Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rego rebates for completing RideForever courses

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Ive not done the RF yet. Think I need to get that done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Do it
    8 Hours, you WILL learn something and it is all about bikes for the whole day

https://www.prorider.co.nz/ride-forever-2/

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    I'd agree with the suggestion to do the bronze first. Having done a silver course as my first training since 1974 at Western Springs (I still have the certificate!), there was clearly some assumed knowledge from the bronze that I'd missed.

Sent from my HUAWEI SCL-L02 using Tapatalk

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by quickbuck View Post
    Do it
    8 Hours, you WILL learn something and it is all about bikes for the whole day

https://www.prorider.co.nz/ride-forever-2/
    I will just jump to the Platinum course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    A
    I will just jump to the Platinum course.
    You will learn something on Gold R4E, mainly that your perception of an "average rider" was altered when you got your pet food certificate. Never any harm in going along though, always pick up or refresh something.
    Or just go for a ride with Mr Platinum himself, he lives out your way anyway

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by quickbuck View Post
    Well, yeah.....
    CBTA is Competency Based Training ASSESSMENT!

We assess the application of the Competency Based Training they have received.
    These are Habits that are displayed. Good Habits. (Obviously the bad ones add up to Fault patterns).
    Too many faults, or a fault pattern or and Immediate failure Error results in a Non-Pass and a resit... after a recommendation to go back and listen and apply yourself on a R4E course.

There are people who argue that they can behave themselves for an hour in front of an assessor and then do whatever they want...
    That may be so for some, but it is pretty clear that the ones I have assessed and passed, that they ride like that all the time.
    I can see quite quickly someone who is covering habits, or forcing themselves to be a good rider for assessment.

Over all, the current crop who are coming through the new system appear to be a lot better than the riders of the past.

I agree, that many of those who got their license back in the day (when I did) would really struggle to pass a CBTA now.....

If you are interested, when new CBTA Assessors are under training, they call out for people to assess.
    It could be a good exercise for those who have had their licence a while to po along to a mock assessment and see how you do.
    It is free, feedback is given and you won't loose your licence... You might even learn something.
    Pretty much my experience too. You can spot someone playing the game.

R4E isn't compulsory before doing CBTA, but if you do CBTA without doing R4E, it's unlikely you'll know the standard for mirrors, scanning, positioning etc. All this is available online on pages 8 and 9 of this

https://www.nzta.govt.nz/assets/Driv...urse-guide.pdf

But an R4E course gives you a better chance of passing CBTA, as you'll get some feedback on things you might want to improve, and things you likely never even thought of.

Of course, you might be just so shit hot you'd prefer to waste money failing the first time. Your call.

Thread Information