should stick to scooters.
    That was quite a good effort

Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Ah you touch on another of my whinges - the cost of ACC levies and riding gear - specifically the lack of it. In a perfect world - yes, where the F what you want, but as ACC also covers the stupid, I resent paying for hand (and the like) reconstruction for riders not wearing protective gear. There is excellent air-flowing gear out there.

Ditto why the F do the hospitals not charge a $200 (or more) 'drunk' fee? Apparently the A&E is full of booze poisoned persons every weekend.

That is great use of our medical staff, holding some 19 year old girls ponytail why she pukes her stomach out into a bowl, and in between chucks she cries her mascara smudged eyes out about 'Brad' being seen getting a BJ from some equally drunk fat-chick in the mens-room.
    Yeah the T-shirt and shorts brigade are a pain in my ACC levy too.
    Not a bad effort for a whinge either actually

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    I want to whinge about the standard of driving and riding in Tauranga - rivals Auckland for incompetence . Don't often get down that way but was there today and it was insane - good weather brings out the loonies. Perhaps they were Aucklanders who moved down there
    You should try running Auckland to Whangarei on a weekend day...surprised at the low number of prangs, seeing the stupidity unfold

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR

They are fine, just dont ride into em. Simple really. Next we will want farmers to take fences out because they could hurt......
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Thread Information