Thread: ILM Bluetooth Integrated Modular Flip up

Bike
    2005 Suzuki SV1000

ILM Bluetooth Integrated Modular Flip up

Hi all,

I recently purchased this helmet: https://www.ilmotor.com/collections/...p3-intercom-fm
    I really like it and I am very impressed with the sound quality over the noise of the bike/wind.

I went to purchase one for my girlfriend who loves jumping on the back, but they do not make a XS/S (they start at medium) so we can communicate via Intercom, listen to music etc....

I would prefer not to have to sell the helmet so I am looking for options.

- Does anyone know a Bluetooth helmet that will pair with my new one?
    - Is there an external BT unit I can fit to a helmet that will pair with my new one?

I have tried talking to ILM directly, and they just apologised that they do not make them smaller.

Cheers

Bike
    '21 Ducati Multistrada 950S
    Can you get thicker cheekpads for Medium to make it fit a smaller head? Not ideal, but still.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Bluetooth is a standard, or at least it originally was. Anyones BT "should" talk to anyone elses. My Holden car has no trouble pairing with my Samsung and Apple phones.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Sold
    Different makes can talk to each other through Universal Pairing Mode if yours has it. By way of example, I've paired my Sena clamp-on unit with both the Pactalk and Interphone brands. Range is limited to that of the lowest spec unit in the case of 2 bikes as opposed to rider to pillion.

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    looking at the page, it looks like its a "freedconn" BT unit, of which I have one. You can buy them off ebay and alibaba. They will pair with other units of the same type, but I havent been able to make them pair with anything else.
    https://www.alibaba.com/trade/search...tooth+intercom

Another option is to install Discord (gamer chat) on your and her phones, create a server for yourselves and join a voice chat on that server and then it doesnt matter what BT you have.. and anyone else who rides with you can join that same chat - no range issues.

There is also Zello, but it requires PTT (A big button on your screen) to operate while riding.
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Thread Information