Thread: Husqurvana Vitpilen 701

Bike
    Street Triple R

Husqurvana Vitpilen 701

I've owned a GB400TT, a Yamaha SRX-6, and a Yamaha SR400E so you might say I am partial to a road going single. Anyone own or ridden one of these? I had a look yesterday and it's cool AF. I didnt swing a leg over but it looks high in the seat (an issue for me) but whats not to like about light weight and 75hp (brochure horsepower).

The issue I have is the price $18300 plus ORC. for $1500 more ($19995) you get into that new Honda naked 4cyl bike, you can buy a new Hardly Ableson (Street Bob 2018 runout $20765 rideaway) and stuff like Ducati Scramblers and Triumph Bonnevilles and so forth are cheaper.

Even the KTM 690 it's based on is cheaper -
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    its a duke for hipsters with the hipster tax. (the other type of rider on the same side as harley riders...)

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    I had a Husky 701 supermoto for a bit, which is the same motor and weight. It's an incredibly addictive combo and very fun to ride, but in the end I chose higher horsepower every time. The the price is just silly - get a Duke 690R - crazy depreciation on the used market, and basically the same bike. Actually in my opinion the Duke 690 is better looking.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    One comment in the first review I saw said it was uncomfortable. Having just looked at several first ride impressions on the 'Net I note that either they didn't have a problem, or they are too polite to mention the comfort or the lack thereof.

The extra cost over the Duke might be for electrickery like the auto blipper. There's something I didn't know I needed.

Like Mr Gaynor I'd rather have the KTM.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Stupid money for that bike. They will be running them out for $15k in a year so if you purchase today it will be worth $10k used in 12 months .......

I got a e-mail from Casbolts last month - they had special prices on 2017 models - including two of the Scramblers. Classic $15,450, Icon $13,490. August/September run-outs.

Also the Scrambler 1100 is $20-21 I think. Saw one at Little River last weekend - strikes me as a bloody good road bike for NZ. Hmm must check wheel sizes - if 17 spoon on some sticky rubber and ........

I popped in yesterday to look at the Neo Honda- I like it. Probably the only negative (for me) is that it has so many cool styling features that there is bugger all left to modify and personalise! That's how tough we have it now days with new models!

They still have the Moo-cow seated CB11 in there - I really like the seat on that, price keeps dropping ....

There is a 2017 classic scrambler on TM in CHCH - Termi muffler for $12k asking. Casbolts have a cheaper, low kms used one as well. If I was you I'd consider looking at something low km used and have coin to put that CB750 on the road. It is easy for me to spend your money

Bike
    2014 Honda VFR1200F
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    I've owned a GB400TT, a Yamaha SRX-6, and a Yamaha SR400E so you might say I am partial to a road going single. Anyone own or ridden one of these? I had a look yesterday and it's cool AF. I didnt swing a leg over but it looks high in the seat (an issue for me) but whats not to like about light weight and 75hp (brochure horsepower).

The issue I have is the price $18300 plus ORC. for $1500 more ($19995) you get into that new Honda naked 4cyl bike, you can buy a new Hardly Ableson (Street Bob 2018 runout $20765 rideaway) and stuff like Ducati Scramblers and Triumph Bonnevilles and so forth are cheaper.

$18,300 is a bit steep for a single IMHO. I've been looking @ then too but can't bring myself to part with that much coin for it.
    The 701 enduro with a spare set of road wheels would make more sense.

Sent from my HUAWEI RIO-L02 using Tapatalk
    bikes and babes are best naked

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy View Post
    MONEYI don't have any
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
    I found I had a fluffy seam when my crotch got wet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lula View Post
    Pussy forget about him.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Stupid money for that bike. They will be running them out for $15k in a year so if you purchase today it will be worth $10k used in 12 months .......

I got a e-mail from Casbolts last month - they had special prices on 2017 models - including two of the Scramblers. Classic $15,450, Icon $13,490. August/September run-outs.

Also the Scrambler 1100 is $20-21 I think. Saw one at Little River last weekend - strikes me as a bloody good road bike for NZ. Hmm must check wheel sizes - if 17 spoon on some sticky rubber and ........

I popped in yesterday to look at the Neo Honda- I like it. Probably the only negative (for me) is that it has so many cool styling features that there is bugger all left to modify and personalise! That's now tough we have it now days with new models!

They still have the Moo-cow seated CB11 in there - I really like the seat on that, price keeps dropping ....

There is a 2017 classic scrambler on TM in CHCH - Termi muffler for $12k asking. Casbolts have a cheaper, low kms used one as well. If I was you I'd consider looking at something low km used and have coin to put that CB750 on the road. It is easy for me to spend your money
    The CB750 is "nearly" on the road. I'm embarrassed to admit that due to pressure of work I have been getting people to do stuff for me. Should be picking it up fairly soon though. The only thing I need to source and don't have is a seat base or seat. At this point I may get a re-pop one from David Silver but I do have a couple of leads to follow up.

I did have a look at the stuff in Casbolts (same stellar service as always ) just to look at the new naked. The price is right though I think its too close in price to an S1000R - which is higher spec. I do like the look of the new Fireblade too, but I have gone off them since they tried to kill both Guy Martin AND John McGuinness within two weeks of each other last year.......

The reason I have kept the Street Triple so long is that there has been literally no other bike that suits me as well as a roadbike. It does 160kph in third gear*, it commutes, does trackdays and I have toured on it as well as my usual Sunday rides. I've come close a few times but not pulled the trigger.....

*apparently, so I'm told - on a closed course and with a professional rider.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries

The reason I have kept the Street Triple so long is that there has been literally no other bike that suits me as well as a roadbike. It does 160kph in third gear*, it commutes, does trackdays and I have toured on it as well as my usual Sunday rides. I've come close a few times but not pulled the trigger.....
    New 765 too much of the same for a shit load more once you figure in sale/trade ?

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    New 765 too much of the same for a shit load more once you figure in sale/trade ?
    Yeah the ST-R is worth fuck all ($6500 to $7k) and the new Triumph 765 is north of $20k. It has electronic geegaws though, so theres that.

Bike
    Indian Scout
    When the first news of the VIP 701 surfaced I was all ears to learn more. Then early reviews and the price check came along and I lost interest fast. The idea of a super light n nimble single with good looks could be a winner. Shame it's over priced and a tad weak on HP.

Reminds me when I fell in love with the BMW F800 but the lack of excitable power had me looking for a new date within six months.
    So many better value alternatives, they won't sell many.
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Just buy a honda and fit nobblies ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Visitor 2.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	718.3 KB 
ID:	338938  
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    The CB750 is "nearly" on the road. I'm embarrassed to admit that due to pressure of work I have been getting people to do stuff for me. Should be picking it up fairly soon though.
    Browsing Ebay and came across this. They would look nice on your CB750 https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-CB-75...3ce9%7Ciid%3A3
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Dad's garage (That I'm allowed to touch)
    Definitely paying for the retro flourishes on the Husky 701. I still see too much KTM Dna showing through with parts like the swing-arm for my liking. For the premium price I want more than a few bronze plates covering the KTM logo on the engine.

But why buy it? If I wanted a good KTM road bike, I'd get the 790 Duke instead, if I wanted an authentic retro there's the Moto Gutsy V7, but if I wanted retro with HP it's hard to beat the XSR 700. Maybe the Husky will be a little more exclusive than those other bikes, if exclusivity is what people expect for $19000.

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoonicorn View Post
    Definitely paying for the retro flourishes on the Husky 701. I still see too much KTM Dna showing through with parts like the swing-arm for my liking. For the premium price I want more than a few bronze plates covering the KTM logo on the engine.

But why buy it? If I wanted a good KTM road bike, I'd get the 790 Duke instead, if I wanted an authentic retro there's the Moto Gutsy V7, but if I wanted retro with HP it's hard to beat the XSR 700. Maybe the Husky will be a little more exclusive than those other bikes, if exclusivity is what people expect for $19000.
    You've hit the nail on the head there. An XSR900 would be my choice over the 701 I'm afraid. I suspect these will be heavily discounted in 6-12 months time which is a bit of a shame really.

Thread Information