Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clutch grabbing issue

Bike
    04 Buell XB12R 06 WR250F
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Forget about draining the oil ... drain/empty the fuel tank and just lay the bike on it's side ...
    Id never be able to stand it up on my own

Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Just post your bank account number (and password) and I can then assure you ... you will have fewer money problems ...
    555 1234 5678 and Bank is ASANBZ
    Why would you ride that long and that gnarly stuff if you don't have to, Its what we do, we love it.
    Nathan Woods R.I.P.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Shit I soooo misread the title - I thought it said 'Crutch grabbing' something I was prepared to comment on....

As you were.
    Same! I thought, "what has Fenati done now?"
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Most likely cause is the basket fingers and often basket inner getting grooves worn in them. You can carefully file the worst of it out if it's not too bad but on a litre bike and a Vtwin at that it will be a consumable. Obviously minimization involves a nice cable, but not applicable in your case, not much slop in cushdrive, smooth chain run, and flat clutch plates. Good luck.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    04 Buell XB12R 06 WR250F
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Most likely cause is the basket fingers and often basket inner getting grooves worn in them. You can carefully file the worst of it out if it's not too bad but on a litre bike and a Vtwin at that it will be a consumable. Obviously minimization involves a nice cable, but not applicable in your case, not much slop in cushdrive, smooth chain run, and flat clutch plates. Good luck.
    RC51 SP1/SP2 group on facebook, a few members their had or have a similar problem, most said it was as you mentioned with the basket, and did as you mention
    and file/sand it down. One guy was going to install an SP2 clutch, but I think thay are the same anyway, another went with a Barnett unit another went with a
    sigma slipper clutch but he track days his bike.

Could start a whole new thread on OEM vs Aftermarket vs Slipper clutch vs standard.
    Why would you ride that long and that gnarly stuff if you don't have to, Its what we do, we love it.
    Nathan Woods R.I.P.

Thread Information